Sign in to follow this  
Bobby Can

New Striker

I have thought we need another large presence up front, be it in size or just the type of player who occupies at least one defender all the game like Holt did last season. Holt isn''t match fit. Thats obvious.I wasn''t at Donnie but Saturday at home I thought was his weakest performance contribution-wise I can remember and he was taking longer than ever to get back onside. I don''t think any assertions of believing his own hype though, would like someone to point me in the direction of behaviour that proves that, the Scunthorpe shunning was perfectly understandable as discussedo n here at the time. Archant are extremely lucky there''s lack of competition, their organs'' output and standards are woeful in the main.Martin has shown me enough with his woodwork strikes, near misses and noticeably improved size and workrate that he''ll cut it at this level.Jackson - hasn''t been given enough game time for a judgement to be made, this could either be because Lambert is regretting the purchase from what he''s seen in training or that we''ve been needing results in the last few minutes too often this season to risk taking off martin for a rest. When he has been on the field I''ve seen nothing to encourage me that he''s a good signing, but happy to withold judgement until i''ve watched a couple of hours of him in a city shirt at least.Johnson - Still for me one of Lambert''s biggest errors. Has looked hopelessly off the pace and out of his depth. One incredibly important and welcome brace is all he has contributed that I have seen, at least McKenzie scored against Man U as well, not just the one game he made an impact.My main worries are 1. No plan B up front, and this is being highlighted now as Holt doesn''t seem fit and 2 When Barnett''s loan ends (Nelson wouldn''t have got close to an injury under my management, well maybe when playing for the League 1/2 club I sold him to I guess).I can''t believe that Lambert is happy with his forward options, and putting Johnson on instead of Jackson seriously worries me that he''s already regretting that signing.

PL is quoted today as saying that Holty still has not caught up with the fitness building he missed betrween the seasons.

If so, it could be that his injury has prevented him achieving enerygy levels quickly since.

So the jury must be patient and wait a few more weeks, it seems, before writing him off as a championship flop. Time will tell.

I totally agree Salopian. Holty picked up this injury just before half time at the Dereham first friendly of the season.

Once he regains his fitness (unless Lambo is hiding something from us) I have no doubt he will be a great success in this division. It still is not satisfactory though that we do not have ''like for like'' cover for him.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]If i can pick you out young Butler, a pint is yours as long as l can say ''I ''ate you Butlar![/quote]

Not difficult as Morty says I look like Hagrid (The swine)