Sign in to follow this  
scotty is here LOL

How the Hell is korey not pick for U21's?

I know there''s some gd players in the U21''s but it''s beyond joke that Korey hasn''t been called up yet he was a Huge player for us last season and the games he missed we were not as gd i don''t think we even lost many games when he was playing and if u look at the games we have lost this season he didn''t play ?

And he was immense on saturday what a talent

I second that Scotty, He was awesome Saturday, not only his work rate up and down the pitch but his control in tight situations was stunning!

We all know how good Wes is on the ball, twisting and turning players, but Korey is growing in stature week on week! Not sure if he is learning from Wes and Crofts but head and shoulders the best player on the park Saturday, and a well deserved MOM

Lets keep it that way. The less exposure he gets the less likely we are to lose him. Stuff England.

Whilst I agree with how important Korey has been for us and what an excellent game he had on sat. Unfortunately quite a few of the u21 midfield are playing regularly in the premier league (e.g wiltshire, Muamba, Henderson etc) so it''s not too surprising they are being picked ahead of him. Hopefully tho if Korey continues to play how he has been then he will start to attract the attention of the England scouts.

OTBC

[quote user="Kathy"]Lets keep it that way. The less exposure he gets the less likely we are to lose him. Stuff England.[/quote]Haha I actually agree with this. I do love Korey, and think he probably deserves a call up. However I am much, much, much more bothered about Norwich than England. [:)]

Smith & Martin will both one day play for England in my opinion.

They may be 1-cap wonders, they may be more, but I firmly believe both have the potential to play at the very highest level.

The longer they stay here, the better it is for us.

Doubt Korey will get an U21 call up this season, no doubt it''s the whole "he hasn''t played regularly in the Championship" excuse. As somebody else has already mentioned, I''m quite happy for the time being to keep his name in Norfolk!

He is a good prospect but there are always a huge amount of Prem youngsters who get more exposure to the England youth teams.  Don''t get me wrong, players like Muamba, Henderson, Albrighton, Rose and Cleverly are good and I would be happy if we swapped Smith for any of them.

There are only ever a handful of non-prem players in the squads which is crazy as most of them do not play for their clubs week in week out.

But I echo what others have said, let''s keep him a secret for as long as we can!

In my opinion Korey is a little bit short of what they''d be looking at for the U21''s.

If you were to compare him to someone like Jordan Henderson (who can play central or right side of midfield) you can see that Korey isn''t quite at that level yet.

Henderson can hold his own in the Premier League and although Korey always works very hard, he doesn''t always have a strong influence on the way the game is going.

He was absolutely outstanding Saturday, I thought it was perhaps his best performance for us. He is just a great all round player, works extremly hard, runs all day, has great control and can take on players, has an attacking threat but is brilliant helping out defensively. I can definately see him in the Premier League at some point. Hopefully with us!

Great player and its a joke he is not in the under 21s. But I am not complaining. He is still very young so if he can have two weeks off during the international break that is brilliant news for Norwich. Its means he hopefully wont get burnt out. England''s loss is our gain.

Smith is good but there are better players out there who are already in

the team such as Wilshire, Cleverly, Henderson, Jack Cork, Danny Rose etc.

IMO it''s a case of him being only 19.  If he consistently performs well this season I''m sure his chance of U21 footie will come.   It''s a good incentive for him to aim at I reckon.

[quote user="Kathy"]Lets keep it that way. The less exposure he gets the less likely we are to lose him. Stuff England.[/quote]

QFT

Chris Martin will struggle to play at the highest level because he lacks pace.

If he had pace he would already be playing in the Premier League.

and, Korey Smith will struggle to get into the U21s because he is behind people like Wilshere, Rodwell and Cleverley who are all Premier League regulars.

Just because Korey Smith plays well for Norwich, it doesnt mean that he is good enough for England.

Wilshere is not a premiership regular, Rodwell is now injured and Cleverley has only played about 3 premier league games.

