Sign in to follow this  
rocky marshall

Ruddy or Rudd?

So 6ish games in and taking into account performances, ability, experience etc etc, who would you have between the sticks.

From what I can glean, Ruddy has had a few ''mistakes'' while according to many, Rudd''s kicking may leave something to be desired.

Last night there was ''confusion'' between Ruddy and Barnett - have the players lost some confidence in Ruddy as he is prone to a gaff or is it simply one of those things, especially as Barnett is only new in the door?

I don''t think last night''s result has anything to do with lacking faith in him or both players on different wavelengths. It was just a goalkeeping error from Ruddy that no defender would have anticipated. Barnett was left to react to something he was nowhere close to expecting.

Overall, we have to stick with Ruddy for the time being, he has made mistakes but he has also made some match saving saves.

Ruddy - every keeper makes mistakes, he has made match winning saves and we would have lost by a lot more last night if it wasn''t for Ruddy

[quote user="rocky marshall"]So 6ish games in and taking into account performances, ability, experience etc etc, who would you have between the sticks.

From what I can glean, Ruddy has had a few ''mistakes'' while according to many, Rudd''s kicking may leave something to be desired.

Last night there was ''confusion'' between Ruddy and Barnett - have the players lost some confidence in Ruddy as he is prone to a gaff or is it simply one of those things, especially as Barnett is only new in the door?[/quote]Rudd''s kicking??Arguably one of his best attributes!!!!Ruddy is our number One end of question, Rudd will be our number one!!

[quote user="canary_girl"]Ruddy - every keeper makes mistakes, he has made match winning saves and we would have lost by a lot more last night if it wasn''t for Ruddy[/quote]

I take it you didnt apply this logic to Theo!!

Rudd for me everytime he is the quality, already represented his country is more agile and isnt carrying 6 stone more than he needs to. Ruddy is almost as lardy as hartson was when he played for us. Watching him dive down low to either corner is painful

[quote user="rocky marshall"][quote user="canary_girl"]Ruddy - every keeper makes mistakes, he has made match winning saves and we would have lost by a lot more last night if it wasn''t for Ruddy[/quote] I take it you didnt apply this logic to Theo!![/quote]

When have you ever seen me comment on Theo on this board?

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="rocky marshall"]So 6ish games in and taking into account performances, ability, experience etc etc, who would you have between the sticks.

Last night there was ''confusion'' between Ruddy and Barnett - have the players lost some confidence in Ruddy as he is prone to a gaff or is it simply one of those things, especially as Barnett is only new in the door?[/quote]Rudd''s kicking??Arguably one of his best attributes!!!!Ruddy is our number One end of question, Rudd will be our number one!![/quote]

agreed. I''ve only seen Rudd play twice but I thought his kicking (gills away last season) was almost Baresi-esque.

On main subject...stick with Ruddy...i remember a certain FF not being so sharp/dropping the odd "oh dear?" when he started with us.

For me it has to be Rudd as he has done nothing wrong and is clearly more used to big important games than most goalies of his age.

I can see why Lambert was concerned and felt he should get an experienced (Scottish league mind) keeper in, but for me Rudd should be learning on the job.

There is a danger that we will lose the best of him by going for a perceived safe option.

Yes Ruddy has made mistakes and far too many to be honest, and yes he has made some good saves, but I''m not sure we''re seeing improvement so is he as good as he will get? Rudd on the other hand is getting visibly better each time we see him play.