Sign in to follow this  
Talk Show Host

This 'Huckerby's Boots' site...

I don''t mean to offend the designers/web team of Huckerby''s Boots, but that site is the worst website I''ve ever had the displeasure of viewing. It''s straight out of 1999.

I''m not knocking the content within it, but the presentation is woeful.

Maybe you could use another website designing site?

Still, it''s better than WOTB...

Worst website, but better than WOTB? doesn''t work....therefore you point is invalid :P

anyway, the design is a personal opinion isn''t? Some people might love it...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Worst website, but better than WOTB? doesn''t work....therefore you point is invalid :P

anyway, the design is a personal opinion isn''t? Some people might love it...[/quote]

You know what I mean...

But yeah, some people might have a ''dated website fetish'', and if so, Huckerby''s Boots is for them. For people who have fully working eyes however, not so much.

Don''t see why you feel the need to make a topic about it.. If you don''t like it, don''t go on it. Clearly the guy that''s done it enjoys doing it.

[quote user="Talk Show Host"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Worst website, but better than WOTB? doesn''t work....therefore you point is invalid :P anyway, the design is a personal opinion isn''t? Some people might love it...[/quote] You know what I mean... But yeah, some people might have a ''dated website fetish'', and if so, Huckerby''s Boots is for them. For people who have fully working eyes however, not so much.[/quote]

Huckerby''s Boots always were a bit old school though! [:p]

Anyway, I quite enjoy using the site, keep it up.

[quote user="Darren Lamb"]

[quote user="Talk Show Host"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Worst website, but better than WOTB? doesn''t work....therefore you point is invalid :P anyway, the design is a personal opinion isn''t? Some people might love it...[/quote] You know what I mean... But yeah, some people might have a ''dated website fetish'', and if so, Huckerby''s Boots is for them. For people who have fully working eyes however, not so much.[/quote]

[/quote]

asics testimonials!!!!!![H]

[quote user="Adam NCFC"]Don''t see why you feel the need to make a topic about it.. If you don''t like it, don''t go on it. Clearly the guy that''s done it enjoys doing it.[/quote]

I wouldnt go that far!

I actually agree with the OP, the site isnt great, but thats what you get for free from an amatuer!

Quite ironic actually as im in the process of designing a new site, which should be ready soon.

[/quote]

Cheers Darren glad u like it, lovin the avatar too, assume you are aware whats on Sky1 thursday night?

I''ve criticised the site myself for similar reasons - it''s a flash site, and therefore, one I''ll never visit regularly. Shame, as I''m sure the content probably isn''t as bad as the site itself...

[quote user="Darren Lamb"]Yes, can''t wait to see it! Really got into Karl Pilkington over the last year, did you see the preview show?[/quote]

Yes mate caught it on YouTube, have you got all the podcasts and xfm shows? (tried to pm you to not annoy the forum police but didn''t know how to)

Of all the NCFC websites/blogs, this is the one that matters least as far as what it looks like. It is there to be heard not seen.

Hope these guys carry on with it. At least they are attempting to bring something different to the party.

[quote user="aitch"]Of all the NCFC websites/blogs, this is the one that matters least as far as what it looks like. It is there to be heard not seen.

Hope these guys carry on with it. At least they are attempting to bring something different to the party.[/quote]Granted it''s not like something that BBH have turned out, but second the lad who said let''s see your efforts, so that we can all marvel at why your opinion on the matter is so valid??!!

I''m only on the Pink Un site.... so don''t bother with any other.

[quote user="ZiggyPiggy"][quote user="aitch"]Of all the NCFC websites/blogs, this is the one that matters least as far as what it looks like. It is there to be heard not seen.

Hope these guys carry on with it. At least they are attempting to bring something different to the party.[/quote]Granted it''s not like something that BBH have turned out, but second the lad who said let''s see your efforts, so that we can all marvel at why your opinion on the matter is so valid??!![/quote]

Perhaps my opinion isn''t valid Ziggy Piggy. Just trying to encourage some City fans who are trying to be different. Sounds like you are blaming me for the OP.

And if you are that interested in seeing my efforts you only have to click on the weblog link at the bottom of the post. Not in the BBH class though, no doubt.............

[quote user="Epic Beard Man"]Can the OP provide a link to his own site for comparison? It would be nice to know what a proper website should look like.[/quote]haha, good effort..

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]I''m only on the Pink Un site.... so don''t bother with any other.[/quote]Cmon Cluck, give us a go, you never know you might like it!

[quote user="aitch"]Of all the NCFC websites/blogs, this is the one that matters least as far as what it looks like. It is there to be heard not seen.

Hope these guys carry on with it. At least they are attempting to bring something different to the party.[/quote]Cheers Aitch, ''different'' is something ive always been, since my first days at school in fact..

[quote user="Talk Show Host"]Just so everyone knows, I love the content within the site, just not as keen on the looks.

Keep it up.[/quote]Your backtracking now Talk Show!! At least stick to your guns boy!!New look site will be up soon anyway, hopefully youll prefer it!

Yeah, always listening to the podcasts and XFM stuff, heard about their new sitcom ''Lifes too short'', not sure when thats out though.

[/quote]yeh did see has Warwick Davis in, Merchant and a dwarf has comedy gold written all over it..