Sign in to follow this  
Bill

The 'Barclay' sponsorship

Depends on what the stand ended up being called, I still call the Jarrold the South, but I know most call it the Jarrold now. I think I''d always call it the Barclay but as time goes on you could see fans picking up a new name

I am surprised that it remains as Barclays bank is rhyming slank for ***k

Does that make all in the barclay crowd  ***kers[:D]

Should be changed to the Overdraft stand to match the hot air generated.

They will always be :-The BarclayThe City standThe South standThe River end.Snake pit are just Barclay wannabees.*waits

That of course is the answer!

Get Barclays Bank to sponsor the Barclay. Don''t tell them that it''s already called The Barclay.

Money for nothin'' [H]

The BarclayThe City standThe South standThe River end.modernist !it''s the main stand

God i hope not, its bad enough having to call them the Jarrold stand and the N&P stand.

Perhaps we could do away with Carrow Road and become the Aviva Stadium at the same time lol

"its bad enough having to call them the Jarrold stand and the N&P stand" having to ?who says you have to ?

[quote user="City1st"]The BarclayThe City standThe South standThe River end.modernist !it''s the main stand[/quote][IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/n83855235548_4708.jpg[/IMG]

"I have only being going since the early 90''s"not for you then the delights of the old Barclay terracing

[quote user="City1st"]"I have only being going since the early 90''s"not for you then the delights of the old Barclay terracing

[/quote]Nope, my first game was after the stand was redone. Didn''t support football at all until someone brought me a long to a City game, haven''t looked back since.[:)]

[quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]MORTY -

we are not barclay wannabees actually :)[/quote]

Hehehe, knew someone would comment.[;)]

Incidently why is it called the barclay and not railway end?

1. Railway end

2. City Stand

3. Factory stand

4. Riverend

"Incidently why is it called the barclay and not railway end?"Before someone lent the club money to put a roof on it, it was just a terrace with a steep bank the other side. Barclays bank used to have a well known branch on top of a hill in Acle and it appears that any fans standing on top of the terrace were known as ''barclays'' - the name later came to refer to the whole stand.Another little known fact was that many youngsters used to earn enough money to get into the game by operating as shoe polishers outside the ground - they were affectionally known as the Barclay boot boys.

[quote user="City1st"]"Incidently why is it called the barclay and not railway end?"Before someone lent the club money to put a roof on it, it was just a terrace with a steep bank the other side. Barclays bank used to have a well known branch on top of a hill in Acle and it appears that any fans standing on top of the terrace were known as ''barclays'' - the name later came to refer to the whole stand.Another little known fact was that many youngsters used to earn enough money to get into the game by operating as shoe polishers outside the ground - they were affectionally known as the Barclay boot boys.

[/quote]Wrong, the Station End was renamed the

Barclay End in honour of Captain Evelyn Barclay, a vice-president of

the club who donated the roof costs.