Sign in to follow this  
The Wesminator

Which end........

[quote user="The Wesminator"]Does anyone have stats for which end we have scored more goals in over the past couple of seasons.

Chatting about it yesterday and thought someone on here must know.

Ta[/quote]Got to be the Barclay, as we mostly always shoot to Barclays in 2nd half

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="The Wesminator"]Does anyone have stats for which end we have scored more goals in over the past couple of seasons.

Ta[/quote]Got to be the Barclay, as we mostly always shoot to Barclays in 2nd half[/quote]

We usually seem to shoot to the river end, second half

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="The Wesminator"]Does anyone have stats for which end we have scored more goals in over the past couple of seasons.

Ta[/quote]Got to be the Barclay, as we mostly always shoot to Barclays in 2nd half[/quote]Actually it seems like the River end to me recently.I have no stats to back this up, just seems like it.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="The Wesminator"]Does anyone have stats for which end we have scored more goals in over the past couple of seasons. Chatting about it yesterday and thought someone on here must know. Ta[/quote]
Got to be the Barclay, as we mostly always shoot to Barclays in 2nd half
[/quote]

Actually it seems like the River end to me recently.

I have no stats to back this up, just seems like it.
[/quote]Our intention has always been to kick towards the river end in the second half, however if we lose the toss (lolololol) then it''s vise versa, which has been a few times recently.

Personally, I would''ve thought we would kick towards our ''loudest fans'' in the second half, the Barclay. But for whatever reason we do not. [:)]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="morty"][quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="The Wesminator"]Does anyone have stats for which end we have scored more goals in over the past couple of seasons. Chatting about it yesterday and thought someone on here must know. Ta[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]Our intention has always been to kick towards the river end in the second half, however if we lose the toss (lolololol) then it''s vise versa, which has been a few times recently.

Personally, I would''ve thought we would kick towards our ''loudest fans'' in the second half, the Barclay. But for whatever reason we do not. [:)][/quote]

The pitch is on a slight slope towards the River End. Source: Gary Holt.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="morty"][quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="The Wesminator"]Does anyone have stats for which end we have scored more goals in over the past couple of seasons. Chatting about it yesterday and thought someone on here must know. Ta[/quote]Got to be the Barclay, as we mostly always shoot to Barclays in 2nd half[/quote]Actually it seems like the River end to me recently.I have no stats to back this up, just seems like it.[/quote]Our intention has always been to kick towards the river end in the second half, however if we lose the toss (lolololol) then it''s vise versa, which has been a few times recently. Personally, I would''ve thought we would kick towards our ''loudest fans'' in the second half, the Barclay. But for whatever reason we do not. [:)][/quote]Apparantly the pitch slopes slightly down to the River End. That is why historically we have kicked that way second half  although last season we did seem to change this on a number of occasions.

Hmmm, I guess in all the match reports it might say, but then you would have to trawl through about 50 of those.

No idea. [*-)]

"The pitch is on a slight slope towards the River End. Source: Gary Holt "only when he''s stood down there !

I always understood that we tried to avoid facing the River end in the first half to avoid the sun. Not something too well broadcast either for the obvious reasons.

[quote user="City1st"]"The pitch is on a slight slope towards the River End. Source: Gary Holt "

only when he''s stood down there !

I always understood that we tried to avoid facing the River end in the first half to avoid the sun. Not something too well broadcast either for the obvious reasons.

[/quote]

Im sure it doesnt need broadcasting, I mean I know footballers are stupid, Wayne Rooney and Ashley Cole for example!

But even a footballer can see the sun in the sky!

I prefer shooting against the Barclay in the 2nd half. But would be an interesting stat to find out for the last 10 years or so.

"But even a footballer can see the sun in the sky!"When there are no clouds, they do often move about over a 45 min period - later on in the season the winter sun can be incredibly low, hence it being better leaving it to them to work out, rather than making it known

cheers chaps,

For one, I didn''t realize the pitch had a slight slope to the River End and yes the coming at ''em out of the sun in the first half does make sence.

For me, my gut feeling is the River End, but then we do have the reputation of recent times of scoring late ones (away also of course).

Hopefully someone will come out of the woodwork soon to confirm.

Ta

[quote user="morty"][quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="The Wesminator"]Does anyone have stats for which end we have scored more goals in over the past couple of seasons. Chatting about it yesterday and thought someone on here must know. Ta[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Up until 10 years or so ago we used to shoot towards the Barclay 2nd half although nowadays its the N&P - I wasnt aware of the slope but makes sense

With regards to the sun, when youre in the Barclay end around Oct & March the sun starts setting over the top of the N&P early 2nd half - Ive seen a few keepers struggle with that.  Seem to remember Yeovils keeper last year did????

i''m prety certain that before the N&P stand was built we always tried to attack the barclay end in the first half, as the open river end was much lower so the sun was much more of a problem. it seems to me that overall football games have significantly more goals in the second half, so probably river end holds sway in the scoring charts.

You know it does not seem very long ago since I used to change ends at half time because I used to like to be behind the oposition goal. It was standing at both ends and also in the Jarrold and so I used to walk through. I was wondering when is was. I remembered that Jimmy Neigbour used to play on the wing at the time ..... poor bugger died last year of a heart attack and he was only 58 yrs old......and on checking found it could have been as long ago as 1972. Forty years ago! It does not seem real!

Any way lads I have found a flight for Monday and on that basis I will be able to claim I have travelled the most distance for the next home game (as if it mattered).

On the ball City!

Hey Houston, do you know one end of the ground from the other? - RuPhuck

Hey Ruppee, do you still wish we were in Leeds'' place like you did last season when we were 7 points ahead of 2nd place? What a tit. And yes, I am literate, so I can read the signs on the stands. D''errrrr