Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Put Your Hands Up PL

[quote user="Superflash"]It''s time like this when I loathe and detest this message board.It''s ONE GAME. We lost to the better side on the night. Get over it and stop blaming Lambert every time we don''t win a match. It''s absolutely pathetic, because for the next win you''ll just be singing his praises again. I honestly thought we were more intelligent fans than this, at least most of us. Don''t make such idiotic comments after each game in the heat of the moment. Sorry folks, I just found it absolutely rubbish. The same thing happened after the Watford game. We need to remember where we were just over twelve months ago and what he''s done in that time. Show the man some respect, you wretched cretin. [/quote]You quite clearly weren''t their then. They were the better team for about 25 minutes. Their football was excellent, and they tore us apart. Then we smashed them. They just hoofed it, and stuck everyone in defence. 2nd goal was against the run of play massively, and the 3rd was just pathetic. Barnett and Ward I think it was, sort of ran into eachother, they get a free kick and a massive deflection. We were the better team, but as it seems all season, we can do the build up, but can''t score.I''m not moaning, we''ve had a great start to the season. If you''re moaning about the clear 4-5-1 then yeah, it was wrong. When we changed to 4-4-2 we were by far the better team.Lambert is king. He tried something new to match a good passing side and it didn''t work. He saw it didn''t and changed it.We did not lose to the better team though.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Was our support in good voice with the community singing?

OTBC!

[/quote]Excellent, as ever.

[quote user="Superflash"]It''s time like this when I loathe and detest this message board.

It''s ONE GAME. We lost to the better side on the night. Get over it and stop blaming Lambert every time we don''t win a match. It''s absolutely pathetic, because for the next win you''ll just be singing his praises again. I honestly thought we were more intelligent fans than this, at least most of us. Don''t make such idiotic comments after each game in the heat of the moment.

Sorry folks, I just found it absolutely rubbish. The same thing happened after the Watford game. We need to remember where we were just over twelve months ago and what he''s done in that time. Show the man some respect, you wretched cretin.
[/quote]

Your right. But the OP has only said that Lambert was to blame tonight not that he is a bad manager, should be sacked because we are going to get relegated. This forum jars me off because people aren''t allowed to criticise the team after a loss, or so it seems.

When you look at it you could say Lambert got it wrong but I thought the team he sent out was more than capable to win.  I have been to all the home games this season and in each one (minus Gillingham in the cup) Holt and Martin have offered us nothing.  I know they have both scored winning goals but they were late on.  The ''holy trinity'' isn''t working and that is why we are not scoring which is why we are not winning.  We are dominating possesion but can''t create lots of clear cut chances.  And I think it is just because the front three aren''t good enough for this division.  I think Martin will turn good but he needs someone better than Holt and Hoolahan playing with him at this level.

Interesting read Boyo, Personally I think you have a case but it''s early days re the trinity. Hoolahan can skin players all over the shop but his final ball is lacking so far Surman has sorted this for him, Holt is still unfit so we can''t judge him too harshly he was poor last night and Martin I agree has been the best of the 3 so far, he just looks sharper and could be a very important player for us.

I did wonder last season about accomodating Hoolahan in the free role would cost us against stronger midfielders and to an extent that has been the case but I''m confident we will adapt.

Standard''s verdict - Give the trinity another month they''ll come good I''m sure

Last home game Holt looked like he had been on the town the night before, but yes I hope that the trinity can come good. All we can do is hope, or dip into the loan market and i hear no whispers on it.

As for the OP...... We rolled the dice, we lost out. Lambert may have been wrong, or, more likely if we had of played at our potential the team that stacked up would of walked away with something. Truth is, we didn''t play to our potential and we didn''t walk away with something.

We all know what this Norwich team is capable of providing we can get key players fit and get in a groove. We have a nice game coming up on the bounce and I think players need to know their position isn''t secure. Maccers starting sends out signals to Gill, Jackson, Johnson etc that they are in this team and it is a squad game. If Holt keeps looking Leggy and Hooly can''t start finding that form we have a squad there and he will use it.

.....................you made the change, made us more solid, fired the players up and; as you usually do got it spot on today.

It did help that the players performed better but congratulations the manager. Top man!