Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

team for preston

By all accounts McNamee played fairly well on Tuesday but the whole balance of the side was unsettled as we were overrun in midfield and couldn''t press as well as we did in previous away games with the diamond.

MacNamee was pretty good on Tuesday, probably our best in the 1st half out of a bad bunch. His crossing wasn''t poor, that''s just his crossing style, he gets it to dip a lot at the end. Still, that being said, Lappin will/should start today.

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]So you thought he was not poor tuesday. Did you go? If you did then you must have been watching adifferent player to me.
[/quote]

Quite agree.He was lightweight,never tracked back to defend on one single occassion,his crossing was awful and we only looked a threat when he got substituted once we went 2-0 behind.McNamee is no more than an impact substitute to be used for 20-30 minutes at the most.His CV shows this to be the case for the whole of his career.

thanks TIL1010 I thought I went to a different game for a minute! Spot on with what you said. I dont dislike the guy but he was poor tuesday. Lappin does a much better job for us. Although lambert did change formation to match donnys so mac was on the right, he is an impact sub and only looked like doing something when he went off.

Yes, I was there and he wasn''t that bad! Just didn''t get much of the ball, but when he got the ball he was the only player who I thought could make something happen!