Sign in to follow this  
Ricko

Away goals

I know this will put the mockers on tonight''s performance but has anyone else noticed that we''ve scored in every one of our last 32 away games (league and cups) - last four games of 2008-9, all of last season, both games this. I can''t remember City ever having a run like this, especially in the last few seasons where, with the exception of last year, our away form has been abysmal - at least we can now travel with the genuine expectation of scoring even if we lose!

I think it can really only be called a league run, as there was an away game (Swindon in JPT off the top of my head) that finished 0-0 and we won on penalties. But still, a great run and long may it continue - the away form thing was something that held us back for far too long

[quote user="Ricko"]I know this will put the mockers on tonight''s performance but has anyone else noticed that we''ve scored in every one of our last 32 away games (league and cups) - last four games of 2008-9, all of last season, both games this. I can''t remember City ever having a run like this, especially in the last few seasons where, with the exception of last year, our away form has been abysmal - at least we can now travel with the genuine expectation of scoring even if we lose!
[/quote]Yeah, someone mentioned this a week or two back. Pretty impressive, eh?

However, I make it 3 away games this year - Scunny, Forest n Blackburn.

[quote user="s10_yellow"]I think it can really only be called a league run, as there was an away game (Swindon in JPT off the top of my head) that finished 0-0 and we won on penalties. But still, a great run and long may it continue - the away form thing was something that held us back for far too long[/quote]Ahh yes. [Y]

Just league then, me thinks.

For some totally obscure reason the JPT completely passed me by! I was forgetting about Blackburn so 29 league games then + 4 real cup competitions!

[quote user="Standard"]Blackpool away was the last competetive game we failed to score in right? What a dire day that was![/quote]

Away from home yes with the exception of Swindon. I seem to remember Walsall, Southampton and Carlisle keeping us out at Carrow Road.

Blackpool away was absolutely dire Standard, you are quite right! And it was Mrs Funster''s first Norwich match. In that rubbish temp stand, wind and cold and rain driving into our faces from the sea. She complained that even her teeth were cold. We were dreadful that day - we could have played all year and not scored.

It was awful, the season before was better even if only 300 made it, we won 3-1 in the bitter cold and Dion absolutley nailed their keeper but got away with a yellow

[quote user="aitch"]http://canaryseventyninety.blogspot.com/2010/09/current-canaries-love-playing-away.html[/quote]I came here to post this exact link!