Sign in to follow this  
canarydan23

Mark Robins

I''m sure I''m not alone in being disappointed by Robins yesterday. As a 24 year old, he was one of our top players when I was starting to fall for Norwich and football so he has always been one of my favourite players.

I was also really p***ed off when we didn''t appoint him every time we''ve changed a manager since Worthington. After Worthy, I wanted Robins. After Grant, I wanted Robins. After Roeder, I wanted Robins.

Thank f**k the board don''t think like I do. His team yesterday were a bunch of cynical cheaters. They went down under EVERY challenge and rolled around for a good few minutes. They were timewasting and trying to con the ref at every opportunity. Most teams have the odd player or two that do this, but in the case of Barnsley yesterday, it was patently something that had been drilled into them by the coaching staff, much like the way Porto cheated their way to the UEFA Cup under Mourinho.

I would hate to support a team like that and Mark Robins has gone from being one of my top ten favourite players and someone who I was desperate to manage Norwich in the near future to someone who I think, quite frankly, is a bit of a d*ck.

And to top it off, his, "we didn''t deserve to lose, it''s the refs fault". What a bellend.

I sort of agree with this, aswell as Shackell''s influence. He got a good reception and a round of applause (as expected!) but I was slightly dissapointed with some of his antics during the game.

Yep, got to say I thought Robins attitude was a little sour grapesish as well. Disappointingly so. As for Shackell; he was just doing what all players do and playing for time.

Managers need to set out a plan to win the game, even if it is a little naughty. Look at holland in the WC they knew spain were the better passign team and just went out to stop them fro mplaying their game. Barnsley did the same by just slowing down the tempo and stopping our fluent passing game.

"Yea I guess he should of (sic) just told his boys to roll over and let us win..... "

Effectively that''s what he did. Which really underlines the OPs original point. He is another supposedly bright young manager whose complete lack of tactical nous means he''s a more likely candidate for the "Football''s Mr Thick" contest.

You expect all sides to waste a bit of time if they are winning - they all do it, us included (and one of the ''legal'' ways, taking the ball into the corner and farting about with it really does pee me off, perhaps slightly irrationally!). But there are some who seem to employ an additional cynical edge to it, feining injury at any opportunity and so on, a la Derby under Billy Davies (I can''t stand the guy as a result of their antics at FCR). I can''t remember us having done this (certainly not ''obviously'') and would be disappointed if we did.

Wasting time tends to be in the last few minutes not early on in the second half. Maybe it is Robins behind it, after all on this display he''s wasting everyones time pretending to be a manager.Hopefully there is a bit of a clampdown, as with the Preston player yesterday.