Sign in to follow this  
|BA

How can so many people

Norwich fans are and always have been ridiculously reserved. Considering there is 25, 000 fans at carrow road every week the atmosphere is embarrasing. Thank god for the few hundred in the barclay and snake pit who actually get behind the team. Main reason i gave up my season ticket is the match day experience at carrow road is not what football is about. Unless of course you''re a pensioner with a blanket keeping your lap warm in the city stand, or a family enjoying a picnic in the jarrold.

[quote user="fearofambition"]Norwich fans are and always have been ridiculously reserved. Considering there is 25, 000 fans at carrow road every week the atmosphere is embarrasing. Thank god for the few hundred in the barclay and snake pit who actually get behind the team. Main reason i gave up my season ticket is the match day experience at carrow road is not what football is about. Unless of course you''re a pensioner with a blanket keeping your lap warm in the city stand, or a family enjoying a picnic in the jarrold.[/quote]

I know FOA, but what can you do? Its the old argument-people pay their money and can make their choice as to whether to get involved, sing, chant, the whole package...or not.

I can''t sit still or keep quiet at most football matches, let alone Norwich ones-its infectious, its the collective that you have with other fans, and, when it gets going, its brilliant-however, Norwich have, I would guess, a higher percentage than most of the type of "anti-fan" that you mention, and I''d rather they were there, ticket paid for and seat occupied, blankets and picnics included, than they were empty.

You shouldn''t let it have put you off going though. Come back!

It''s so quiet because only one out of the four stands makes any noise!

You have to accept that most City fans are dozy, sleepy, conservative and highly reserved (compared to the typical British football supporter). We are not a club which draws its supporters from gritty working class areas in the northern cities or London they come from sedate Norfolk villages or the charming city of Norwich! 

Norwich is a family/community club in a quiet part of the world. Attendances are always high because most fans drift in on match day as part of the same routine they have been stuck to for most of their lives. Even if the club folded and disappeared a few thousand would still probably turn up at a derelict Carrow Road and linger around outside for a few hours every Saturday afternoon. 

It will never change so you either have to accept it and understand it or drive yourself insane!   

...also, don''t over estimate how noisy other clubs'' supporters are. Switching between microphones can distort the real atmosphere of matches on TV and the belief that Anfield (for example) is rocking for 90 minutes is nothing but a myth. 

Sat in the lower Barclay for the first time in a long while today and couldn''t believe how quiet it was. Also in the prem season anfield was very loud when we played there.

[quote user="fearofambition"]Norwich fans are and always have been ridiculously reserved. Considering there is 25, 000 fans at carrow road every week the atmosphere is embarrasing. Thank god for the few hundred in the barclay and snake pit who actually get behind the team. Main reason i gave up my season ticket is the match day experience at carrow road is not what football is about. Unless of course you''re a pensioner with a blanket keeping your lap warm in the city stand, or a family enjoying a picnic in the jarrold.[/quote]any where were they today? the only time they made any noise was after we got the own goal....before this all you could hear was the small but loud barnsley fans............and as for the bit about getting behind the team, nah actually i cant be bothered

[quote user="fearofambition"]Norwich fans are and always have been ridiculously reserved. Considering there is 25, 000 fans at carrow road every week the atmosphere is embarrasing. Thank god for the few hundred in the barclay and snake pit who actually get behind the team. Main reason i gave up my season ticket is the match day experience at carrow road is not what football is about. Unless of course you''re a pensioner with a blanket keeping your lap warm in the city stand, or a family enjoying a picnic in the jarrold.[/quote]

So you are saying we have bad fans, and yet you gave up being a fan, some fan you are/were hey? Would you rather we got 6000 crowds like Scunny? People always have something to moan about, if we are doing well on the pitch, something off the pitch needs moaning about it doesnt it? I get really annoyed when people moan about our crowds, we have some of the biggest attendances in the country ffs!

