Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

The scene after the Donny match.

I wonder which scenario was dominant?

(i)  Delia and Michael empathising with Paul arms around his shoulders telling him hard luck, but well-tried the lads ..............let''s have a nice cup of tea and get on home.

or

(ii)  McNally cornering Lambert and between gritted teeth asking him WTF you doing fella we''re supposed to be aiming for the Prem!!! And you do that by coming to places like Doncaster, shutting up shop for a draw and sneaking a f*cking win at the death if possible you silly b*gger!!!! Not by flicking, fart*ng and fannying around. Sh*t man!!! Find yourself at my office first thing in the morning ''cos I want Bowkett in on this one too.

Lesson - if we lose the hard edge instilled by Bowkett, McNally and Lambert last season our goose is likely to be well and truly cooked for a long time to come.

OTBC

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

Because your post was so exciting and insightful...

As your name says Tom, you are a T*T.

[/quote]

Get with the programme you dick....

Besides hasn''t bbb missed a trick what with Stephen Fry publically voicing his disapproval of all things related to the Pope''s visit? I wonder how well that sits with "Mother Delia of  Combs"? He''ll probably get round to it next week when the banana boat delivers his copy of the Guardian though.

[quote user="I am a cocksucker"][quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

Because your post was so exciting and insightful...

As your name says Tom, you are a T*T.

[/quote]

Agreed, what a twat. Bly gets a lot of stick but I thought that post was spot on actually; more amusing than tomtwats poor retort..

[/quote]

Whatever you bore.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

(i)  Delia and Michael empathising with Paul arms around his shoulders telling him hard luck, but well-tried the lads ..............let''s have a nice cup of tea and get on home.

or

(ii)  McNally cornering Lambert and between gritted teeth asking him WTF you doing fella we''re supposed to be aiming for the Prem!!! And you do that by coming to places like Doncaster, shutting up shop for a draw and sneaking a f*cking win at the death if possible you silly b*gger!!!! Not by flicking, fart*ng and fannying around. Sh*t man!!! Find yourself at my office first thing in the morning ''cos I want Bowkett in on this one too.

Lesson - if we lose the hard edge instilled by Bowkett, McNally and Lambert last season our goose is likely to be well and truly cooked for a long time to come.

OTBC

[/quote]I doubt Delia was too concerned. I hear she dashed home to polish up her crucifix in readiness to meet the Pope.....Two false gods nicely in tune with each other.....

I think a more realistic aim behind the scenes is to really establish ourselves as a strong force in the Championship again. Not necessarily "we must get promoted this season or you''re fired" but more "finish top half, push for a play off spot, show the other sides we''re not going to be push overs in our first season back, and get promoted next year"

or

OTBC

[/quote]

(i) Suggesting that Smith & Jones couldn''t care less if we win or lose. This of course sits well with those who see every success being in spite of them and every failure being because of them.

(ii) Even more ridiculous suggestion that Lambert somehow sees the result of the game as some kind of secondary issue to some other agenda he had when he named his team and set his tactics. In the your addled brain you somehow see a scenario where Bowkett and McNally only back their manager when he gets a good result.

Lesson - You seem to be suggesting that Lambert has "gone soft". A couple more defeats and it looks like you''re going to have him firmly in the Smith & Jones camp with Bowkett and Mcnally fighting a lone battle to take the club forward.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

or

OTBC

[/quote]

(i) Suggesting that Smith & Jones couldn''t care less if we win or lose. This of course sits well with those who see every success being in spite of them and every failure being because of them.

(ii) Even more ridiculous suggestion that Lambert somehow sees the result of the game as some kind of secondary issue to some other agenda he had when he named his team and set his tactics. In the your addled brain you somehow see a scenario where Bowkett and McNally only back their manager when he gets a good result.

Lesson - You seem to be suggesting that Lambert has "gone soft". A couple more defeats and it looks like you''re going to have him firmly in the Smith & Jones camp with Bowkett and Mcnally fighting a lone battle to take the club forward.

[/quote]

Confused?

Call nutty.

OTBC

I wonder which scenario is dominant as we head to Preston?

(i)  Paul packing the picnic with Delia and Michael all emphasising to the players that it''s the day out that counts and not the result. He puts is arms around their shoulders telling them he will do his best to get a result but to pack some comfort food for the journey home just in case.

or

(ii)  McNally cornering Lambert in Bowkett''s office and between gritted teeth asking him WTF he''s doing about getting a result to get us back on course for the Prem. "Holy sh*t man get up there and shut up shop to bring back a point. We need some 0-0''s to show we''re tough and mean business in this league".  "What''s that? We''ve scored in every away game since you took over? That means nothing you great jessie! A couple of 0-0 draws from these two away games are what we need."

