Sign in to follow this  
chicken

Shackell - was the decision wrong or right?

[quote user="morty"]Anyway, as lovely as this is, it isn''t getting my ironing done.

[:)]
[/quote]

Damn! Just as I was beginning to enjoy myselves.

Personally, I like to get my housework done in time for Loose Women...

[quote user="Loopzilla"]

[quote user="morty"]Anyway, as lovely as this is, it isn''t getting my ironing done.[:)][/quote]

[/quote]I''m actually a big fan of loose women.Not the telly show mind.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Loopzilla"]

[quote user="morty"]Anyway, as lovely as this is, it isn''t getting my ironing done.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m actually a big fan of loose women.

Not the telly show mind.

[/quote]

Loose/tight, all depends upon the lubrication.

With my sincerest apologies to the OP.

The ref got it right.  If possible a player should get to the sidelines for treatment so play can continue.   Clearly Shacks could.  

The issue as always in inconsistency by the refs on how its intepretted. Put simply some refs enforce it,  some dont and most take various approaches in between those two extremes during any given 90 mins..  

Perhaps the only way to stop it is move the time keeping to the 4th official who automoatically stops the clock and allow as long as is needed for each treatment before starting it again,  that way there is no time wasting benefit to be gained and no one man advantage either.  I suspect the number treatments will drop but it will mean more games will finish after 5 for a 3 o''clock kick off.

To be honest, I think Mark Robins was watching a different game. From Robins'' logic the reason a Barnsley player put the ball into his own net, was because another Barnsley player wasn''t on the pitch. Obvious really :-PIn the referee''s defence, there must have been 6-7 incidents where Barnsley players were curled up in the fetal position, and several occasions where they mysteriously recovered completely unaided :-P