Sign in to follow this  
hucks@dh6.co.uk

Preston Match Report now up on www.dh6.co.uk

its unbelievable and embarrassing that some people on here are so obsessed with other peoples spelling..so many footballers get a journalist to ghost write stuff for them we get our talisman and biggest hero for quite a while giving it a go in his own words and all people are worried about is his grammar its pathetic [:D]

Great stuff, long may it continue! Liking the way the interviews have started out too - with a bit of banter in there.

Just out of interest, did Holty just remember when the times were of the subs etc... Or did he use help? [:P] Can''t imagine him remembering all that!It''s a quality idea to see this from a players perspective. Cheers! [y]

Love it, well done Hucks and an honest match report from Holt in much the same way I saw the game.

It is far better than the match reports I see in the national papers.

think you''ll have about 2-3 weeks to get questions in, the Hucks match reports aren''t done by teachers so not always grammatically 100%, but for insight and content it will be spot on

Hucks

Quality report, good to see analysis from the guys actually on the pitch aswell as your own views Hucks.

Also I had to fight all my schoolboy urges to come over shake your hand and ask for a autograpgh today when I saw you outside Carphone Warehouse in the city centre today Hucks, talking to Chris Martin I beleive, it certainly looked like him? Thought i''d be professional and finish helping the customer pick out a phone however haha.

Spot on Hucks.

Couldn''t give a t oss what his grammar is like or spelling, I think it''s great to get a view from someone who actually played in the game!

I''m guessing some weeks you could get Ruddy to do it whilst he''s spectating from our area!!!! Save that one for when the binners come to town eh??!!

[quote user="Lambo"]

Quality report, good to see analysis from the guys actually on the pitch aswell as your own views Hucks.

Also I had to fight all my schoolboy urges to come over shake your hand and ask for a autograpgh today when I saw you outside Carphone Warehouse in the city centre today Hucks, talking to Chris Martin I beleive, it certainly looked like him? Thought i''d be professional and finish helping the customer pick out a phone however haha.

[/quote]

lol ahhhh the professionalism, well done that man [:)][Y]

I will use my first ever post on here to say what an absolute pleasure it was to read Grant Holt''s report in his own words. Offers a great insight and was just so refreshing to read. Keep this going Hucks. Its very much appreciated.

And just to touch on what’s already been said above, the grammar really doesn’t matter in this case!!!

Hucks, why don''t you get Iwan in as sub-editor? I read the book what he writ and it was grammatically sound and with no spelling mistakes. The guy is equally proficient in Welsh too and that turns the alphabet on its head.

Hucks, maybe you get Lakey or Cuffers to do a non-Archant style match report. Hell, even Sports Desk Pete!

[quote]i''m pretty sure Iwan had a ghost writer, he''s only just done Q & A, i''ll give it a while before i hit him again for a match report[/quote]

Yeah I’m pretty sure it was the lovely Karen Buchanan?? Her of FourFourTwo and Radio Norfolk fame!

Hucks I really like this feature and despite me pointing out that Drury made mistakes as well as Holt I honestly don''t care (I only pointed it out as I have a habit of being fair and if Holty got called out on it so should Drury). Most of the ex-pro''s you get who are writing things for newspapers and other blogs are in the main tedious and boring. It''s certainly unique having match reports from players who are actually on the pitch!

Can I suggest we get a Hucks Meets Gossy AND a Hucks Meets Flem. I have a lot of time for both these players and have some good questions for both, less though for Gossy as I met him a few years back and spent a couple of hours chatting to him.

Davo

If we could get this mentioned on Soccer AM (the whole concept of Hucks writing reports and even asking players to help him out) is something quite unique and if mentioned on the show could obtain some great publicity for Huck''s Trust!

[quote user="Largey"]If we could get this mentioned on Soccer AM (the whole concept of Hucks writing reports and even asking players to help him out) is something quite unique and if mentioned on the show could obtain some great publicity for Huck''s Trust![/quote]

Good idea mate.More publicity can''t be a bad thing[Y]

[quote user="Largey"]If we could get this mentioned on Soccer AM (the whole concept of Hucks writing reports and even asking players to help him out) is something quite unique and if mentioned on the show could obtain some great publicity for Huck''s Trust![/quote]

What a fantastic idea, so who''s gonna start the ball rolling?

Keep up the good work Hucks and dont worry about the spelling and Grammer police on these forums.. im one of the worst for typing errors etc and as long as the message gets out it doesnt matter.Always informative in the match report and enjoyable reading.

I''ll text Karen and ask if she will do your autobiography for Hucks, then maybe I can get a small share of the profits as an agent.

Hucks could spill the beans on Rodent and alike, would be a big seller, certainly locally.

I''m happy to email Soccer AM as well, if lots of people do so they will pick up on it, it''s the kind of thing Soccer AM would mention! Plus Hucks is an ex-Premiership star, it''s not as if he is a lower league journeyman.

I have to say I have gained a whole new respect for Hucks; coming onto a fans forum and mixing it. Sooner or later some goon will take advantage but that cannot deflect from the fact most fans will take it all as a complement.

I know I''m as guilty as anyone of posting the odd wind up or having a rant so I hope players and ex-players can see it in context.

It''s all an excellent bonding exercise.