Sign in to follow this  
Cj

Biased much?

http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10309~2147239,00.html

http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10309~2147240,00.html

I Know i''m probably just saying this and being biased myself as a norwich fan, but i dont think we take it this far on  our website..

Their reporter and even former canary Mark Robins seemed to be putting the blame on referee and saying they were hard done by when shackell was ordered off the pitch,claiming the game was controversial and that they deserved the win. It just annnoys me for some reason how they blame our players for cynicall dirty challenges yet doesnt seem to say anything about their time-wasting, and how rubbish they actually where.

Rant over

I shouldn''t over exite yourself too much. This is the same reporter (Rob Knowles, editor Barnsley.co.uk) reporting on their 4-0 hammering by QPR -"REFEREE James Linington made all the headlines for the wrong reasons at

Loftus Road as he handed Queens Park Rangers two soft, soft penalties

while denying the Reds a blatant spot kick early in the second half with

the game on a knife edge and the home side leading 1-0"
Unsurprisingly - " Robins believed the scoreline was not a fair reflection on the 90 minutes"

whinging northern monkeys

Look at it this way.  They only people they are kidding are themselves.  There''s no way they are going to improve if they seriously believe that they were the better side and were actually in control of large parts of the game.However, I think there is a little give away in Robins'' interview, where he talks of bringing in new players - why say that if you really believe that you''ve just come to Carrow road and been, by far, the better side.Their fans that turned up will know what really happened - this is just cheap journolism aimed at swelling the next home gate, when they''ll be well and truly rumbled.

To be honest there were parts of the game (latter part of the 1st half and the early stages of the 2nd half) where Barnsley had more of the play in midfieild but they were so toothless up front they couldn''t make use of the pocession they were enjoying.

They were right about the ref he was poor but for both sides!

Funny how that don''t mention Hammill almost chopping Korey in two during the second half, and fail to mention the foul on Chris Martin for their first.

Having got in front against the run of play they decided to try to kill the game off in teh most cynical manner, by taking every opportunity to roll around as if shot and asking for extended treatment. By the time of Shackell''s theatrical collapse even the ref had seen through it and, regardless of whether the ball was out of play or not, he was correct in insisting that Shackell left the pitch.

If Robins wants to get his knickers in a twist he would be better asking himself why he has such an unfit centre back and why, when his side had us on the rack at the start of the second half, they chose not to push for the killer blow.

He needs to read the match stats, 56% possesion for us with 13 shots to their 4 and 2 corners to their 1. We were pretty average for much of the time but were still much better than them, I''m very relieved that we didn''t get Robins in as manager if that''s the kind of shite they serve up every week.

The first link is an incredibly poor piece, littered with spelling mistakes and inaccuracies, along with a string of blatant lies. I have never read such a blatantly biased and inaccurate match report and that''s coming from somebody who often reads reports from the BBC! Shocking stuff.

I just loved the way they hurried up after we got our 2nd, fetching the ball for us etc after their attempts at time wasting for the entire 2nd half.

Laughable really. Typical Yorkshire though blaming others rather than acknowledging they were not good enough & the better side won. Hope they struggle now...

Possession

• Norwich 56%
  • Barnsley 44%
Attempts on target

• Norwich 9
  • Barnsley 3 
Attempts off target

• Norwich 4
  • Barnsley 1 
Corners

• Norwich 2
  • Barnsley 1 
Fouls

• Norwich 15
  • Barnsley 15

Lies, damned lies, and statistics..........?

wearing a flat cap

• Norwich 0%
  • Barnsley 74%
smelling of stale chip fat

• Norwich 0
  • Barnsley 308
owning a whippet

• Norwich 0
  • Barnsley 194
keeping coal in the bath

• Norwich 1(err,me)
  • Barnsley 237

Whilst we didn''t play great we were by far the better team.  In the majority of the fast half we were controlling it and making a few chances without getting out of second gear.  They then had a ten minute spell towards the end of the first half in which they dominated possesion but made no real chances and the only way they were going to score was from a set piece.  Second half was not good to watch.  They obviously came here with a game plan to stop our fluent passing game and the only way they could do this was by wasting time and rolling around on the floor.  However we soon got our act together and deservably won the game.

Like someone else said they failed to mention chopping Korey in two.  They made it sound like we were animals!  Deluded match report.  If they play like that each week then they are only going one way which is down compared to us as we are going on a roll!

This explanation of how a Birmingham team were unlucky to lose 4-0 takes some beating:Blues U18s unbeaten start to the season came to an abrupt end at the weekend as they were beaten 4-0 away at Norwich City. Terry Westley''s side went into the game without first choice goalkeeper Jack Butland, who was ruled out because of injury. The England under-19 stopper is expected to be unavailable for some time because of a wrist problem.

Blues dominated the majority of the first half, but it was Norwich

who took the lead just minutes before half time against the run of play. Westley''s side had an ideal opportunity to get back into the match

just after the restart, but defender Alpa Ozturk headed just wide of the

post from two yards out.

Blues were swiftly made to pay for their miss, as the Canaries doubled their advantage minutes later. With Blues looking to get back into the game they suffered a further

blow just after the hour mark as they conceded a third goal courtesy of a

brilliant 30 yard strike. Their misery was further compounded in the final minute of the game when they conceded for the fourth time.

Academy manager Terry Westley was understandably disappointed to see his side lose by such a heavy scoreline."Overall we were massively disappointed with scoreline and the second half performance," said Westley.

"It was always going to be a hard game against Norwich because they

had beaten Tottenham 4-1 away in their previous game and they were

also using three overage players.

"We were also at a disadvantage because Jack Butland being out injured with a wrist injury But having said that for the first 40 minutes or so we were very good.

"We outplayed Norwich and out passed them and created more opportunities. But then they launched a hopeful ball down the middle which was has

flicked on and their striker has got in behind and lobbed our goalkeeper

to score.

"Just after half time we had a great chance to equalise from a

corner, but Alpa (Ozturk) has missed a helluva of chance from two yards

out when he''s headed the ball the wrong side of the post , which would

have made it 1-1.

"Akwasi Asante had another good chance for us, before Norwich scored again following a corner. At that point we were two down and chasing it and some of our players were feeling sorry for themselves.

"We started taking too many risks, pushing too many people up and we

lost our discipline and our team shape and their lad has hit a great

shot from about 30 yards into the top corner. They then scored again in the 90th minute.

"I think it was one of those games where the travelling affected their mental state rather than their physical state.

"They''d arrived at 7.30am and then travelled for three and a half

hours  but these are the sort of things the young players need to learn

to cope with and not use as negativity before the game has even

started."