Sign in to follow this  
Superflash

Top four baby!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Sure makes a sight for sore eyes, but am remaining grounded, still lots of season left.[/quote]Quite right to be fair. I''m not one for getting carried away after one result, despite what the thread might imply. I said the same after the Doncaster game when people were slagging off Lambert. Still, it just goes to show how far we''ve come in 13 months.

[quote user="Superflash"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Sure makes a sight for sore eyes, but am remaining grounded, still lots of season left.[/quote]

Quite right to be fair. I''m not one for getting carried away after one result, despite what the thread might imply. I said the same after the Doncaster game when people were slagging off Lambert. Still, it just goes to show how far we''ve come in 13 months.
[/quote]

I really do think hand on heart our team can achieve good things when they are all firing.  When Wes has a poor day, then the team seem off''ish.

I think it''s great that the ''team'' (how nice is it to say that after our relegation season when we had 11 players) now don''t drop their heads when a goal down, and they battle on to the end, they win, lose and draw as a team.

We have come a long way in 13 months, but there''s still a long way to go yet and some tough games ahead, but the signs are promising.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Superflash"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Sure makes a sight for sore eyes, but am remaining grounded, still lots of season left.[/quote]

Quite right to be fair. I''m not one for getting carried away after one result, despite what the thread might imply. I said the same after the Doncaster game when people were slagging off Lambert. Still, it just goes to show how far we''ve come in 13 months.
[/quote]

I really do think hand on heart our team can achieve good things when they are all firing.  When Wes has a poor day, then the team seem off''ish.

I think it''s great that the ''team'' (how nice is it to say that after our relegation season when we had 11 players) now don''t drop their heads when a goal down, and they battle on to the end, they win, lose and draw as a team.

We have come a long way in 13 months, but there''s still a long way to go yet and some tough games ahead, but the signs are promising.

[/quote]

Thats fair enough, but at least under PL and this team we DARE to dream !

Isnt that what football should be about ?

Although I am really enjoying this season with this open league, I think if we don''t get promoted this season (which might happen) we will be a strong favourite to reach the playoffs next season. However so happy in fourth place.

I prefer a solid start to a Leeds or QPR style opening and solid is what we have.

We are not playing catch up and we are picking up points whilst seeing room for improvement. We can build into this season.

I was annoyed by the Doncaster result and for me that was a microcosm of the season as a whole. Earn the right to play, do the ground work, don''t try to get ahead of yourself and that means playing a strong tight unit and building into a game like building into a season.

The grand-standing can wait, and it will come, once we establish ourselves as hard to beat, hard to break down and settled in the top half.

In all honesty, this season is beginning to feel like the last and the enjoyment and excitement is building.

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Thats fair enough, but at least under PL and this team we DARE to dream ! Isnt that what football should be about ?[/quote]

Who''s said we dare not dream?  Certainly not me, the reality is a whole lot different to my dreams lol