Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Another City Win Yesterday.....

Under 18 academy side beat Birmingham 4-0. This is their third consecutive win and 4 goal total.

Details here

"Remy Gordon beat his man well in the wide left position" Chip off the old block maybe?

[quote user="city till i die"]i think remy is a defender, but hey if he''s anything like his old man than we have a decent player coming threw[/quote]Provided he stays off the Remy Martin...[<:o)][B][<:o)]

Yes I think he''s a left back. I''ve only seen him play once as a sub for the ressies last season. But in the academy reports he''s often credied with a good ball into the box.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Yes I think he''s a left back. I''ve only seen him play once as a sub for the ressies last season. But in the academy reports he''s often credied with a good ball into the box.

[/quote]

So was his dad (he he he)

http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED12%20Sep%202010%2013%3A47%3A56%3A353The Pink ''Un reports :"Until Saturday, the Blues were unbeaten this season and had not conceded a goal in their opening three games."Very impressive. Made light work of a highly rated Tottenham youth academy also. Does anyone know where the fixtures, results and table are for the "FA Premier Academy Under-18 League"?I''ve also heard there''s a large Turkish contingent in our youth system. Does anyone know if there is a particular reason for such an internationally concentrated influx of players? From what i''ve read they seem to playing rather well.

Josh Dawkin is the name that seems to get mantioned more than most as one to eventually break through, anyone seen much of him?

John - click the FONCY link in my sig and then go to "latest news". You will find fixtures and match reports.

Three of the four goals against Huddersfield were scored by the Turkish lads. I don''t know the story behind them being here though.

Some of our best young players start off at other clubs. George Francomb was at Spurs as a schoolboy and I understand we spotted him playing for Stevenage. Korey Smith was at Arsenal as a schoolboy. Times have certainly changed from when we could sign up schoolboys from all over the country.

Much appreciated Nutty. [Y]We''re looking in top nick at the moment. As someone that has a close association with the academy, are there any realistic prospects of us winning any silverware at youth level this season? And is there any particular player that possesses the kind of promise that may just shut up the ''other lot'' down the road about their new upcoming star?And is it only me, or do we have a Kevin Prince-Boateng lookalike among our ranks?As for the Turkish lads, could it mean we''re scouting the continent in light of the rules imposed by the FA? Or are FIFA''s rules on international youth transfers just as strict? From memory i remember them coming down pretty hard on Chelsea after the Kakuta saga.(Browsing over that i must apologise for the inquisition Nigel, only it seemed the sensible option to take advantage of your fountain of knowledge)

John, I''m not in close association with the academy and I''ve already shared with you most of my knowledge. The font is getting dry[;)] I''d love to watch the games but work doesn''t allow it I''m afraid.

Some things I just guess at or work out for myself. I guess the rules governing schoolboy travelling time relax at the age of 16. And of course clubs release players at various stages including 16. The FA rules concerning this can be found here

I understand Norwich have a kind of partnership with the university of Hertfordshire. Norwich scouts can recommend young footballers to attend the development centre in Hatfield and the coaches at the centre can recommend players to our club.

And now John.. you know as much as me[;)]

I have well and truly been filled in Nutty. Cheers, have one on me! [B]As for the Turkish lads, one might hope some light is shed on that in the near future. Perhaps if the academy sustain their recent good form some attention will begin to gather pace, like it seemed to in the 2008 cup run, and in turn the right questions (from our perspective) will be asked.

Keep an eye on that FONCY site John. We may learn some more from there.

Now if you were to leave us a selection on the Rays Funds For FONCY thread each week you could click the link on my sig. Kill two birds with one stone so to speak [;)]

Will keep an eye on it Nutty.The whole Rays Funds For FONCY seems to have by-passed me in my time on here, silly me. I''ll be sure acquaint myself with it all. As you suggest, the benefits seem too good to miss. [;)][Y]