Sign in to follow this  
Yella Fella

QPR AWAY

Hi all

I need some help with deciding the best way to get to the game.

I am going with My brother and my nephew and canary travel seems a bit of an expensive way to go as it will cost £60 for the three of us to travel, we are debating either the train or driving.

Could somebody please tell me how easy it is to travel to the ground by car and whether there is ample parking for away fans.

Also the best train travel method and cost i should expect to pay?

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

I think there was a thread on this a while ago with some good info in, mainly from the Capital Canaries, try a search for it, can''t remember what it was called though.I think if you''re in the know about the best way to do it, the train works out pretty cheap.

Don''t go by car, seriously-West London, thats a no-no, parking at a Premium.

QPR''s ground-nearest tube is White City. Then its a 10-15 min walk, but straight up the road from the tube, past a school etc, the ground nestles in with all the houses and businesses etc near and around it.

Always enjoyed trips to Loftus Road, can get a nice little atmosphere there as well.

Just found this on another thread :-You can get to QPR on the tube direct from Liverpool St. on both the

Central line to Sheperds Bush, or as you say on the Ham. & City to

Shep.Bush Market. Its cheaper and easier to get a Zone 1/2

travelcard for the day which will cover that journey.(You can buy this

at the same time as you buy the train ticket)>

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Don''t go by car, seriously-West London, thats a no-no, parking at a Premium. QPR''s ground-nearest tube is White City. Then its a 10-15 min walk, but straight up the road from the tube, past a school etc, the ground nestles in with all the houses and businesses etc near and around it. Always enjoyed trips to Loftus Road, can get a nice little atmosphere there as well.[/quote]

The White City Westfield has a massive 4,500 space car park and is only £6 for up to 4 hours of parking, or £10 for up to 7 hours so split between 3 it isn''t too expensive. Just driving to that part of West London is an absolute chore.

Just checked the train price for you, best prices now for 16th Oct are £14 Norwich - London and £8 London - Norwich. White City is in zone 2, so add £5.60 for you tube travel.

Always best to book early to get the best prices!

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Don''t go by car, seriously-West London, thats a no-no, parking at a Premium. QPR''s ground-nearest tube is White City. Then its a 10-15 min walk, but straight up the road from the tube, past a school etc, the ground nestles in with all the houses and businesses etc near and around it. Always enjoyed trips to Loftus Road, can get a nice little atmosphere there as well.[/quote]

The White City Westfield has a massive 4,500 space car park and is only £6 for up to 4 hours of parking, or £10 for up to 7 hours so split between 3 it isn''t too expensive. Just driving to that part of West London is an absolute chore.

[/quote]

Yes, sorry-should have clarified-parking is possible, but getting there more of a challenge!

[quote user="Old Shuck"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

Yes, sorry-should have clarified-parking is possible, but getting there more of a challenge!

[/quote]

Tell me about it, spent about 2 hours sitting in traffic around Wembley yesterday.

Booked our trains last week and they were the same as advised above.

Book early as soon as the match tickets go on sale the price will rocket.

Also if you are a regular in London get an Oyster card it saves you £££s in the long run.

barclayendstand wrote the following post at 14/09/2010 12:29 PM:

Just checked the train price for you, best prices now for 16th Oct are

£14 Norwich - London and £8 London - Norwich. White City is in zone 2,

so add £5.60 for you tube travel.

Always best to book early to get the best prices!Good research So around £80 on the train against Fuel for a round trip of 225 miles plus £20 parking/tube (I used to drive down the M11 to Redbridge, park in a side street and tube it into the match).Downside of a car is that the driver can''t drink on the journey and there''s always the risk of traffic jams/holdups. Plus side is it''s maybe easier to set off from home than get to station and usually cheaper for three of you.Train is usually quicker and more certain. You can drink, toilets are always available (best used when stopped at ipswich).So it''s reliablilty against cost.

I live in Ealing, so travel between Norwich and West London regularly - I''d definitely recommend getting the train to Liv St, then Central Line to White City. Least hassle all round, plus as mentioned no parking issues and you can have a drink.If you did Brentford last year, it''s mostly the same journey as that.

If there are 3 or 4 of you travelling together, or if in a bigger group with kids too, look into buying a GroupSave ticket.  3 or 4 travel for the price of 2, plus it''s only £1 return for kids.  Often cheaper once the £8 singles have sold out.Using GroupSave tickets the Capital Canaries are offering return travel to Bristol from London for just £20 each, a real bargain!

[quote user="City1st"]

barclayendstand wrote the following post at 14/09/2010 12:29 PM:

So around £80 on the train against
[/quote]...or just catch the bus as you mentioned in your post, as that is £60.