Sign in to follow this  
Methane

SHACKELL'S JUST DESSERTS

We cheer him as an old boy returning.......he feigns injury to waste time and it turns out to be cramp..........he has to leave field......we equalise when he''s off the pitch........jason you''re a plonker......nuff said.

I thought that he was the only one out of the Barnsley lot that actually had any grounds to be in pain as he did appear to have cramp.Still first thing I said when Owen Goal struck was "Thank you Jason ! "

Maybe just had a better view of him working the cramp out from where I was cos it appeared he was the only player that actually bothered !I always thought people from Barnsley were pretty rough and tough, shame for them to have their footy team acting like a bunch of wounded school girls !

Shack''s appeared to be struggling with cramp before he went down. Was stretching his calf every chance he got for about 5 minutes prior

I have to say that I don''t think I''ve ever seen a team whose players spent as much time on the ground as Barnsley did today. Was it down to lack of fitness, timewasting (even though they still did it when losing!) or were our challenges genuinely OTT?. One thing''s for sue ,if this country ever goes to war again ,I wouldn''t want any Barnsley players beside me in the trenches!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

One thing''s for sue ,if this country ever goes to war again ,I wouldn''t want any Barnsley players beside me in the trenches!

[/quote]

Isn''t it weird that trench warfare went out in 1918 and nearly a hundred years later that phrase is still being used?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

One thing''s for sue ,if this country ever goes to war again ,I wouldn''t want any Barnsley players beside me in the trenches!

[/quote]

Isn''t it weird that trench warfare went out in 1918 and nearly a hundred years later that phrase is still being used?

[/quote]Cramp has been passed down from father to son in Barnsley for almost 100 years now.  ''Son, when you go over the top, go down with cramp.  It''ll reduce your chances of getting mowed down by a machine gun''.

FFS How do you know they weren''t in pain?

Shackell did have cramp quite obviously, as he was off the pitch for another couple of minuets dealing with it, if he was ''faking'' it, why would he have done that?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]FFS How do you know they weren''t in pain? Shackell did have cramp quite obviously, as he was off the pitch for another couple of minuets dealing with it, if he was ''faking'' it, why would he have done that?[/quote]

Because the ref ordered him off. Strange though how no Barnsley injuries occured in the last 10 minutes.

What a biased post, Shackell was struggling with cramp. The ref was a homer hence a lot of the x-rated challenges went unpunished. The ref had no right to order Shackell off the pitch for treatment, he didn''t want to go off. Low & behold you score when we''re down to 10 men. Hope the ref enjoyed your hospitality yrsterday, he deserved it

Yeah, but when you get ordered off, you don''t carry on getting treatment for 2/3 mins if you don''t need it, you come back on asap....

It just really annoys me, how everyone thinks anyone going down is faking it, how the hell do you know if they are in pain or not?

If anything the ref favoured you lot, playing into your time wasting hands. And if Shackell rolls around with cramp wasting time he cant be suprised when hes told to get off for treatment.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yeah, but when you get ordered off, you don''t carry on getting treatment for 2/3 mins if you don''t need it, you come back on asap.... It just really annoys me, how everyone thinks anyone going down is faking it, how the hell do you know if they are in pain or not?[/quote]

Yeah I agree that not always people are feigning injury but he wasnt off for long, just the next passage of play which was when the goal was scored.

yes he was clearly in pain, but because the game wasn''t stopped or held up for him to have treatment, it was his choice to go off or stay on, the ref had no right to order him off. He wasn''t bleeding or concussed or anything like that. I''m affraid too many refs today make up their own rules up.

[quote user="Tarntyke"]yes he was clearly in pain, but because the game wasn''t stopped or held up for him to have treatment, it was his choice to go off or stay on, the ref had no right to order him off. He wasn''t bleeding or concussed or anything like that. I''m affraid too many refs today make up their own rules up.[/quote]

I understand that and it was clear he was in pain, so surely it was right for him to go off and recieve treatment and let the game continue? It happens other times in the game when a player gets injured its only in this instance it has been highlighted because a goal was scored during that time.

[quote user="Tarntyke"]What a biased post, Shackell was struggling with cramp. The ref was a homer hence a lot of the x-rated challenges went unpunished. The ref had no right to order Shackell off the pitch for treatment, he didn''t want to go off. Low & behold you score when we''re down to 10 men. Hope the ref enjoyed your hospitality yrsterday, he deserved it[/quote]

Shackell played well yesterday and I''m not surprised we scored when he was off.

And of course Shackell did not have to go off - he could have chosen to play on with cramp.