Our fans are no more reserved or quiet than those of most other clubs.

It''s the same everywhere you go, If the team is playing well then the place is rocking but if the performance is poor then sound levels tend to go down

When people talk about there own fans like this it quite annoys me.  People in the Barclay and Snake Pit think they are absolutely great fans because they make the most amount of noise (you don''t even make that much noise and most of the time you can''t really be heard at the other end of the ground).  But most of those fans are nothing compared to some of the old people they all laugh at, who sit in the river end or the main stand, who have been going for a lot more years than them and have been to a lot more games.

Just because someone likes to sign their heart out and another person dosn''t want to, dosn''t make them a far superior fan.

[quote user="Boyo"]

When people talk about there own fans like this it quite annoys me.  People in the Barclay and Snake Pit think they are absolutely great fans because they make the most amount of noise (you don''t even make that much noise and most of the time you can''t really be heard at the other end of the ground).  But most of those fans are nothing compared to some of the old people they all laugh at, who sit in the river end or the main stand, who have been going for a lot more years than them and have been to a lot more games.

Just because someone likes to sign their heart out and another person dosn''t want to, dosn''t make them a far superior fan.

[/quote]Excellent post.

If you think its quiet now....wait till they increase the prices so high that ordinary fans cant afford to go and the club is the reserve of the rich..........then you will see quiet

Oh how I agree!

My son was at a Norfolk Schools County coaching session at CNS today (& again tomorrow) - they decided to run it 9.30am until 3.00pm - which was pretty poor planning when so many of the top schoolboy players are also season ticket holders at Carrow Rd!

We were therefore late getting to the ground today and walking up the stairs to the top tier Barclay we both commented how eerily quiet it was; you''d never guess there were 24,000+ people in a confined space just a matter of yards away. It really was a bit spooky!

When it''s like that, the opposition must sense they''re keeping the home fans quiet - which gives impetus to the wrong team if you''re a City fan.

We need much more noise all the way though the game. Then we can justifiably call it ''vocal support'' - which is kinda what we should be doing if we want to be described as true supporters...

Muted people are little more than spectators otherwise - perhaps they''d be happier a library!!

PS: The guy next to me brings his Blackberry each game; today he spent so much time typing he totally missed the Barnsley and first Norwich goal. Where''s the sense in paying for a season ticket when you don''t even watch, let alone support the thing you''re attending?

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Boyo"]

[/quote]Excellent post.[/quote]

Really? I''d consider a fan who sings and gets behind the team far superior to a supporter who sits mute with arms crossed for 90 mins. And i''m sure the players would agree. Unfortunately 95% of fans who attend carra rud fall into the latter category of ''supporter''

[quote user="fearofambition"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Boyo"]

[/quote]

Excellent post.

[/quote] Really? I''d consider a fan who sings and gets behind the team far superior to a supporter who sits mute with arms crossed for 90 mins. And i''m sure the players would agree. Unfortunately 95% of fans who attend carra rud fall into the latter category of ''supporter''[/quote]

You are no-way near a good fan! If you gave up your season ticket because some fans watch the game, and don''t just shouting and singing throughout, how can you make any judgements of us who go every other week? People like you really anger me, Have you ever noticed the Barclay and Snakepit are some of the cheapest seats in the ground? Therefore, people who sit in there are usually younger, and so make more noise, i think a fan who has been going for 40/50/60 + years are 1000 times a better fan than you will ever be!

This is a stupid post.

NCFC fans are no better or no worse than any others.

How many times has this subject been raised over the years.

Today at times we were quiet , at other times we were noisy, this is normal for ALL football crowds.

Read other clubs message boards and you will see the same comments.

TWTD (IPSWICH) messageboard has had many many many comments lamenting the lack of atmosphere at PR, yet I am sure that when they do well the crowd will make noise.

Read comments from virtually all clubs who visit Old Traffoed and they claim to make more noise than the home fans.

