Sign in to follow this  
rondy

SURMAN

Hi,Have been away for a few weeks and have just seen that Surman got injured against Barnsley - can anyone tell me what sort of injury it was, how bad, it was and when we can expect to see him back.. Am very disappointed by this news as I was at the Forest game and he seemed to be settling in well and had a very good game. Shame for him and for us, though glad to hear by all accounts Lappin had a very good game at Preston..cheersOTBC

Didn''t get injured in the Barnsley game mate ... apparently it was done in training on the previous Tuesday.  The diagnosis doesn''t sound too good with Lambert suggesting he''ll be out for at least 2 months, although as far as I''m aware there''s been no official statement.

Shame though because the guy had just started to show his real potential ... the official line is that it''ll provide an opportunity for someone else (Lappin in fact) but bit of a blow really given the pivotal part he was starting to play in the side.

But ... we''re still fourth and only one point behind that lot ... so plenty to look forward to!

OTBC

Certainly missed him against Donny where we had possession but didn''t use it - Surman I am sure would have found the pass to give the others space.  Alternatively as has been mentioned, getting the ball out to Lappin out wide also gives us an outlet when using the diamond.  Both Surman and Lappin give us the ability to find time and space thus putting pressure on the opposition - something that we missed agaisnt Donny.

Why has there been no official line on this as I would like to see a come back date from him and it is kind of annoying that there has been no news on this injury..... Just questions really. Valencia goes out for United and we get minute by minute updates and return dates. I just dont get our secrecy to our own fans!

I have a feeling he might be back before the two months that was spouted, get the feeling Mr Lambert throws out the very worst scenario, just a guess but everything crossed, that boy has such potential.

Agree''d looks top draw..... I know its a step up and we needed that extra quality but I have real faith and belief in a lot of the squad. Moving off topic some of the people that have gone, notably doc and spillane I felt a little gutted about but in a Gunnesque turn of events deep down know it is for the best.

Back on topic lets hope Surman is back soon... and wish him a speedy recovery!