Sign in to follow this  
Superflash

Stop whining about Lambert

Please. Every time we lose a game, people come on here and talk about how poor his tactics were, or question whether he''s good enough for this level etc. It''s the absolute highest form of stupidity. I''ve already posted the below in another thread but it mainly applies for this.It''s time like this when I loathe and detest this message board.It''s

ONE GAME. We lost to the better side on the night. Get over it and stop

blaming Lambert every time we don''t win a match. It''s absolutely

pathetic, because for the next win you''ll just be singing his praises

again. I honestly thought we were more intelligent fans than this, at

least most of us. Don''t make such idiotic comments after each game in

the heat of the moment. Sorry folks, I just found it absolutely

rubbish. The same thing happened after the Watford game. We need to

remember where we were just over twelve months ago and what he''s done in

that time. Show the man some respect, you wretched cretin.

Ooh! I forgot, we''re from Norfolk. Lets roll over and take it.

I for one am fuming at this result because it didn''t have to happen.

Lappin, who should have played, was right when he said he''d take a scrappy 1 - 0. Did he speak out of turn or something?

Super post Superflash, I could not agree more, I''m gutted like the next fan but for gawd sake it''s like Canary tourettes on here, I see one starting at least three threads in anger the poor sod, the club and everyone connected with it are in a far better place right now, apart from the debt issue we are heading in the right direction and I for one see the future as bright.......bright yellow in fact, damn those bugs.

What on earth is this messageboard for if it''s not to discuss the team and tactics before or after a game?

I totally agree that it is foolish to overreact, but if someone thinks that Lambert picked the wrong team, why shouldn''t we discuss it?

The fact that my criticism of Lambert follows a defeat is irrelevent, the starting tactics last night were poor as was the selection, I said it at the time, I''m sorry I wasn''t at home and able to post it on here and as such had to wait until after the game. This is also the first time that I have had a go at anything Lambert has done, last night he got it wrong on a number of things, it''s not the end of the world but like the good decisions should be pointed out - he''s not perfect

To even this up a little I would also say that posters going overboard after we win a game are equally as annoying, so many people predicting an easy win against Doncaster when it was clear to that it would be a tough game against a decent side. For me Lambert is the best manager I have seen a CR for a good while, he will make mistakes, but he is the sort of manager to learn from them. The fact of the matter is that 6 games in is far to early to judge our chances, we will have a far better idea after 20 games or so ....

[quote user="Superflash"]Please. Every time we lose a game, people come on here and talk about how poor his tactics were, or question whether he''s good enough for this level etc. It''s the absolute highest form of stupidity. I''ve already posted the below in another thread but it mainly applies for this.It''s time like this when I loathe and detest this message board.It''s

ONE GAME. We lost to the better side on the night. Get over it and stop

blaming Lambert every time we don''t win a match. It''s absolutely

pathetic, because for the next win you''ll just be singing his praises

again. I honestly thought we were more intelligent fans than this, at

least most of us. Don''t make such idiotic comments after each game in

the heat of the moment. Sorry folks, I just found it absolutely

rubbish. The same thing happened after the Watford game. We need to

remember where we were just over twelve months ago and what he''s done in

that time. Show the man some respect, you wretched cretin.

[/quote]Well, you get all sorts of stuff on a messageboard, but what I''ve seen has mostly been rational criticism of Lambert''s team selection and tactics, and particularly the midfield balance.Last season we mainly played three ballwinners in midfield and a ballplayer. This season, in our three wins and our draw, we''ve either played last season''s mix, or played two ballwinners, a ballplayer and someone (Surman) who is a bit of both but veering towards being a ballplayer. In other words, a solid midfield.In the two defeats Lambert starrted with a more attacking line-up. Against Watford it was one ballwinner and three ballplayers. Against Doncaster it was two ballwinners, a ballplayer and an out and out winger. In both games we conceded three goals. That doesn''t look like a coincidence.In the wake of the Watford defeat Lambert effectively admitted he''d got it wrong by swtitching back to a more balanced (ie defensive) midfield for the next game. We shall see, of course, but the likelihood is he won''t choose the same midfield to start the Preston game.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Superflash"]Please. Every time we lose a game, people come on here and talk about how poor his tactics were, or question whether he''s good enough for this level etc. It''s the absolute highest form of stupidity. I''ve already posted the below in another thread but it mainly applies for this.

It''s time like this when I loathe and detest this message board.

It''s ONE GAME. We lost to the better side on the night. Get over it and stop blaming Lambert every time we don''t win a match. It''s absolutely pathetic, because for the next win you''ll just be singing his praises again. I honestly thought we were more intelligent fans than this, at least most of us. Don''t make such idiotic comments after each game in the heat of the moment.

