Sign in to follow this  
marknursey

Predictions for Preston

My prediction for Saturday is a 3-1 win. Although we dont usually fare well at Deepdale, i feel there current situation of being 23rd in the table and leaking goals left, right and centre combined with city wanting to put tuesdays defeat to doncaster behind them will prove enough. Think city will have to much for them. Lappin or Jackson in for Macamanee.

What does everone else reckon?

But they will want to put their Tuesday''s defeat behind them. Cant see them losing twice at home in a week. So im gonna be the pessimist going for a draw.

Lambert will want a win, and so do I.Perhaps a slightly more conservative approach is needed though I think, bring Lappin back in and leave Macnamee to do what he does best and come on and torment a tired defence.

I am going for a 1-1 draw - we are not scoring very well at the moment, and I hope that the defence will learn its lessons from Doncaster - proper wall and clear decisions.

I can''t see us scoring more than 1, and Preston will be fighting. It could be a hard game, and we have to grind out a draw!

1-2 Norwich. I think the team will be eager to get the win after last night and Preston are stuggling side, low in confidence. My friend who supports Forrest was listening to thier game on the radio last night and said Preston seemed very poor, against Forest who also haven''t had a good start, so I would like to think we will go all out for the 3 points

[quote user="fearofambition"]Preston are second from bottom and in terrible form. Which from years of following norwich tells me one thing, we will lose. 3-1 preston.[/quote]I must admit that their is a certain logic to that and also Deepdale has never been a happy hunting ground.

I had a feeling we might lose to Doncaster and for Saturday I have another feeling in my bones but this time a good one!  I can''t see anything else than a City win!

2-0 City!  C.Martin and E.Ward[:D]

[quote user="marknursey"]

My prediction for Saturday is a 3-1 win. Although we dont usually fare well at Deepdale, i feel there current situation of being 23rd in the table and leaking goals left, right and centre combined with city wanting to put tuesdays defeat to doncaster behind them will prove enough. Think city will have to much for them. Lappin or Jackson in for Macamanee.

What does everone else reckon?

[/quote]

I dont know whether to agree with you or become an english teacher. I think I will just agree with you!

Yes, McNamee sadly had his chance and rubber stamped a massive fail on it. Back to the bench fella.

[quote user="ianboogie"]we could do with a good away win 2-0 to city[/quote]On paper it should be a win but you know how that goes!I think we will win but after going a goal down and a crap first half.You know we love giving them the first goal, but think we will come out winners 2-1, with holt getting a goal and then we get a penalty and C Martin banging it in.

Morty wrote: "Anyone know if Rusty is playing regularly for them?"

He was an unused substitute for the first three or four games. I think he made his first league start in their last game, which they lost. I like to have a quick peep at match reports involving clubs with recently departed former canaries in - just to check that they are not making too much of an impact elsewhere and that there may be reason to regret their departure - so for that reason I have also been keeping half an eye on Brentford, who have been languishing near the bottom of league one.

For tomorrow''s game, I don''t know whether to predict a defeat in the hope that I am wrong or be bold and go for a win - I hate predicting draws (which normally means good performance but just one measly point). I''ll be brave and go for a 2-0 win to city, and then I can be a "play-off dreamer" once again.

[quote user="fearofambition"]Preston are second from bottom and in terrible form. Which from years of following norwich tells me one thing, we will lose. 3-1 preston.[/quote]I was thinking the same Fearo...typical anti-climax 2-0 Preston

I think it''s time for Holty to start scoring again... 1-2 Norwich (always interesting to see the pools panel never saying an away win, and us prooving them wrong so many times)

My PNE mate reckons it will be a goal fest. Leaky defenses on both sides. About 18K tickets sold including 1700 NC. It''s one of their ''get the crowds in'' bargain games.

Me 2-1 Norwich.