Lesson - Lambert may always have been soft but nobody noticed when we were winning. Don''t count our chickens ''til our goose is cooked[:S]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

(i)  Paul packing the picnic with Delia and Michael all emphasising to the players that it''s the day out that counts and not the result. He puts is arms around their shoulders telling them he will do his best to get a result but to pack some comfort food for the journey home just in case.

or

(ii)  McNally cornering Lambert in Bowkett''s office and between gritted teeth asking him WTF he''s doing about getting a result to get us back on course for the Prem. "Holy sh*t man get up there and shut up shop to bring back a point. We need some 0-0''s to show we''re tough and mean business in this league".  "What''s that? We''ve scored in every away game since you took over? That means nothing you great jessie! A couple of 0-0 draws from these two away games are what we need."

Lesson - Lambert may always have been soft but nobody noticed when we were winning. Don''t count our chickens ''til our goose is cooked[:S]

[/quote]

F.

[;)]

OTBC

F.

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

What is the significance of that?

Do you really believe McNally and Bowkett meddle in football team affairs?

If so what do you think they will have told Lambert he got wrong?

Or are you too shallow to do questions.

F.

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

What is the significance of that?

Do you really believe McNally and Bowkett meddle in football team affairs?

If so what do you think they will have told Lambert he got wrong?

Or are you too shallow to do questions.

[/quote]

Now why on earth would you want answers from somebody you state has an ''addled brain''?

Odd.

OTBC

or

[/quote]

Ahhhhh Option (i) brings back memories of those lovely family days out under Worthington.

The wives going shopping, the men having a bit of a kick-about, kids running round the away players lounge and then stop for pizza with Delia on the way home.

No McNally then of course just Neil getting lost on the way to his mum''s ......

[quote user="CT"]

I think that while McNally would love promotion (as we all would) it is by no means essential.

We were in league 1 last year people! Why isnt a top half finish good enough?

[/quote]

Because you are young enough to wait and a lot of us are old farts who need success now before we are put down in elm coffins. We also remember bread rationing, potato rationing, petrol rationing and queuing up for coke at the gas works for the fire. We remember being the top team in England and we want to be top again. Delia wants a return for her investment and we oldies want a return for 30, 40, 50 years of our support. That is why top half finish is not good enough ..... top two is the absolute minimum so get thinking that way CT.

[quote user="o"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

or

[/quote] Ahhhhh Option (i) brings back memories of those lovely family days out under Worthington. The wives going shopping, the men having a bit of a kick-about, kids running round the away players lounge and then stop for pizza with Delia on the way home. No McNally then of course just Neil getting lost on the way to his mum''s ......[/quote]

[:)]

What did they play on the coach back? Happy Families and Ludo?

And I bet nobody got locked in the toilet.

OTBC

[quote user="2 dots a circle and a waxing crescent"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

or

[/quote] Ahhhhh Option (i) brings back memories of those lovely family days out under Worthington. The wives going shopping, the men having a bit of a kick-about, kids running round the away players lounge and then stop for pizza with Delia on the way home. No McNally then of course just Neil getting lost on the way to his mum''s ......[/quote]

Good to see you still remember your log in two dots![;)]

Why wait all this time just to come on here and have another dig at Worthy. His away record in this league wasn''t great but was better than any of the other managers since we got relegated in the 90''s. Both before and after his time.[:O]  I bet you sat there all these months cursing Worthy under your breath until I gave you this  chance[:@]

Harsh NN ...

To be fair the best bit of waiting so long is that people forget what trouble I cause replying to me!

Strangely I''ve given up on cursing the Sutch substitution and the many times of not substituting, and even the way Drury was turned into such a defensive nightmare.

No the reason I mentioned the Northern Ireland manager was because your option did so ring true of the Delia/Nigel culture. The players wives of the time must really miss those shopping trips and the chance to keep an eye on their husbands. Thankfully back then we only had the wayward four to worry about (PM, MR, CE, and damn old age who was the 4th! ahh yes PM2).

Now we have our players appearing in court every week yes success comes at a cost !

[quote user="2dots a circle and a waxing crescent"]Harsh NN ... To be fair the best bit of waiting so long is that people forget what trouble I cause replying to me! Strangely I''ve given up on cursing the Sutch substitution and the many times of not substituting, and even the way Drury was turned into such a defensive nightmare. No the reason I mentioned the Northern Ireland manager was because your option did so ring true of the Delia/Nigel culture. The players wives of the time must really miss those shopping trips and the chance to keep an eye on their husbands. Thankfully back then we only had the wayward four to worry about (PM, MR, CE, and damn old age who was the 4th! ahh yes PM2). Now we have our players appearing in court every week yes success comes at a cost ![/quote]

We''ll see if it''s success that comes with the price 2dots!

But at the moment it hardly is compared to 5 seasons finishing no worse than 9th in the Championship.

I''m sure we all hope that soon we can be as poor as we were under Worthy [;)]

Anyway... nice to see you posting[Y]