Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Put Your Hands Up PL

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]i was busy and couldnt listen to it tonight. how did Lambert get it wrong?[/quote]Holt in goal. [:S]

Plenty would say, you don''t mess with the formation the players are used to.  IMO it''s part of the problem with England.  Players slip into a rhythm playing a certain way, then get all confused when asked to do something different.

Why are you all so bothered?We have started REALLY well in the Champ, I am a happy boy. [:)] We lost, away to a good Doncaster team. Not big news for me. Getting something there would have been brilliant, but I expected us to lose and that''s exactly what happened. Look forward to Saturday, when we will win at Deepdale. [:D]

It''s time like this when I loathe and detest this message board.It''s ONE GAME. We lost to the better side on the night. Get over it and stop blaming Lambert every time we don''t win a match. It''s absolutely pathetic, because for the next win you''ll just be singing his praises again. I honestly thought we were more intelligent fans than this, at least most of us. Don''t make such idiotic comments after each game in the heat of the moment. Sorry folks, I just found it absolutely rubbish. The same thing happened after the Watford game. We need to remember where we were just over twelve months ago and what he''s done in that time. Show the man some respect, you wretched cretin.

[quote user="Superflash"]It''s time like this when I loathe and detest this message board.It''s ONE GAME. We lost to the better side on the night. Get over it and stop blaming Lambert every time we don''t win a match. It''s absolutely pathetic, because for the next win you''ll just be singing his praises again. I honestly thought we were more intelligent fans than this, at least most of us. Don''t make such idiotic comments after each game in the heat of the moment. Sorry folks, I just found it absolutely rubbish. The same thing happened after the Watford game. We need to remember where we were just over twelve months ago and what he''s done in that time. Show the man some respect, you wretched cretin. [/quote]^^ Ledge.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]i was busy and couldnt listen to it tonight. how did Lambert get it wrong?[/quote]

IMO we should have stuck with the diamond with Lappin in the side over McNamee, however you can understand Lambert''s train of thought by including Macca.

At least our Reserve team is still unbeaten .. no games ... no injuries .. no match fitness for our fringe players .. no confidence .. the subs bench will no stay happy all the time I''m afraid ... PL

Sorry, Superflash but you are talking out of your a***

Lambert is not above criticism and if he sets the team up wrong he lets the players down too.

He gambled and lost by leaving the midfield to be over run. The only thing I don''t blame him for is the poor form of the holy trinity who need in the case of two of them to stop all the off field bollocks and prove themselves on the pitch at this level.

I want to see how McNally reacts to this because it isn''t just one result it is a team with no effective strike force and a couple of squad deficiencies elsewhere (target man and RB).

McNally I am sure, along with PL does not harbour ambitions just to stay in this league and last time things clearly looked wrong we had positive action.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Sorry, Superflash but you are talking out of your a***

Lambert is not above criticism and if he sets the team up wrong he lets the players down too.

He gambled and lost by leaving the midfield to be over run. The only thing I don''t blame him for is the poor form of the holy trinity who need in the case of two of them to stop all the off field bollocks and prove themselves on the pitch at this level.[/quote]There''s criticism and there''s just heat of the moment horse manure, which is basically what all the Lambert critique is like on here whenever we happen to lose a match. At 2-0 down we got back into the match (via Chris Martin of the holy trinity no less. Talk about poor form. Sheesh) and by all accounts their third goal had a touch of luck to it. We really can''t grumble about that seeing as we''ve had our own fair share of the green so far. I really don''t think he "set the team wrong" as you put it. We lost to a good Doncaster side, it happens. But we certainly weren''t terrible and I highly doubt it''s the start of somekind of epic downward spiral for us. As for the holy trinity, recent results would suggest they''ve been doing just fine. Nothing amazing, but both Holt and Martin are off the mark and Hoolahan will find his feet in this league again soon enough. Stop being such a crybaby. We''ve had a more than good enough start to the season. If you''d have said this is where we would be at this stage we''d have absolutely taken it.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]...and last time things clearly looked wrong we had positive action.[/quote]

Was that last season when you said we were not going to go up?

We lost an away game to a side who are very good at home...and we won''t go all season without getting beaten away; anyone justs have to look at Forest last season..terrible away form yet came 3rd in the league. I''m not saying its ok to have a bad away form but this was one game and I''m sure we will learn from our mistakes and put in a good performance away at Preston on Saturday!

I see there are plenty of people happy to have a go at me to cover their disappointment.

Never mind!

I want Norwich to go for promotion this season and I want players and manager to succeed. Lambert isn''t going to come out, talk to the press and be negative but I bet he is seething away from the microphone.

How ever well we played in phases the fact is we gave ourselves too much to do...again. Yes, it was a wonder goal but we let Doncaster get their tails up.

It is the self-doubt that caused that odd atmosphere at home on Saturday, people can see the creative players are not clicking and Holt is half the player we are used to.

I expect a reaction on Saturday but don''t expect to see little Tony start again.

I don''t expect PL to openly criticise himself and this in my opinion was his first real error and the first time his subs haven''t saved him as far as I can recall.

We have had a decent start but there are clear indicators for improvement.

Just got back and this thread is right for the first time in a year PL did get it wrong and got it wrong badly.

The formation and selection was suspect.

Holt is not fit 2 games is 4 days is a stretch for him right now, coming on for the last 20 could have squng the game for us.

Korey looked cream crackered which following Sat is understandable.

Martin on the Left wing?

Yes it''s one game etc etc but right now that doesn''t help

PL saw things weren''t working in the first half, hence the change, he''s a manager, he cant see into the future, the line up and formation Lambert started with wasn''t working hence the changes.

This message board has many people and pretty much every option is covered when it comes to what formation/players people think we should use etc, I personally liked the look of this line up prior to kick off, but it didn''t work - to bad. The people who would have done things differently tend to voice themselves after things like this, but if we could compare what Paul Lambert does/has done with what would of happened if they''d made every decision of the last year, im pretty sure we''ve got the right man in charge, no offence ;)

I dont personally think Lambert needs to hold his hands up for this game at all, had he failed to change things, maybe, but he saw the problem and addressed it, to no avail id admit, but you cant win every game.

Having only seen the lineup when I got to the ground I was looking forward to it I thought 4-4-2 could work, diamond to flat 4-4-2 if we need to, 4-5-1 with Chris M on the left was just wrong.

I like the look of 4-5-1 with Mac and Wes but then play 3 midfielders to boss it.

Holt and SMith cannot have looked razor sharp in training, it''s not about hindsight it''s common sense

[quote user="Standard"]Just got back and this thread is right for the first time in a year PL did get it wrong and got it wrong badly. The formation and selection was suspect. Holt is not fit 2 games is 4 days is a stretch for him right now, coming on for the last 20 could have squng the game for us. Korey looked cream crackered which following Sat is understandable. Martin on the Left wing? Yes it''s one game etc etc but right now that doesn''t help[/quote]

Hmmmmm...

MAN OF THE MATCH, KOREY SMITH: On a night where no City player was at their best, Korey was still driving forwards and injecting energy into a lacklustre Norwich performance.

I think there are a couple of players who need to hold their hands up as well.

Going by some of the recent performances I wouldn''t be surprised if there are some players who feel very sure of their places in the team and perhaps haven''t given us their very best as much as they should have.