Sign in to follow this  
Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son

Football League Show

Was about to start a thread about last night''s FLS but decided to add to this instead.Am I the only one who found the show without the irrtating Lizzie email/text slot much more enjoyable to watch?I understand the Beeb''s reasoning behind the slot but it''s so short and rapidly aired, it''s hardly worth the effort.Long may it be on that late at night so she gets the night off and we don''t have to put up with her!

Yeah I found the same. The emails they recieve are always so pointless too. Its like ''''Dan, a Burton Albion fan, thinks they can come in the top half after todays draw''''.

I agree with WITS ...........thankfully i have sky plus so i can fast forward past her.........she really has no idea what shes talking about either.........waste of my license fee paying her.

Still getting our regular minute and a half at about 40 mins.[:|]

Saying that,i did enjoy the Burnley game.

[quote user="cosmos67"]I agree with WITS ...........thankfully i have sky plus so i can fast forward past her.........she really has no idea what shes talking about either.........waste of my license fee paying her.[/quote]

Sky Plus it myself for that very reason.

"Baz, Stevo and Nobby reckon Mansfied for the top six this year-well boys, good luck with that...meanwhile, Shane has texted from Speke to say that Tranmere Rovers deserve a mention, well Shane, you just got it....back to you Manish"

"Thanks for that Lizzie, now Steve, as Shane said-Tranmere Rovers?"

"Yea, good club, good manager, good squad of players, they''ll do well this season"

"And Mansfield?"

"Yeah, same applies Manish-got some good players, good Manager, they''re a club that can do well"

"Thanks for that analysis Steve, now a look at League Two"

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

[quote user="cosmos67"]I agree with WITS ...........thankfully i have sky plus so i can fast forward past her.........she really has no idea what shes talking about either.........waste of my license fee paying her.[/quote]

"Baz, Stevo and Nobby reckon Mansfied for the top six this year-well boys, good luck with that...meanwhile, Shane has texted from Speke to say that Tranmere Rovers deserve a mention, well Shane, you just got it....back to you Manish"

"Yea, good club, good manager, good squad of players, they''ll do well this season"

"And Mansfield?"

"Yeah, same applies Manish-got some good players, good Manager, they''re a club that can do well"

[/quote]

[:D] It''s funny because it''s true!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

"And Mansfield?"

[/quote]

[:D]

Cheers Herman that worked a treat, Chrissy lad makes finishing look so effortless, I think Mr Lambert is right when he speaks about him being a natural goalscorer/finisher.

No worries[Y] And yes,it is a high quality finish by Martin.Let''s hope it leads on to many.

What''s worse with this stick insect is that every other text is from some woman.If there was a programme dedicated to doing the washiping up I don''t think there would be loads of blokes emailing in stuff like " since we got the new scouring pad I reckon we could be finishing about half six now".Get rid of the two herberts giving their analysis as well. We don''t need the blindingly obvious spelt out to us - if you can''t work out what''s going then you shouldn''t be watching the programme.

Suggest those peed off with ''thin'' Lizzie should email the BBC and let them know. Maybe enough emails may have her moved permanently.

[quote user="Mr. Chops"][quote user="Old Shuck"]

"And Mansfield?"

[/quote]

[:D] It''s funny because it''s true!
[/quote]

No it''s not because Mansfield are in the Blue Square Premier [:D][:D]

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

"And Mansfield?"

[/quote]Scarily accurate. Not sure who i dislike more Claridge or Rosenior. Claridge is highly irritating, and seems to dislike Norwich, but i think Rosenior just takes the award, could the guy sit on the fence any more? He just agrees with everything, never says anything controversial, he''s only on there to tick a box for the BBC!

And apart from everything else can someone tell me why Leeds have been put higher than us when we have exactly same points across the board, apart from the media hate of Norwich is my only thoughts

[quote user="Yellows"]

Yeah I found the same. The emails they recieve are always so pointless too. Its like ''''Dan, a Burton Albion fan, thinks they can come in the top half after todays draw''''.

[/quote]

Can''t beat coming in the top half  [:|][:$][:P]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Because it''s done on alphabetical order.  Time to change our name to AFC Norwich City [;)]
[/quote]

Now why didn''t I think of that, But still prefere to think the Media hate us. And only talk about us when we were in the brown stuff

"some woman" "programme dedicated to doing the washiping up"

Bet you''re a real (s)hit with the ladies, City1st.