Korey was immense, the best player by far on the pitch. I always thought he had the workrate and the tackling but seeing his bag of tricks, it was a joy to watch. They couldn''t contain him sometimes.

I couldn’t agree more with the original post...he deserves it...but I quite like that fact that not many people outside or Norfolk know about him as I fear when the inevitable happens, the inevitable WILL happen and he''ll be off to bigger things.

Plus, isn’t it whilst playing for England when plenty of players get injured? Walcott, Defoe,…and the worst one of all Ashton? No thanks.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Kathy"]Lets keep it that way. The less exposure he gets the less likely we are to lose him. Stuff England.[/quote]

QFT

[/quote]

Quantum field theory?

[quote user="GJP"]In my opinion Korey is a little bit short of what they''d be looking at for the U21''s. If you were to compare him to someone like Jordan Henderson (who can play central or right side of midfield) you can see that Korey isn''t quite at that level yet. Henderson can hold his own in the Premier League and although Korey always works very hard, he doesn''t always have a strong influence on the way the game is going.[/quote]

How you can say that absolutely baffles me!  I''m not going to write about all his talents because people have already done so but he really is excellent.

I take it you weren''t there on Saturday?  I know it was only Barnsley but he was an absoulte country mile ahead of everyone on the park, including Norwich players.  He is just getting better every game and we are not the same team without him.

I agree though that the longer his name is kept quiet the better.  Look at Connor Wickham, Ipswich flash his name about and he gets into England U18''s or whatever and all of a sudden Arsenal and Tottenham apparently put in a bid.  He won''t be there for anymore time than two seasons at the absolute max.

Jack Rodwell... simples.

Best young English footballer in the game, does everything Korey does but better. Nothing against Korey but he''s not going to be in that side over the likes of Rodwell who''ll captain England one day.

[quote user="Lambo"]

Jack Rodwell... simples.

Best young English footballer in the game, does everything Korey does but better. Nothing against Korey but he''s not going to be in that side over the likes of Rodwell who''ll captain England one day.

[/quote]

But the fact of the matter is that he could still definitely play a part in the England U21 squad, no one is saying he is going to be even better then Jack Rodwell.

[quote user="Boyo"]

[quote user="GJP"]In my opinion Korey is a little bit short of what they''d be looking at for the U21''s. If you were to compare him to someone like Jordan Henderson (who can play central or right side of midfield) you can see that Korey isn''t quite at that level yet. Henderson can hold his own in the Premier League and although Korey always works very hard, he doesn''t always have a strong influence on the way the game is going.[/quote]

How you can say that absolutely baffles me!  I''m not going to write about all his talents because people have already done so but he really is excellent.

I take it you weren''t there on Saturday?  I know it was only Barnsley but he was an absoulte country mile ahead of everyone on the park, including Norwich players.  He is just getting better every game and we are not the same team without him.

I agree though that the longer his name is kept quiet the better.  Look at Connor Wickham, Ipswich flash his name about and he gets into England U18''s or whatever and all of a sudden Arsenal and Tottenham apparently put in a bid.  He won''t be there for anymore time than two seasons at the absolute max.

[/quote]

Which bit of that baffles you?

It was probably Korey''s best game on Saturday and he did play really well but at the same time he didn''t do anything spectacular. He played with a lot of energy (as always) but this time his work on the ball was better than usual. A few nice little bits of control and skill in the early stages really pleased the crowd. He had a good game in an average game full of average performances from individuals.

He does a great job for us but I don''t believe at this moment that his all round game is quite there, not if you want to be talking about the U21''s and getting ahead of some lads that play Premier League football.

As with my earlier post, if you to compare him to Jordan Henderson (who plays in similar positions) you would have to say that Henderson has got a bit more going for him and looks more like the finised article.

Reckon its his inability to shoot and score goals myself. OK being a fit workhorse but at the higher level you need a bit more than commitment........sure a few shooting sessions at Colney would help.