Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Russell Martin

Don''t know if it''s been said but I was really impressed with him yesterday.  He may be unspectacular and I think some fans are waiting for him to make some errors so they can boo someone, but I think he does an excellent and solid job at RB.  Before the season started, many fans (and myself included) thought that this league would be a step too far for him.  To be fair, so far he has done very well.  The defence has been solid, Martin has held his own defensively and has also offered a very effective attacking source.  When you look back at some of the previous RB''s we''ve had like, Otsemobor, Omozusi, Colin, etc, the guy is head and shoulders above all of them and fits into our team pattern very well, in fact, very similar to how Marc Edworthy fitted into the 2003/04 winning squad.

Ok, so it''s only early days but I think he may have surprised one or two people with his consistency so far this season.

I agree. He was solid yesterday.I have always believed that the reason why people knock him is purely based around egos. The fact that he was seen to be a reject from Posh who an average Norwich fan would see as a worse team than Norwich.. Therefore they expect him to be poop. Regardless of the fact that he was a massive part of Posh''s team prior to being ditched.

Like ive always defended RM he is good and of course he has the odd bad game or gets it wrong from time to time.But even if we were top of the league unbeaten  some of our fans would still slagg him off.............there never happy unless there slagging someone off in the team.................grow some balls and get over it! RM is here to stay and lets face facts would you really want JO Back?