Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

563 Donny tickets sold...

so far....don''t know if it is up to date: [url]http://www.keepmoatstadium.com/index.php/ticket_information/rovers_home_games/[/url]I thought we might have sold a few more but I can still see us taking 1000ish, not many fans, more noise by everyone!OTBC!

I''d have gone if it was a Saturday rather than a Tuesday night. Makes it nigh-on impossible to get back to where I live...wouldn''t get home till 8am the next day!

What''s more worrying is that I gave that option genuine consideration before deciding against it!

Preston, however! :)

Really want to go, but can''t :( I have work and can''t have much time off ATM, last time we played there was a Friday night! [:@]

I am hoping Mr Ilderton recorded the Tranmere game and watched it when he got home. I am hoping he realised that it was one of the worst refereeing performances of all time. I am hoping he feels like he owes the Norwich fans. I am hoping he repays that debt on Tuesday.

Am I hoping for too much?

I don''t know how we should play this on Tues night, should we give it to this bent, cheat both barrels right from the warm up before the match thus possibly turning him against us for the game (that is indeed if the outcome hasn''t already been decided, as previously mentioned), or should we bite out tongues and wait to see how he referees the match in the hope that he feels he might ''owe us one''??. I know which is probably more sensible, but I know which it is more likely to be as soon as we catch sight of his smarmy, perma-tanned face.

Oh sod it.....I''m giving it to him right from the off !!!

I just can''t make midweek games. Having to work early it''s just out of the question.

Nutty I think your hoping too much, after all has that clown in a ref uniform Andy D''Uroso ever done us a favour after all the horror shows he''s been in charge of?

Davo

I hope he does his pre-match warm up at our end... I look forward to giving the biased little c*nt the stick he deserves. Tranmere was a long expensive way to go for that sh!t.

You have a point Nutty and I hope you are right and hopefully it was an off game but the cynic in me won''t believe it until I see it.

Davo

I cant help but feel there was something sinister about that Tranmere game because it is beyond me that a referee can genuinely put in a performance that bad.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]so far....don''t know if it is up to date: [url]http://www.keepmoatstadium.com/index.php/ticket_information/rovers_home_games/[/url]

I thought we might have sold a few more but I can still see us taking 1000ish, not many fans, more noise by everyone!

OTBC!
[/quote]

You might have jumped to a conclusion with the numbers Excited Canary.I take it tou have assumed 7117 + 563 is home fans + visitors.

It might be season tickets+casual sales and not include visitors at all.

Just a thought.

A good thought, Tilly, although it looks like Donny''s season tickets are accounted for in a separate section above: 5925 is the figure given. So young Excited could be right in his assumption of home fans + away fans.

If we can take 1000 it will be at least 10% of the total if not more like twice that on a Tuesday night.

I cannot afford to go and am impressed that so many of you can - well done guys and girls, really impressive.

"I cant help but feel there was something sinister about that Tranmere

game because it is beyond me that a referee can genuinely put in a

performance that bad
."Not really, it is just a bit more obvious some days.

I rang Norwich ticket office this morning and they were quoting about 650 away tickets sold.  I rang to check that tickets were being sold on the door on the night and they confirmed this, so I''m going now and given the large number of Norwich fans based in South Yorkshire I think 1,000 is achievable.As for Ilderton, its been a long time since I''ve been so angry I''ve been close to being kicked out of a pub but watched that match on Sky, and having only had 3 pints I still stood in front of the screen and ranted at him as he left the pitch.  I said something along the lines of "You''ll never ref another Norwich match again".  Shows how little I know - less than 5 months later and he is in charge again.  I''ll give him one bad decision only before I pile in!   

[quote user="City1st"]"I cant help but feel there was something sinister about that Tranmere game because it is beyond me that a referee can genuinely put in a performance that bad."

Not really, it is just a bit more obvious some days.

[/quote]

Not really, theres a difference between a ''bit more obvious'' poor refereeing performance and the game at Tranmere last season, some of the stuff was unbelievable. Lets just give him another chance to redeem himself though hey!

[quote user="shefcanary"]I rang Norwich ticket office this morning and they were quoting about 650 away tickets sold.  I rang to check that tickets were being sold on the door on the night and they confirmed this, so I''m going now and given the large number of Norwich fans based in South Yorkshire I think 1,000 is achievable.As for Ilderton, its been a long time since I''ve been so angry I''ve been close to being kicked out of a pub but watched that match on Sky, and having only had 3 pints I still stood in front of the screen and ranted at him as he left the pitch.  I said something along the lines of "You''ll never ref another Norwich match again".  Shows how little I know - less than 5 months later and he is in charge again.  I''ll give him one bad decision only before I pile in!    [/quote]Large number of Norwich fans based in South Yorkshire??? Your joking right? Never in my 26 years of trudging the valleys and peaks of my great county have I ever seen a Norwich fan with a Yorkshire accent lmao.....oh dear the comedy.And 650 tickets sold! Cmon you can do better than that. We''re taking 6,700+ fans to Barnsley, although it''s a Yorkshire derby and not that far I''m sure a club with Norwich''s stature can manage more than a poultry 650.

