Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

deja vu ? ? ?

Sutton return ''will not happen'' - agent
November 11, 2004 14:11

CHRIS SUTTON''S agent has been forced to deny widespread internet rumours that his star client is all set for an emotional return to his Norfolk roots. City would be "wasting their time" if they were to make a move, said John Viola.

seem to remember something like this last year, now who was it,  um ..........?

Jim, I thought exactly the same thing when I read it. Sutton it is then. Im happy with that. Just like Hucks if he wants to come back and Nige goes for him then the agent can go whistle for it.

The only difference is that Sutton is at least still playing for them and scoring regularly whereas Hux was not playing for Man City just rotting in the reserves.  With this in mind would see the transfer fee being far too much for us (unless player exchange) bearing in mind he is contracted until summer 06.

Tufnell, would O''Neill have any particular reason to do us a favour (he didn''t have a brilliant relationship with the club even as our manager! and left under a cloud, even though it was Chase back then), and does he actually want to let Sutton go (isn''t he still scoring for them)?  I''d love to see it happen mind you

The question is how much do you think he is worth?   He was sold for £4M how many seasons ago?  He could be within our price range especially with a player swap for Holt!!!

Yeah he scores goals, but I reckon I could score goals in the Scotts Prem, lol.

He came out in the press ages ago obviously angered about always being overlooked for England, perhaps a switch back to the Prem where he could prove his worth might be favourable to him?  What better club than us?  Why would an agent speak out about fan rumours unless he was a little concerned and wanted to keep Celtic happy whilst talks go on?   Lots of questions and lots of what ifs and probably a whole heap of optimism from me, but I think it all points to him wanting to come back to the prem.

[quote]Sutton return ''will not happen'' - agent November 11, 2004 14:11 CHRIS SUTTON''S agent has bee[/quote]

Damn, you beat me to it Jim, I thought this, just the same as you did.

You know I believe in strange things happening, but surely lightning couldn''t strike twice, could it?.

To Chris I would say this, it''s not always about money, there''s quality of life to consider as well, but he already knows what Norfolk''s like, doesn''t he?.

He would be an instant hero here, and without even kicking a ball. And what a foil for Hucks blade.

I think its time for one of my fabled ''charm spells'' to entice him here, yes?.