Sign in to follow this  
kdncfc

Leon Barnett

Out of contract at the end of the season so we could probably get him for a reasonable fee in January, sounds like he''d like to stay here and if he continue in the same vein would be a good signing.

I''ve only seen him play once which was against Barnsley last week and I thought he looked very good.  A lot will probably depend on what both Norwich and West Brom do however he does sound like he likes it here.  And if we did get him on a free then that would be a bargain.

Made a fantastic tackle on Billy Sharp against Donny. But was too busy calling for offside in the first place. Certainly looks like an assured and stalwart centre.

He will come at a knock down price the problem is often wages, but you would think if we are still there or there abouts in January then all will be done for that last push. Beware though OP there will be plenty coming on as they did when we signed him saying that Askou should be playing so dont sign him. 

We should be able to get a reasonable price for him but west brom did pay 2.5 million for him and might want a bit more than usual to get a bit more of that money back

So far, so good from Mr. Barnett.  I do have concerns that he''s a Matty Pattison in the making - and as soon as we give a permanent contract he will revert to the type of performance other fans have come to recognise.For the moment, he''s been excellent, though.

Hes not going to make it at West Brom and certainly looks good enough to do a job for us!

Whitbread - will he ever be fit?

Askou and Nelson are capable of doing a job when called upon!

Yes we''ve got to sign him!

Very good in the air, and seems to have abit of pace.His passing though is awful. Just smashes it long everyyyyyyyyy time. That would be my only concern. Apart from that, he''s been good. [:D]

I can see a situation in January where either Askou will leave due to not playing, or we will let Whitbread go if he cant return to fitness, and Barnett could be brought in as a replacement.

Would probably pay 500k for him. Then you would have Ward, Barnett, Nelson and Whitbread or Askou as centre back options. Not bad, not bad...