He also could have chosen to stay on an and stretch his hamstrings and calves out with the other player leaving Barnsley down to nine or gone off for treatment which he looked like he needed. Maybe the ref (who did not have a good game) might have had a bit more sympathy had we all not suffered from the constant time wasting and injury feigning that had gone on for most of the match.

It''s strange that I don''t recall any Barnsley players going down injured in the last ten minutes when Barnsley were chasing the game.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

[quote user="Tarntyke"]What a biased post, Shackell was struggling with cramp. The ref was a homer hence a lot of the x-rated challenges went unpunished. The ref had no right to order Shackell off the pitch for treatment, he didn''t want to go off. Low & behold you score when we''re down to 10 men. Hope the ref enjoyed your hospitality yrsterday, he deserved it[/quote]

Shackell played well yesterday and I''m not surprised we scored when he was off.

And of course Shackell did not have to go off - he could have chosen to play on with cramp.

He also could have chosen to stay on an and stretch his hamstrings and calves out with the other player leaving Barnsley down to nine or gone off for treatment which he looked like he needed. Maybe the ref (who did not have a good game) might have had a bit more sympathy had we all not suffered from the constant time wasting and injury feigning that had gone on for most of the match.

It''s strange that I don''t recall any Barnsley players going down injured in the last ten minutes when Barnsley were chasing the game.

[/quote]

Exactly.

[quote user="Tarntyke"]yes he was clearly in pain, but because the game wasn''t stopped or held up for him to have treatment, it was his choice to go off or stay on, the ref had no right to order him off. He wasn''t bleeding or concussed or anything like that. I''m affraid too many refs today make up their own rules up.[/quote]

I''m sorry, but you''re wrong. The game was stopped, it''s just that the ref allowed Steele to keep the ball instead of throwing it out (wrongly in my view). What do you think he should have done - suspend the game until Shack felt like getting up and continuing?

What a biased reply, the ref probably got fed up with you feigning injuries to waste time (remind me, how many Barnsley players were substituted due to injuries sustained in these x-rated challenges? Exactly...) We deserved to score because only one side showed any attacking intent. Down to ten men? Bunch of whining moaning girls more like.... Hope you enjoyed your trip home without any points....AGAIN!

[quote user="Mike "]

What a biased reply, the ref probably got fed up with you feigning injuries to waste time (remind me, how many Barnsley players were substituted due to injuries sustained in these x-rated challenges? Exactly...) We deserved to score because only one side showed any attacking intent. Down to ten men? Bunch of whining moaning girls more like.... Hope you enjoyed your trip home without any points....AGAIN!

[/quote]

Mike – don’t want you looking like an idiot or anything but Roy Keane does have a Champions League medal…

I thought that their lay down and die tactics were their own undoing really, if they had not have wasted so much time they may have been good for an equaliser. No place in football as far as I am concerned.

The ref had every right to ask Shackell to leave the field, he had indicated that the physio could come on, but for whatever reason the physio didn''t. The letter of the law relates to the request by the physio to enter the field of play, not that the physio actually attended. Therefore the referee was within his rights to ask Shacks to leave the field of play.

Personally I think he was definately struggling, he''d been stretching for a good ten minutes prior to that and as others have said he didnt come straight back on as he was still receiving treatment. My issue was with the other Barnsley players who were rolling around as if they had been shot any time anyone went near them, the worst of the lot was Trippier who must have been down on the deck at least four or five times, yet miraclously recovered every time.

All of a sudden when they are chasing the game the cramp and play acting disappeared, what a suprise...

[quote user="Tarntyke"]yes he was clearly in pain, but because the game wasn''t stopped or held up for him to have treatment, it was his choice to go off or stay on, the ref had no right to order him off. He wasn''t bleeding or concussed or anything like that. I''m affraid too many refs today make up their own rules up.[/quote]Cheats don''t prosper... get a life Tarntyke, you were beaten by the better team... NEXT.

Shackell left the field, and was off for at least another 1/2 mins with the physio.......and then later on (in the last 10 minuets....) he was limping a bit as well.....So all this BS about him faking it, it being unfair etc is pathetic....

(this is too the Barnsley fan, and Norwich fans....)

and Tarntyke, what are you on about? the play did stop, the kepper had the ball in his arms for quite a while, until it was all sorted out....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Shackell left the field, and was off for at least another 1/2 mins with the physio.......and then later on (in the last 10 minuets....) he was limping a bit as well.....So all this BS about him faking it, it being unfair etc is pathetic....

(this is too the Barnsley fan, and Norwich fans....)[/quote]

It was cramp, nothing more, nothing less.