Sign in to follow this  
barclaybabe

two months in

who couldnt be happier with our position right now? and the way we are playing home and away?

Paul Lambert is doing a fantastic job right now, and as long as we stay grounded aswell as him and the players, i think we could do pretty damn well this season.

we are expected to get defeats but as long as we do what we are doing right now, i cant possibly rule out a dream trip to wembley with norwich!!!!

I''m delighted with the way we''ve started.

At Forest a few weeks back I felt almost teary because the way we were playing - it was THAT good!

Last year - as amazing as our bounebackability was- in league 1 was of course our lowest position for 50 years and of course that was preceded by a terrible season prior to that.

We have a manager and a team of good players who want to play for us and a chief executive who is running the club with football at prime importance.

It feels as though we have our football club back- not ''little old Norwich City FC who went down to league one with a wimper'' but ''Norwich City FC who learnt from their mistakes and came back from the brink bigger stronger and better than ever''.

OTBC!

you couldnt of summed it up even better.

our club has come such a long way, i knew there was light at the end of the tunnel. just had to ride the storm first.

but yeah 4th after what we have gone through, its brilliant!!!

Quite pleased so far, though despite being a season ticket holder I''ve had to miss the last two home games due to weddings. It means I''ve actually got an impressive record of being at all three Norwich games we haven''t won this season (Watford, Forest and Doncaster) and missing all four we have won! Bad news is I will be at Carrow Road on Saturday and Tuesday!

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]Quite pleased so far, though despite being a season ticket holder I''ve had to miss the last two home games due to weddings. It means I''ve actually got an impressive record of being at all three Norwich games we haven''t won this season (Watford, Forest and Doncaster) and missing all four we have won! Bad news is I will be at Carrow Road on Saturday and Tuesday![/quote]

Before anyone else does.........

Noooo, don''t go!

If somebody would have said after the Watford match that we would win 4 and draw 1 of the next six games I would have thought they were mental!. What it does prove however is that we have learned quicly after that error strewn evening both tactically and from a team selection point of view.

[quote user="barclaybabe"]

our club has come such a long way, i knew there was light at the end of the tunnel. just had to ride the storm first.

[/quote]At the end of the day we always knew the step up would be tough and anything better than mid-table would be a bonus.  Having said that, we''ve hit the ground running after our first game reality check, and we''re punching above our weight now.  If we can keep the ball rolling then we''ll be a tough nut to crack and might yet reach the land of Milk and Honey that is the Premier League.

[quote user="Mr. Chops"][quote user="barclaybabe"]

[/quote]At the end of the day we always knew the step up would be tough and anything better than mid-table would be a bonus.  Having said that, we''ve hit the ground running after our first game reality check, and we''re punching above our weight now.  If we can keep the ball rolling then we''ll be a tough nut to crack and might yet reach the land of Milk and Honey that is the Premier League.[/quote]That''s the sort of blue sky thinking that really floats my boat. I like the cut of your jib & the nub of your gist. At this point in time the word on the street is that Lambert will leave no stone unturned to embiggen his ball park envisionment splurge waffle bloop.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Mr. Chops"][quote user="barclaybabe"]

[/quote]At the end of the day we always knew the step up would be tough and anything better than mid-table would be a bonus.  Having said that, we''ve hit the ground running after our first game reality check, and we''re punching above our weight now.  If we can keep the ball rolling then we''ll be a tough nut to crack and might yet reach the land of Milk and Honey that is the Premier League.[/quote]That''s the sort of blue sky thinking that really floats my boat. I like the cut of your jib & the nub of your gist. At this point in time the word on the street is that Lambert will leave no stone unturned to embiggen his ball park envisionment splurge waffle bloop.[/quote]Hear what you''re saying.  The Christmas and New Year period will probably be make or break for our season.  We could find ourselves riding high and generating momentum, or we could go off the boil and sink into mid-table obscurity.  It''s a long road ahead with many twists and turns, and we''ll go up some ladders and down some snakes but the boys have gelled pretty well so far and we shouldn''t fear anyone in this league with the way we''re playing.

