Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Player Ratings??

Ruddy 6 - A couple of good saves but also an error which cost us the 2nd goal.Drury 5 - Below his usually consistent self, was backing off the wingers and sliced the ball out a lot.Barnett 6 - Had a decent game but got in a mix up with Ward for the free-kick leading to the 2nd goal and got himself out of jail after giving the ball away early on.Ward 5 - I know people rave about him, but I''m yet to see him play well, really poor distribution and tries a little chip over to Holt which never works. Slightly better 2nd half.R. Martin 7 - Did enough, wasn''t bad and scored a goal, albeit a tap in.MacNamee 6 - Didn''t do much, definitely a super sub. However, in the First half he looked our only really threat. A couple of good balls, a couple of poor ones.Korey Smith 6 - A lot of engine but didn''t put many tackles in and a lot of sideways passing.Hoolahan 7 - Still took to long on the ball, but tracked back very well and a couple of nice through balls in attempt to get our play going.Crofts 6 - Didn''t do anything wrong, and kindly responded to our chant of ''Get into ''em'' with a couple of crunching tackles. Not much in the way of attacking play though.Martin - 8 MOTM - Still not a great performance but was the best of a bad bunch. A great effort in the first half, didn''t quite curl enough. Unfortunately spent to much time running the channels as if he had stayed in the middle Hooly could have fed him through. Still, good work rate and commitment.Holt 5 - A shadow of the player last year. Passes astray, wouldn''t close anyone down after the first 20 minutes, surely not fully fit? Don''t think he had one shot on goal. Come on Holty, we need you. Also, couldn''t be bothered to even applaud the fans when leaving the pitch.Subs:Jackson 6 - Had decent pace and certainly wanted to make something happen but the 5 man Donny midfield and strong defense didn''t give him much of a chance.Hughes - Not enough time.Oli- Ditto.Ref 4 - Not as bad as Tranmere but still awful. Wouldn''t give us many odd decisions and many went in the way of Donny. They probably felt the same way.Fans 9 - Certainly the back few rows barely stopped singing. After the scored they were singing ''Ohwoaah, Ohwoaaah Ohwoaaah,Ohwoaah, Ohwoaaah Ohwoaaah,Ohwoaah Ohwoaaah Ohwoaaah, Ohwooaaaaaaaa ROVERS!'' And we copied replacing ''Rovers'' with ''City'' 10x louder.OTBC!

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]Thanks EC nice to see Hoolahan played well (IYO) but disagree with your comment about yet to see Ward playing well.[/quote]How can you disagree with that? I said I am yet to see him play well, I''ve seen Everton, Watford & Donny! Fair enough?

Ruddy - 7 Spilled for the second goal but kept us in the game

Drury - 5 Played better in the second half but was left exposed and caught in no mans too often

Ward 6 - Wasteful but solid enough

Barnett - 5 At fault for the second goal and dithered to often, did make one exceptional tackle but he wouldn''t have had to make it had he not been stood appealing offside

Martin - 6 Pleased he was in the position to score, went forward more, but wasn''t solid enough at the back

Crofts 8 MOM - He was doing the work of 2 players for me, chasing around here there and everywhere, he was left exposed but always chased.

Smith - 6 looked shattered from the start, kept tryng but just couldn''t get into the game as much as we''d have liked.

Hooly - 7 took Roverw'' midfield apart but without Laps or Surman in support to deliver a quality ball it was largely wasted

Mac 6 - Looked ok didn''t take on the full back enough for me, waited for Drury or Martin in support

Martin 7 - Looked passionate and commited,

Holt 4 (bold i know) - He looks unfit, which he probably is given his preseason, but he was static for large parts of the game, Donny defenders didn''t control a number of times and a fully fit Holt would have nicked the ball off them. He was also more bothered about arguing with a defender following a nothing tackle than getting into the bos with Wes on the ball. Also tossing the armband on the floor and tramping off when he was subbed wasn''t great though that was possibly frustration with his performance or being subbed.

Hughes - Not enough time but could be the answer with Surman out, he is suited more to the Championship than League 1

Jackson - Ran about a lot and showed some good touches, he looks like he could be getting his match fitness together