Sign in to follow this  
Razzmatazz

Hughes

With all the discussion going on right now about Surman being out, surely Hughes could be the man to come in..?? He''s certainly more creative than Lappin, given a run in the side I think he could just turn out to be the solution.

I think Fox in Surma''s position would work better than him being played at the base of the diamond.

What exactly has Lappin done wrong? Apart from being integral to the team last year and one of our leading assist makers I fail to see why he needs to be dropped while Surman is out.

The guy gives 100% every match. A real unsung hero in my eyes.

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

What exactly has Lappin done wrong? Apart from being integral to the team last year and one of our leading assist makers I fail to see why he needs to be dropped while Surman is out.

The guy gives 100% every match. A real unsung hero in my eyes.

[/quote]

I would say that Lappin is more defensive than Hughes or Fox so that''s possibly why.

I like King of Spain, he does indeed try every game, having said that I would like to see what Hughes can do in this league.

Last season he was outmuscled but showed glimpses of class, I said last season he looks a Championship player but wrong for League 1. It''s nice to have all these options in midfield

I actually think that he would do better in this league than he would in League 1.

I like Hughes, he is good back up along with Fox. But Saturday, I would go with Lappin, played ok on Saturday and would use Macca as more of an impact sub.

I am not a Hoolahan hater but to be honest right now he would be the player I would take off to make way for others.

He is just not having the impact on a game that he is capable of. Martin should be played up front with Holt, or just behind him with a free role.

Put Macca on the right and Hughes/Lappin on the left and see how the more natural width will effect how we play.

I think Hoolahan is a quality player.... however.... I would like to see him dropped for one game or come on as a sub just to remind him that nothing is a given, maybe give him a moment to suss the game out from the sidelines, throw them off course and see what the others can do.

Can''t wait for Crofts to square up to Russel, as much as I liked him in a yellow shirt, his comments on wanting to join a club like Preston who will achieve things, unlike Norwich, UNBELIEVABLE!

you obviously didnt see the interview with Rusty in the EDp the other week then... he never wanted to leave us in the first place!

I would like to see Fox or Hughes played in Surman''s position but not on Saturday.  We have just lost in mid week and are away from home.  Lappin is a bit more defensive and solid so for an away game I think we should stick with him.

I would like to see Hoolahan dropped.  He hasn''t played very well this season IMO.  I don''t know how we would work it though.  A 4-4-2 with McNamee on the right, Smith and Crofts in the centre and Lappin on the left perhaps?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]you obviously didnt see the interview with Rusty in the EDp the other week then... he never wanted to leave us in the first place![/quote]Well, actually, yes he did! [:)] He only wanted to stay when he couldn''t find a better offer!