Sorry folks, I just found it absolutely rubbish. The same thing happened after the Watford game. We need to remember where we were just over twelve months ago and what he''s done in that time. Show the man some respect, you wretched cretin.

[/quote]

Well, you get all sorts of stuff on a messageboard, but what I''ve seen has mostly been rational criticism of Lambert''s team selection and tactics, and particularly the midfield balance.

Last season we mainly played three ballwinners in midfield and a ballplayer. This season, in our three wins and our draw, we''ve either played last season''s mix, or played two ballwinners, a ballplayer and someone (Surman) who is a bit of both but veering towards being a ballplayer. In other words, a solid midfield.

In the two defeats Lambert starrted with a more attacking line-up. Against Watford it was one ballwinner and three ballplayers. Against Doncaster it was two ballwinners, a ballplayer and an out and out winger. In both games we conceded three goals. That doesn''t look like a coincidence.

In the wake of the Watford defeat Lambert effectively admitted he''d got it wrong by swtitching back to a more balanced (ie defensive) midfield for the next game. We shall see, of course, but the likelihood is he won''t choose the same midfield to start the Preston game.

[/quote]

I like your analysis must better than the rant that started this post.Why would anyone want twenty games to make a judgement as by that time it is too late to sort things out for this season. If QPR can get things right so can we...so come on Lambert we, the supporters, do not need 3-1 defeats to find out how good, or bad, you are. We need to have zero tolerance.

[quote user="Bobert"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Superflash"]Please. Every time we lose a game, people come on here and talk about how poor his tactics were, or question whether he''s good enough for this level etc. It''s the absolute highest form of stupidity. I''ve already posted the below in another thread but it mainly applies for this.It''s time like this when I loathe and detest this message board.It''s ONE GAME. We lost to the better side on the night. Get over it and stop blaming Lambert every time we don''t win a match. It''s absolutely pathetic, because for the next win you''ll just be singing his praises again. I honestly thought we were more intelligent fans than this, at least most of us. Don''t make such idiotic comments after each game in the heat of the moment. Sorry folks, I just found it absolutely rubbish. The same thing happened after the Watford game. We need to remember where we were just over twelve months ago and what he''s done in that time. Show the man some respect, you wretched cretin.

[/quote]Well, you get all sorts of stuff on a messageboard, but what I''ve seen has mostly been rational criticism of Lambert''s team selection and tactics, and particularly the midfield balance.Last season we mainly played three ballwinners in midfield and a ballplayer. This season, in our three wins and our draw, we''ve either played last season''s mix, or played two ballwinners, a ballplayer and someone (Surman) who is a bit of both but veering towards being a ballplayer. In other words, a solid midfield.In the two defeats Lambert starrted with a more attacking line-up. Against Watford it was one ballwinner and three ballplayers. Against Doncaster it was two ballwinners, a ballplayer and an out and out winger. In both games we conceded three goals. That doesn''t look like a coincidence.In the wake of the Watford defeat Lambert effectively admitted he''d got it wrong by swtitching back to a more balanced (ie defensive) midfield for the next game. We shall see, of course, but the likelihood is he won''t choose the same midfield to start the Preston game.[/quote]

I like your analysis must better than the rant that started this post.Why would anyone want twenty games to make a judgement as by that time it is too late to sort things out for this season. If QPR can get things right so can we...so come on Lambert we, the supporters, do not need 3-1 defeats to find out how good, or bad, you are. We need to have zero tolerance.

[/quote]Bobert, QPR are - predicatably - doing well because they decided Briatore knew more about F1 than he did about football! As soon as he stopped trying to be the manager (and they appointed Warnock, who knows what he''s doing) it was always likely they would be a tough proposition.As to Lambert, so far he has got more things right than he has got wrong. But it''s absurd to regard him as above reasoned criticism.Another factor, which I didn''t mention, may well be Holt''s poor form so far. If your target man isn''t holding the ball up, and the opposition are getting it back, then you probably need a stronger (ie, more ball-winning) midfield than if he''s keeping possession and bringing others into play. I wouldn''t be surprised to see Lambert look for a loan deal for a Holt playalike.

He''ll learn from it - but don''t expect a few more lessons along the way.  PNE will be another test of his motivational skills as will team selection.  Will Holt / Hughes / Macnamee start.  Whatever we''ll give it our best shot and like last night Lambo will try and change it - mid-way through the first half, at half-time and later with substitution.  Even if that doesn''t get the desired results another lesson learnt.