Highbury was known as the library (get it? no noise)

Spurs fans are known for being super fickle.

Its got nothing to do with Norwich or Norfolk people being different, we aint.

How many times have we been told by visiting managers/players that the Carra is an intimidating ground.

And lets not forget that one of the reasons PL gave for coming here is the fantastic atmosphere.

Now stop being so negative .

[quote user="ryan1992"][quote user="fearofambition"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Boyo"]

[/quote]Excellent post.[/quote] Really? I''d consider a fan who sings and gets behind the team far superior to a supporter who sits mute with arms crossed for 90 mins. And i''m sure the players would agree. Unfortunately 95% of fans who attend carra rud fall into the latter category of ''supporter''[/quote]

You are no-way near a good fan! If you gave up your season ticket because some fans watch the game, and don''t just shouting and singing throughout, how can you make any judgements of us who go every other week? People like you really anger me, Have you ever noticed the Barclay and Snakepit are some of the cheapest seats in the ground? Therefore, people who sit in there are usually younger, and so make more noise, i think a fan who has been going for 40/50/60 + years are 1000 times a better fan than you will ever be!

[/quote]What about Fans who have been going for 40+ years and go in the Snake Pit or the Barclay because they want to sing and shout throughout the game? Are they the elite or would you have them gagged and sat in the N&P?

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="ryan1992"][quote user="fearofambition"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Boyo"]

[/quote]

Excellent post.

[/quote] Really? I''d consider a fan who sings and gets behind the team far superior to a supporter who sits mute with arms crossed for 90 mins. And i''m sure the players would agree. Unfortunately 95% of fans who attend carra rud fall into the latter category of ''supporter''[/quote]

[/quote]

What about Fans who have been going for 40+ years and go in the Snake Pit or the Barclay because they want to sing and shout throughout the game? Are they the elite or would you have them gagged and sat in the N&P?

[/quote]

No, I''m just saying that its peoples choices if they want to shout or not. Just because people dont shout, scream and sing for 90 minutes doesnt mean they are bad fans. it doesnt matter where you sit, every single fan is equal, people saying otherwise are just immature tits!

I don''t know where you sit in the ground Ryan but I sit in the Snake Pit and there are a hell of a lot of people who go in there who are in their 40''s and 50''s who make a lot of the noise (I''m one of them), a lot of us are ex Barclay from the days of terracing who got pissed off with all the kids in the Barclay who think they are it.I do agree with you though about it''s peoples choices if they want to sing or not, you pays your money and you takes your choice, I would prefer it if there was more noise in the ground though.

So would I, but with all respect to them, I don''t know any fans in the country that would make a carnival atmosphere when you are 1 down at home to Barnsley

[quote user="dreamteam"]This is a stupid post.

NCFC fans are no better or no worse than any others.

How many times has this subject been raised over the years.

Today at times we were quiet , at other times we were noisy, this is normal for ALL football crowds.

Read other clubs message boards and you will see the same comments.

TWTD (IPSWICH) messageboard has had many many many comments lamenting the lack of atmosphere at PR, yet I am sure that when they do well the crowd will make noise.

Read comments from virtually all clubs who visit Old Traffoed and they claim to make more noise than the home fans.

Highbury was known as the library (get it? no noise)

Spurs fans are known for being super fickle.

Its got nothing to do with Norwich or Norfolk people being different, we aint.

How many times have we been told by visiting managers/players that the Carra is an intimidating ground.

And lets not forget that one of the reasons PL gave for coming here is the fantastic atmosphere.

Now stop being so negative .[/quote]Spot on!Every season this topic pops up 2 or 3 times throughout, the truth is the atmosphere at Carrow Road isn''t any worse off than the majority of other clubs in this division, at the best of times it can be electric but for the most part the noise levels leave a lot to be desired, just like everyone else. Let''s not forget that 3 or 4 seasons ago we were recorded as having the 2nd loudest raw in the division so we can''t be much worse than everyone else.