[quote user="Resident Leeds Fan Jonny"][quote user="shefcanary"]I rang Norwich ticket office this morning and they were quoting about 650 away tickets sold.  I rang to check that tickets were being sold on the door on the night and they confirmed this, so I''m going now and given the large number of Norwich fans based in South Yorkshire I think 1,000 is achievable.As for Ilderton, its been a long time since I''ve been so angry I''ve been close to being kicked out of a pub but watched that match on Sky, and having only had 3 pints I still stood in front of the screen and ranted at him as he left the pitch.  I said something along the lines of "You''ll never ref another Norwich match again".  Shows how little I know - less than 5 months later and he is in charge again.  I''ll give him one bad decision only before I pile in!    [/quote]Large number of Norwich fans based in South Yorkshire??? Your joking right? Never in my 26 years of trudging the valleys and peaks of my great county have I ever seen a Norwich fan with a Yorkshire accent lmao.....oh dear the comedy.And 650 tickets sold! Cmon you can do better than that. We''re taking 6,700+ fans to Barnsley, although it''s a Yorkshire derby and not that far I''m sure a club with Norwich''s stature can manage more than a poultry 650.[/quote]It''s £15 for u16''s! Tuesday night, Norwich fans may even have to stay over-night Donny isn''t the nicest of places! We usually take 2,300 to Barnsley, and I''m sure we will break 1,000 tonight! As above, I have updated it we''ve sold 900 and 600 available on the door [Y] OTBC!

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="Resident Leeds Fan Jonny"][quote user="shefcanary"]I rang Norwich ticket office this morning and they were quoting about 650 away tickets sold.  I rang to check that tickets were being sold on the door on the night and they confirmed this, so I''m going now and given the large number of Norwich fans based in South Yorkshire I think 1,000 is achievable.As for Ilderton, its been a long time since I''ve been so angry I''ve been close to being kicked out of a pub but watched that match on Sky, and having only had 3 pints I still stood in front of the screen and ranted at him as he left the pitch.  I said something along the lines of "You''ll never ref another Norwich match again".  Shows how little I know - less than 5 months later and he is in charge again.  I''ll give him one bad decision only before I pile in!    [/quote]Large number of Norwich fans based in South Yorkshire??? Your joking right? Never in my 26 years of trudging the valleys and peaks of my great county have I ever seen a Norwich fan with a Yorkshire accent lmao.....oh dear the comedy.And 650 tickets sold! Cmon you can do better than that. We''re taking 6,700+ fans to Barnsley, although it''s a Yorkshire derby and not that far I''m sure a club with Norwich''s stature can manage more than a poultry 650.[/quote]It''s £15 for u16''s! Tuesday night, Norwich fans may even have to stay over-night Donny isn''t the nicest of places! We usually take 2,300 to Barnsley, and I''m sure we will break 1,000 tonight! As above, I have updated it we''ve sold 900 and 600 available on the door [Y] OTBC![/quote]I meant 2-3000 to Barnsley! And the Norwich fans in Yorkshire, I think they most probably mean ones that have moved their from Norwich for work, family etc.

[quote user="Resident Leeds Fan Jonny!"][quote user="shefcanary"]I rang Norwich ticket office this morning and they were quoting about 650 away tickets sold.  I rang to check that tickets were being sold on the door on the night and they confirmed this, so I''m going now and given the large number of Norwich fans based in South Yorkshire I think 1,000 is achievable.As for Ilderton, its been a long time since I''ve been so angry I''ve been close to being kicked out of a pub but watched that match on Sky, and having only had 3 pints I still stood in front of the screen and ranted at him as he left the pitch.  I said something along the lines of "You''ll never ref another Norwich match again".  Shows how little I know - less than 5 months later and he is in charge again.  I''ll give him one bad decision only before I pile in!    [/quote]Large number of Norwich fans based in South Yorkshire??? Your joking right? Never in my 26 years of trudging the valleys and peaks of my great county have I ever seen a Norwich fan with a Yorkshire accent lmao.....oh dear the comedy.And 650 tickets sold! Cmon you can do better than that. We''re taking 6,700+ fans to Barnsley, although it''s a Yorkshire derby and not that far I''m sure a club with Norwich''s stature can manage more than a poultry 650.[/quote/]Even the daftest Norwich fans would admit that Leeds have more fans than us and are always likely to take more fans away but it''s also fair to say that any Norwich fans travelling from Norfolk will have to endure a hideous 3 hour journey to get to Donny and considering all this anything around a thousand is not a bad turnout. If it had been on a Saturday I have no doubt we would have sold our full allocation.

Good grief! is that all we''ve sold? Well, me & our lad will have to move about a bit, to make us look like a bigger following. Just about to set off now. I know it''s an early departure, but our youngest, who''s at uni, lives fairly local, so we''re going to make a day of it. I can''t say that I''m really looking forward to the game, having been to Donny a couple of times before, just as a casual visitor, but who knows, it may have the makings of a decent game. They are not too far behind us in the table, but it''s early days. It''ll give the missus a chance to tidy his room, & I have no doubt that he''ll give me a swearing lesson at the game. I can see us scraping a narrow victory tonight, but it''ll be close.Typical weather for a ''northern'' game, so I''ll have to remember my flat cap & whippet! Anyway, it''s back to packing the car with more items for the student survival delivery! OTBC!!!

[quote user="Resident Leeds Fan Jonny"]
Large number of Norwich fans based in South Yorkshire??? Your joking right? Never in my 26 years of trudging the valleys and peaks of my great county have I ever seen a Norwich fan with a Yorkshire accent lmao.....oh dear the comedy.

[/quote]

Always lots of City fans getting on at Sheffield station when I head up north for away games.

I''ve actually seen more City fans in Nottingham than I have Leeds.