Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Sir Alex. Family huddle or sniffing around?

''Preston boss Darren Ferguson was beginning a touchline ban and his father, Sir Alex, was watching from the directors’ box.'' David Cuffley''s match report.

If he was sniffing around who do you reckon he was running the rule over?

My hunch? Given Man United''s shortcomings this season so far, I reckon either Korey Smith and/or Wes Hoolahan.

What say you?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

''Preston boss Darren Ferguson was beginning a touchline ban and his father, Sir Alex, was watching from the directors’ box.'' David Cuffley''s match report.

My hunch? Given Man United''s shortcomings this season so far, I reckon either Korey Smith and/or Wes Hoolahan.

What say you?

OTBC

[/quote]Keep Rooney away from Delia.

He was at their match against Burnley last week too.  It''s pretty obvious he''s goes to support his son and help him when he can./Thread

What say you?

OTBC

[/quote]

Probably just supporting his son.

No chance would he be interested in Hoolahan.

The only 2 he''d be interested in would be possibly Chris Martin (not very likely given Man U''s strikeforce), definitely Korey Smith.  I firmly believe Korey will play for a top side and will be a future international.

But why would Sir Alex wait until now to watch some of our players.  He can''t sign anyone until January, surely they would have looked in the summer and would Sir Alex be the one who would do the scouting?   

Help his son out?......Not helping much, is he.....

"Hey Pop, thank you for coming to give me some mutual support....without your help, we wouldn''t be bottom of the league".....

How can you seriously say that Sir Alex Ferguson came to watch his son''s team play Norwich to scout Wes Hoolahan!?!?  Korey Smith maybe because he is young and is a great prospect but Hoolahan!  Hoolahan is an average to lower quality Championship midfielder IMO and is definately, 100% not Manchester United material.

He was watching his son''s team play and if someone caught his eye then that is a bonus for him.

Sir Alex was probably hoping to share a few bottles of red vino-collapso in the Preston boardroom with our Delia....

"Clear off Wynny....me an'' your wee missus are gonna get wasted!"

"Yesh Alesh....lesh gesh lashed!" 

More likely he was keeping an eye on the two Manure players on loan at Preston.

It''s not always about us you know!

Sir Al cut me up at the lights outside the ground on the way home. Then gave me a stare that he normally reserves for Wenger. Boozy-faced twonk.

[quote user="Penfold"]More likely he was keeping an eye on the two Manure players on loan at Preston.

It''s not always about us you know![/quote]This would be more logical, however...They were both stretchered off last week, and I don''t think they played today. But then again, the only Preston player I actually noticed today was Parkin, as he''s proper fat.

[/quote]Lappin >>> RonaldoHolt >>> RooneyHoolahan >>> Cantona

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Help his son out?......Not helping much, is he.....[/quote]Didn''t he also phone Gunny to give him advice and wish him well. 

Can someone ask Lambert to block numbers from Manchester.

He watched a lot of Peterborough games when junior was there so I would not read to much into it.

It was...

[8] Antoneee, Macnameee,
Smudge says he''s the new Giggseee.
With a knick-knack, paddy whack,
Give a dog a bone,
He got Fergie on the phone. [:S]

Lambert kept him under wraps though[H]

[;)]

And I thought this was the most obvious windup I''ve seen on these boards, but no some of you have bitten. Well done BBB.

If he wasn''t aware of Smith before yesterday, he might be now!

If Korey keeps up the sort of form he has been showing early on, then, by the time the transfer window opens in January, there will be some gossip linking him with other clubs.

He will go onto bigger things, am sure of it.

[quote user="thirdlion v2"]And I thought this was the most obvious windup I''ve seen on these boards, but no some of you have bitten. Well done BBB.
[/quote]

Er, no.

[quote user="TomTitpotatoharvester.net"]

[quote user="thirdlion v2"]And I thought this was the most obvious windup I''ve seen on these boards, but no some of you have bitten. Well done BBB.
[/quote]

Er, no.

[/quote]

You''re right to hesitate, Tit, because you stumbled on the answer!!! Drum roll............

The OP can be taken either way ...................it''s all in the eye of the beholder.

[:P]

One love.

OTBC

I rate Korey Smith and believe he''ll eventually play Premier League football but he''s absolutely nowhere near that level yet, as a midfielder he harries opposition and gets up & down but for a Premier League club to come in for him he needs to be able to take control of a game and dictate things, he doesn''t do this yet. The 1 player I believe we have at the moment who can possibly step up a level at present is Chris Martin, great finisher, touch and footballing brain as well as the self belief to move up.

This thread is pure genius....I recon that Fergie is perhaps looking at a swap deal involving Rooney and plus 20m heading your way?Or perhaps United simply couldn''t afford such a top class player who never gets muscled off the ball and is taking the league by storm this season...