Interviewer

From the plastic arts we turn to football. Last night in

the Stadium of Light, Jarrow, we witnessed the resuscitation of a great

footballing tradition, when Jarrow United came of age, in a European

sense, with an almost Proustian display of modern existentialist

football. Virtually annihilating by midfield moral argument the now

surely obsolescent catennachio defensive philosophy of Signor Alberto

Fanffino. Bologna indeed were a side intellectually out argued by a

Jarrow team thrusting and bursting with aggressive Kantian positivism

and outstanding in this fine Jarrow team was my man of the match, the

arch-thinker, free scheming, scarcely ever to be curbed, midfield

cognoscento, Jimmy Buzzard.

Buzzard

Good evening Brian.

Interviewer

Jimmy, at least one ageing football commentator was

gladdened last night by the sight of an English footballer breaking free

of the limpid tentacles of packed Mediterranean defence.

Buzzard

Good evening Brian.

Interviewer

Were you surprised at the way the Italians ceded midfield dominance so early on in the game?

Buzzard

Well Brian... I''m opening a boutique.

Interviewer

This is of course symptomatic of a new breed of

footballer as it is indeed symptomatic of your whole genre of player, is

it not?

Buzzard

Good evening Brian.

Interviewer

What I''m getting at, Jimmy, is you seem to have

discovered a new concept with a mode in which you dissected the Italian

defence, last night.

Buzzard

(pauses for thought) I hit the ball first time and there it was in the back of the net. (smiles and looks around)

Interviewer

Do you think Jarrow will adopt a more defensive posture for the first leg of the next tie in Turkey?

Buzzard

(confidently) I hit the ball first time and there it was in the back of the net.

Interviewer

Yes, yes - but have you any plans for dealing with the free-scoring Turkish forwards?

Buzzard

Well Brian... I''m opening a boutique.

[quote user="barclaybabe"]

but yeah 4th after what we have gone through, its brilliant!!!

[/quote]

Loving the clichés, bb!  

But we always need to look for light in a dark corner.

And McNally is a storm rider alright.

[:P]

Very happy indeed although i feel we are in a slightly flattering position with lady luch going our way in the wins against both Swansea and Barnsley. What is clear though is that this is a very tight league with possibly the exception of QPR who may well run away with it. We are a difficult side to beat and i susspect with our strikers finding it harder to score one league up that most of our wins may be by the odd goal

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Very happy indeed although i feel we are in a slightly flattering position with lady luch going our way in the wins against both Swansea and Barnsley. What is clear though is that this is a very tight league with possibly the exception of QPR who may well run away with it. We are a difficult side to beat and i susspect with our strikers finding it harder to score one league up that most of our wins may be by the odd goal[/quote]At the end of the day, a win is a win.  If we win our home games and continue to pick up points away from home then we should be in the mix come April.

I think it''s too early to draw too many conclusions. You can only beat what''s in front of you, and while I accept we haven''t played the QPRs and Cardiffs yet, the fact that we are building a head of steam before doing so should be helpful. I''m not too worried about the strikers at this point, either. I''m much happier to be creating and missing chances than I would be if we weren''t making many. Holt has clearly struggled with his fitness, but will hopefully benefit from his goal on Saturday, Martin is a class act and we should have goals in midfield from Hooly, Crofts and Surman.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Holt has clearly struggled with his fitness, but will hopefully benefit from his goal on Saturday.....[/quote]Does scoring a goal make him fitter Beau? [:^)][;)]

[quote user="Mr. Chops"][quote user="barclaybabe"]

[/quote]

At the end of the day we always knew the step up would be tough and anything better than mid-table would be a bonus.  Having said that, we''ve hit the ground running after our first game reality check, and we''re punching above our weight now.  If we can keep the ball rolling then we''ll be a tough nut to crack and might yet reach the land of Milk and Honey that is the Premier League.

[/quote]

Even the odd occasion of us getting no points this season the teams that we have played have had a shock, and I''m sure we will be feared by many, and watched by many a scout this term, have a feeling we will be seeing one or two make the international call ups, Bring it on lads, My £50 is on automatic promotion.  

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Beauseant"]Holt has clearly struggled with his fitness, but will hopefully benefit from his goal on Saturday.....[/quote]Does scoring a goal make him fitter Beau? [:^)][;)][/quote]

The sprint to the fans was faster than anything he managed against Barnsley, Lapp![;)]

Just think back to the evening of 8th August 2009 when we had just played out first game at the third level for nearly 50 years.....If anybody had said that just over 13 months later we would not only have bounced straight back to the Championship, but also that people would be talking about us as genuine contenders in this league - well you would have taken that, wouldn''t you?