Totally with WITS & Old Shuck on this one! Wish they could get some better quality in, but mind you it''s all about the transfer budget available, and besides even the next league up has got a double helping of dross in their punditry squad.

This show is dreadful but the whole BBC football lineup is dated and a bit rubbish. I watched the BBC''s equivalent of Soccer Saturday this week and it was really dreadful; Mark Chapman (that bloke who was once Chris Moyles lacky) getting ''expert'' advice from Les Ferdinand and Garth ''I am always outraged'' Crooks. How many people have to turn you down before you arrive at that line up????The only BBC pundits worth their salt are Lineker and Hansen and even Lineker is pushing it slightly.

[quote user="Kent Canary"]This show is dreadful but the whole BBC football lineup is dated and a bit rubbish. I watched the BBC''s equivalent of Soccer Saturday this week and it was really dreadful; Mark Chapman (that bloke who was once Chris Moyles lacky) getting ''expert'' advice from Les Ferdinand and Garth ''I am always outraged'' Crooks. How many people have to turn you down before you arrive at that line up????

The only BBC pundits worth their salt are Lineker and Hansen and even Lineker is pushing it slightly.
[/quote]

Ah, Garth Crooks!

Why come out with a pithy statement when you can deliver a monologue that attempts to use every single word in the Oxford English Dictionary!

He gets incensed at the slightest provocation-and off he goes;

"...let me tell you, let me tell you, Newcastle United FC, of St James'' Park, they have to get someone in to take the goalscoring responsibility off the shoulders of Andrew Carroll, they have to look to the complement of their first team squad and realise that it does not contain a sufficient resource in terms of members of that first team sqauad who have the capability and skill required to score at the highest level, viz-a-via, the English Premier League; they need someone, I can''t tell you who, they need to sign someone who has experience and pace, someone who can complement the strenght and raw ability of Andrew Carroll, and someone who will provide an alternative to him in terms of scoring goals and thus ensuring that they are able to win more matches than they lose, and ensuring, in getting the three points that winning a match will reward you with, that they start to make a vertical ascent of the English Premier League, and, in doing so, attain the sort of postion that they would think has merit and would lead to the chance of further success later in the season..."

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

"And Mansfield?"

[/quote]Thats the funniest thing I have seen on here for a while![:D]

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

[quote user="Kent Canary"]This show is dreadful but the whole BBC football lineup is dated and a bit rubbish. I watched the BBC''s equivalent of Soccer Saturday this week and it was really dreadful; Mark Chapman (that bloke who was once Chris Moyles lacky) getting ''expert'' advice from Les Ferdinand and Garth ''I am always outraged'' Crooks. How many people have to turn you down before you arrive at that line up????The only BBC pundits worth their salt are Lineker and Hansen and even Lineker is pushing it slightly.[/quote]

Ah, Garth Crooks!

Why come out with a pithy statement when you can deliver a monologue that attempts to use every single word in the Oxford English Dictionary!

He gets incensed at the slightest provocation-and off he goes;

"...let me tell you, let me tell you, Newcastle United FC, of St James'' Park, they have to get someone in to take the goalscoring responsibility off the shoulders of Andrew Carroll, they have to look to the complement of their first team squad and realise that it does not contain a sufficient resource in terms of members of that first team sqauad who have the capability and skill required to score at the highest level, viz-a-via, the English Premier League; they need someone, I can''t tell you who, they need to sign someone who has experience and pace, someone who can complement the strenght and raw ability of Andrew Carroll, and someone who will provide an alternative to him in terms of scoring goals and thus ensuring that they are able to win more matches than they lose, and ensuring, in getting the three points that winning a match will reward you with, that they start to make a vertical ascent of the English Premier League, and, in doing so, attain the sort of postion that they would think has merit and would lead to the chance of further success later in the season..."

[/quote]He did say viz-a-via on Saturday...made me think of David Brent, ''viz-a-via the whole pie...''. Fantastic!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I wonder if Rosenior has some sort of bet on to see how often he can say ''absolutely'' in one show?
[/quote]

He''s a good mate of Lambert, they have a little bet going, Rosenior got the word "absolutely", Lambert got "terrific". Despite Lambert being on TV one twentieth the amount that Rosenior is he is still winning.

""some woman" "programme dedicated to doing the washiping up"

Bet you''re a real (s)hit with the ladies, City1st.

"

whoooooooooosh !