Sign in to follow this  
ucl-canary

For everyone who complains about Carrie roads atmosphere

What a shocking bunch of fans Doncaster were!

Apart from their drum there was no noise created.

This was complete contrast to fantastic support from us, even at 2 0 down getting right behind the team and putting tinpot Donny to shame.

Any idea how many of us there were tonight?

Our fantastic support??? I thought that appart from us stood in the back 4 rows, our support was shocking last night. Everyone sat down not making a noise, until half time came and they all stood up and started chatting. Then the refs whistle went for the start of the second half and they all sat down again. Awful support

Were you there? It was awful. Yep the back 4 rows hardly stopped singing but the 20 rows in front of us didnt make a sound. The doncaster fans I spoke to after the game didn''t hear a single song we sung other than one on the ball city once. Compared to scunthorpe and forest we were embarrassing

I haven''t been away for some time, but I have to say that out of 40 plus away games over the years, there have only been a few occasions when I thought our fans were in good voice. Too many families on a nice day out, quietly observing the proceedings, while me and my mates are shouting ourselves hoarse. Even goal celebrations can be somewhat subdued at times. Our fans bear no comparison vocally with the likes of Millwall''s travelling mob, that''s for sure.

Apart from the drum their was next to b uggerall noise from the Doncaster fans and they have a good team to watch!

This myth about the atmosphere at Carrow Road is silly. I remember many many games in the so called good ole days of terracing when the atmosphere wasn''t good. Carrow Road has always had goiod atmosphere when the team gives the fans something to shout about and the sun isn''t beating down on the Barclay like it was on Saturday!

[quote user="followtheboyzinyellow"]Our fantastic support??? I thought that appart from us stood in the back 4 rows, our support was shocking last night. Everyone sat down not making a noise, until half time came and they all stood up and started chatting. Then the refs whistle went for the start of the second half and they all sat down again. Awful support[/quote]

Agreed that most of the noise came from the back, but just because people choose to sit down doesn''t make it "awful support". I''m 6''-3", I don''t suppose many behind me would appreciate me standing all through the game[:P]

[quote user="ucl-canary"]What a shocking bunch of fans Doncaster were!

Apart from their drum there was no noise created.

This was complete contrast to fantastic support from us, even at 2 0 down getting right behind the team and putting tinpot Donny to shame.

Any idea how many of us there were tonight?[/quote]I think you''ll find that very few luvvies travel to away fixtures.... so those that travel are the vocal and passionate few.I suspect they are rather more subdued at home so as not to cause offence.

I think what''s annoying is that Carrow Road has the potential to be a real cauldron, but it''s more like a tea cup. I think part of the blame lies with the team though. We rarely get out of second gear in the first half and our style of play reminds me of Man Utd. By this I mean we don''t really play silky football, more just try and ram the ball in the net when we need a goal. This makes the atmosphere exciting towards the end of the game but can be a bit dull during.

The atmosphere at Forest backs up this point as we took the game to them for nearly the entire 90 mins and the crowd were in good voice most of the game.

Here we go again.  Fans moaning at other fans because they don''t watch football in the same way as themselves.  The fans that sat down last night paid their good hard earned money to watch Norwich play and therefore have the right to watch the match how they choose.  If they wan''t to sit down then they can sit down!

[quote]Here we go again.  Fans moaning at other fans because they don''t watch football in the same way as themselves.  The fans that sat down last night paid their good hard earned money to watch Norwich play and therefore have the right to watch the match how they choose.  If they wan''t to sit down then they can sit down![/quote][Y]

[quote user="Dan Druff"]I haven''t been away for some time, but I have to say that out of 40 plus away games over the years, there have only been a few occasions when I thought our fans were in good voice. Too many families on a nice day out, quietly observing the proceedings, while me and my mates are shouting ourselves hoarse. Even goal celebrations can be somewhat subdued at times. Our fans bear no comparison vocally with the likes of Millwall''s travelling mob, that''s for sure.[/quote]Have to agree with that, there are plenty of teams around with far more vocal passionate fans than us. Went to Charlton last year the day we got promoted and the atmosphere was very good but in general I think we are quiet especially at home.

Ok I was sat about 8 rows from the back and sing my heart out every game, there were 2 morph suit lads and me singing Y''army constantly. Noise always builds from the back it''s hard to hear people singing in front of you due to simple physics, they were singing though.

