Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Commander Tilson of the nCIsA

Commander Tilson of the nCIsA is standing down as chairman and committee member after what must be nigh on 15 years of active service. This is a thread where hopefully posters, if they wish, can show their appreciation for that without getting involved with the wider issues and implications for NCISA. Which is what I believe the original thread posted by The Butler intended to do.

I have never been a member of NCISA and haven''t always agreed with the stand they have taken over certain issues. But even as a non-member I do have reasons to be grateful to Tilly for his time as commander of nCIsA. He has always supported Rays Funds for FONCY as have the NCISA Committee. He also helped set up an open meeting at St Andrews Hall after our relegation season. As it happened I guess this meeting didn''t change much but what it did do was give fans like me a chance to express themselves at a time of great disappointment. Without it we would have gone through that summer full of frustration. It was a meeting that Tilly handled extremely well. All credit to him for the way hundreds of angry and unhappy fans managed to have an orderly and productive meeting.

I am grateful for these things and many more. As yellowhammer suggested on the other thread I think Commander Tilson should be allowed to keep the italics. Because he will still be on here as a City Fan and I''m sure will have plenty to say.

As a non-member I would like to thank him for his years of service to the NCISA - he will be a hard act to follow. As I said in the other thread - For me nCIsA without Commander Tilson will be like The Bill when Burnside left.

It never was quite the same was it?

Thanks Tilly for 15 years of distinguished service on behalf of fans who otherwise may not have been heard.  These days just about anyone with a keyboard can form a group of some sort, but in 1995 it wasn''t that easy.  No doubt you''ve enjoyed the many hours of community service, but thanks for taking the time all the same.Lock up your aunties norfolk, The "magnet" has more time on his hands... [;)]

I read about John on here long before I met him and wasn''t sure what to expect. The fact is that he''s a smashing bloke who lives and breathes City and is always great company, and his efforts on behalf of NCISA speak for themselves, and I agree with Nutty''s point about hsi chairmanship of the St Andrews Hall meeting. With tensions running high, and differences of opinion abounding, John steered the meeting with great aplomb and ensured that all who wished to speak got the chance to do so.

Hopefully he won''t also be resigning as captain of Team FM, as the prospect of Smudger taking over in that role is too gruesome to contemplate!

Is it true that John intends to devote himself to his other great passion, the Womens Liberation Movement, for whom he has always demonstrated such fervent support?

Thanks Tilly for all your hard work, it has been much appreciated [:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I read about John on here long before I met him and wasn''t sure what to expect. The fact is that he''s a smashing bloke who lives and breathes City and is always great company, and his efforts on behalf of NCISA speak for themselves, and I agree with Nutty''s point about hsi chairmanship of the St Andrews Hall meeting. With tensions running high, and differences of opinion abounding, John steered the meeting with great aplomb and ensured that all who wished to speak got the chance to do so.

Hopefully he won''t also be resigning as captain of Team FM, as the prospect of Smudger taking over in that role is too gruesome to contemplate!

Is it true that John intends to devote himself to his other great passion, the Womens Liberation Movement, for whom he has always demonstrated such fervent support?

[/quote]

Well said - he chaired that meeting at St Andrews very well

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Well said - he chaired that meeting at St Andrews very well[/quote]After fifteen years service all you can say is "he chaired one meeting very well". Wonderful tribute from a fellow committee member! [:S][;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Well said - he chaired that meeting at St Andrews very well[/quote]After fifteen years service all you can say is "he chaired one meeting very well". Wonderful tribute from a fellow committee member! [:S][;)][/quote]

Don''t be picky Lappin, Tangy was just agreeing with a previous poster that he chaired that meeting particulary well, which he did do.

who are the candidates to succeed him?I heard it was First Wiz, Smudger  and Wrathsajoke.

Master Fanny Magnet as he likes to be called has commited many hours to NCISA over the years recieving flak from many sides i would imagine and in my humble opinion has done a cracking job.

Will be sorely missed although perhaps he can now dedicate his time 100% to the good lady folk of Narfolk!?!?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Your not wrong on that one!

Guess we''ll have to change his name to Commander Fanny Magnet now [:)]

Well done Tilly. A good job done and you will badly and sadly missed.

I have only viewed your efforts mostly from afar but you have taken a few knocks during your tenure and behaved in the manner that only an ex copper can.

Unless your an ex copper like me and a few efforts of physical retaliation could have been on the menu!!

Well done Sir!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Well done Tilly. A good job done and you will badly and sadly missed.

I have only viewed your efforts mostly from afar but you have taken a few knocks during your tenure and behaved in the manner that only an ex copper can.

Unless your an ex copper like me and a few efforts of physical retaliation could have been on the menu!!

Well done Sir![/quote]Bobbitualisation is indeed cruel........

I have also had the pleasure of meeting Tilly and can also confirm what a nice bloke he is. Good on ya John for putting up with all the years of flack.

It''s just a shame he insists on drinking that stuff Nutty serves him up.[;)]

I would like to thank Commander Tilson for putting himself in the firing line when a great many of us wouldn''t of.

Davo

I would like to add my thanks, thats what the first thread was about.

John has done a stirling job in a position he did not,surprisingly, want in the first place.

He has dedicated a lot of time and effort and put up with a lot of abuse for the ultimate benefit, as he saw it ,of the NCFC fans.

He deserves all the accolades he gets.

[quote user="The Butler"]

I would like to add my thanks, thats what the first thread was about.

John has done a stirling job in a position he did not,surprisingly, want in the first place.

He has dedicated a lot of time and effort and put up with a lot of abuse for the ultimate benefit, as he saw it ,of the NCFC fans.

He deserves all the accolades he gets.

[/quote]Awwwww....... I thought it was quite good fun once we''d got past the boring bit.

[quote user="Mr. Chops"]Thanks for all your hard work and leadership, John.

Now you can focus on the serious business of finding Truthsama...

[/quote]

I''m surprised that Truthseeker hasn''t appeared to wish Tilly well [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Mr. Chops"]Thanks for all your hard work and leadership, John.

Now you can focus on the serious business of finding Truthsama...

[/quote]

I''m surprised that Truthseeker hasn''t appeared to wish Tilly well [:)]

[/quote]

Or LQ.....Who suddenly appeared after a long absence from this forum - to make just a fleeting visit - and to chip in with a few adverse comments....Before scuttling back, to a ''safe seat''.... 

I would like to add my appreciation to the fine work done by John Tilson on behalf of all the supporters of NCFC.

Fifteen years is a lot of time and effort, selflessly spent, in looking after the best interests our great club and it''s supporters.

John takes a deserved rest and I hope that the next man or woman, whoever takes up the challenge of chairmanship of NCFC, will be inspired by his leadership.

Hopefully one day I will get back to the old country and high on my list of things to do will be to meet up with the many characters who light up this football forum with their wit and insight.