Sign in to follow this  
Salford

Players' Wages

I wouldn''t usually be interested in anybodys annual earnings but am curious as to how much our current crop are on, mainly because in part, I pay the players'' wages. Does anybody know if they are publically accessible or available via freedom of information requests?  

Who do you think are our top and bottom earners? I would imagine Ward is on a fair whack, especially as we got him for free. I would love to see Adam Drury''s wage structure since he started with us; from Premiership to League 1.

I think it''s safe to say we''re getting good value for money at the moment but I wonder how that compares with the class of 2008/09.

[quote user="Salford"]

I wouldn''t usually be interested in anybodys annual earnings but am curious as to how much our current crop are on, mainly because in part, I pay the players'' wages. Does anybody know if they are publically accessible or available via freedom of information requests?  

Who do you think are our top and bottom earners? I would imagine Ward is on a fair whack, especially as we got him for free. I would love to see Adam Drury''s wage structure since he started with us; from Premiership to League 1.

I think it''s safe to say we''re getting good value for money at the moment but I wonder how that compares with the class of 2008/09.

[/quote]

Are Norwich City now in the public sector?

Basically, no, there is no way of finding out player''s wages as with everyone''s wages this is confidential information, the accounts will have the total playing staff wage bill included but this is the only publically available information.

I would love to know also who gets what and if all the rumours about Doc''s £20k a week wages were true (I highly doubt they are).

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Salford"]

[/quote]

Are Norwich City now in the public sector?

Basically, no, there is no way of finding out player''s wages as with everyone''s wages this is confidential information, the accounts will have the total playing staff wage bill included but this is the only publically available information.

I would love to know also who gets what and if all the rumours about Doc''s £20k a week wages were true (I highly doubt they are).

[/quote]

I didn''t know whether there would special type of request because it could somehow be "within public interest" even though we are in the private sector.

I would like to know what they were paying Helveg.

[quote user="3pmkickoff"]Just out of interest do you walk into your local supermarket and tell the checkout girl that you pay her wages in part?
[/quote]

I had thought about it that way but it''s not really the same is it. Checkout wages are pretty standardised, whereas footballers are in what I would I would deem as privilidged employment, roles models in the community and it is within public interest to know wages (as seen with Pompey). The fans will remain long after the players.

[quote user="Salford"]

I can tell you that during the 2007-08 season our highest paid players were on £14,000 per week - and there were several of them. Other than that, no idea.

[/quote]

[quote user="Salford"]

[/quote]

I can tell you that during the 2007-08 season our highest paid players were on £14,000 per week - and there were several of them. Other than that, no idea.

[quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="Salford"]

[/quote]

I can tell you that during the 2007-08 season our highest paid players were on £14,000 per week - and there were several of them. Other than that, no idea.

[/quote]

But does it matter? they use a skill to earn a living, did you know Lewis Hamilton is on £6.000.000 a year to risk his life. his skill demands the wage.  

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="cityislife"]stephen hughes is on £7500 a week contract[/quote]

source?

[/quote]http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hughes-joins-Norwich-on-threeyear.5480767.jphttp://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5423797,00.htmlmany others....

[quote user="Salford"]

[quote user="3pmkickoff"]Just out of interest do you walk into your local supermarket and tell the checkout girl that you pay her wages in part? [/quote]

I had thought about it that way but it''s not really the same is it. Checkout wages are pretty standardised, whereas footballers are in what I would I would deem as privilidged employment, roles models in the community and it is within public interest to know wages (as seen with Pompey). The fans will remain long after the players.

[/quote]Don''t be daft, in fact as the loans were taken out against future season ticket sales then the average fan is paying to service the debt more than anything else. It''s no ones business, players just get paid the going rate in their market place just as in any other industry and at the end of the day who cares?

[quote user="cityislife"]stephen hughes is on £7500 a week contract[/quote]That is nothing more than blind speculation regurgitated throughout the media at the time of his signing, there is no way he was given a wage of £7,000+ per/week whilst we were in the third tier, especially under the stewardship of McNally.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="cityislife"]stephen hughes is on £7500 a week contract[/quote]That is nothing more than blind speculation regurgitated throughout the media at the time of his signing, there is no way he was given a wage of £7,000+ per/week whilst we were in the third tier, especially under the stewardship of McNally. [/quote]

Hughes was a Gunn signing though, wasn''t he?

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="cityislife"]stephen hughes is on £7500 a week contract[/quote]That is nothing more than blind speculation regurgitated throughout the media at the time of his signing, there is no way he was given a wage of £7,000+ per/week whilst we were in the third tier, especially under the stewardship of McNally. [/quote]

Hughes was a Gunn signing though, wasn''t he?[/quote]Exactly Mr Brain Box Gunn also signed a Clit that played like a ****.  So anything is possible.

[quote user="3pmkickoff"]and at the end of the day who cares?[/quote]

Many thousands of disillusioned fans like myself. Players wages are killing the game, its inevitable in a free market of course, but that doesn''t make it right. We dont have enough doctors/nurses/teachers etc, but I dont see market forces pushing their money up.

[quote user="Salford"]

[/quote]

Would have thought our average wage for regular first team players would be about £5000 to £6000, with some like Korey on a lot less and some of the top ones  on a few grand more. Just a guess though.