As for sitting down, I broke my leg badly 2 months ago standing hurts, also I''m 6'' 4" people behind would not be happy, you can still make noise sitting down sometimes it''s about common sense

The morph suit guy that got beaten up at Forest was one of them... I was sat like 2 rows from the back, and I thought the atmosphere was good. Don''t think the ballboy enjoyed it. [:D]

[quote user="followtheboyzinyellow"]Our fantastic support??? I thought that appart from us stood in the back 4 rows, our support was shocking last night. Everyone sat down not making a noise, until half time came and they all stood up and started chatting. Then the refs whistle went for the start of the second half and they all sat down again. Awful support[/quote]To be honest I wouldtn expect to have fantastic support at donny on a tuesday night. 1 reason i wouldnt go to a game like that. We take good numbers no question, some clubs would kill to take 1k to donny on a tues night, but its never gona be a support full of standers and singers.tho i must say  i hope our away support doesnt revert to the way it was before we were relegated. 90% sat down making no noise. our away support won plenty of plaudits from other fans last season cos we brought good numbers(still) but were always stood and made plenty of noise. before we were relegated our support was poor (with some expections obviously e.g. qpr away) and you ask other fans what they thought of it and they would say it was poor. of course i expect very few people on here to agree with me, but then they''re probably the same people who said barnsleys support of 500 making no noise was good.

absolutely true what the king says. I remember going to Reading away on a Saturday in the relegation season and almost everyone sat in silence the whole game. Compare that to say oldham away last season when the away support stood loud and pround all game. I hope we keep our loud away support up-I don''t think I can do many more trips like that reading game!

[quote user="howes80"]absolutely true what the king says. I remember going to Reading away on a Saturday in the relegation season and almost everyone sat in silence the whole game. Compare that to say oldham away last season when the away support stood loud and pround all game. I hope we keep our loud away support up-I don''t think I can do many more trips like that reading game![/quote]i suppose there wasnt much inspiration for the reading game though with darel russel lone striker lol

The common factor in the Reading away game 08/09 and Oldham away 09/10 was -

We were c rap in 08/09 and we were very good in 09/10. Hence the reason why the atmosphere was poor in 08/09 and good in 09/10!

Too many fans, normally the young ones don''t get this and then listen to all the bulls hit tales from the good ole days when every fan sang for every minute of every game on the terraces!

Never was like that and never will be!

For the recod one of the best atmospheres I''ve ever witnessed at Carrow Road and I go back to he 1950''s is the UEFA cup 2nd round 2nd leg clash against Bayern Munich when the ground was all seater!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

The common factor in the Reading away game 08/09 and Oldham away 09/10 was -

We were c rap in 08/09 and we were very good in 09/10. Hence the reason why the atmosphere was poor in 08/09 and good in 09/10!

[/quote]

no i dont agree.

I felt that the atmosphere at half-time last week against Barnsley, when the club announcer welcomed our majority shareholder onto the pitch for her to carry out the ambassador draw, was very subdued.....In fact, I don''t recall a ripple of applause from anywhere in the stadium when Delia was announced onto the pitch (and that includes no applause when she left it).....?

Delia and Michael are the people who saved this club - and folk should at least show some gratitude and appreciation!

Whatever is the matter with you supporters?

C''mon...."Let''s be ''avin you!"

Will brilliant chants like "If you hate Ipswich clap your hands" being started it''s no wonder you think the crowd was dull. Ipswich were 300 miles away being spanked by QPR.

Whenever Kick it Off was started it got the whole stand going. That and the bloody ballboy.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I felt that the atmosphere at half-time last week against Barnsley, when the club announcer welcomed our majority shareholder onto the pitch for her to carry out the ambassador draw, was very subdued.....In fact, I don''t recall a ripple of applause from anywhere in the stadium when Delia was announced onto the pitch (and that includes no applause when she left it).....?

[/quote]That''s been the case for the last three years, as far as I can recall.Much of it to do with half the crowd putting money into the club via pie and coffee sales.The rest of it to do with apathy.

I was there sitting in the back rows and i have to admit, i was rather dis-appointed with alot of the fans, dont get me wrong the back few rows sang non stop untill the end, but there was hardly any noise coming from the rest of the fans and people leaving the second they sink their 3rd was ridiculus, sorry but as an away trip i did expect alot more im afraid, hopefully after a few more successfull away trips the noise and loyalty and pride to stay untill that final whistle blows shall return haha.