Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

preston fans happy

[quote] You were obviously looking at yourself in the mirror.[/quote]Playground humour? This message board is rapidly going down the toilet.

t there and i''ll operate the flush[quote user="Superflash"][quote] You were obviously looking at yourself in the mirror.[/quote]Playground humour? This message board is rapidly going down the toilet. [/quote]You wait there and I''ll operate the flush.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Not sure I want to dip my toe in this pond with all the anti-American sentiment here, but can someone explain something to me here?A while back, TFA had said, among other things, that the club''s overhead was too big. One of the many things McNally has done upon taking control was, in fact, cut the overhead. Is it me, or is TFA patting himself on the back by being "right" merely by having pointed out that our club with excessive debt needed to cut overhead?  Isn''t that akin to claiming credit for Norwich''s on-field success by having said "we need to score more goals than our opponents?"[/quote]No because at the time tangie was saying this the old trout was still intent on wasting money left , right and centre.It was only when a competent commercial manager was put in charge that the cost base started to be adressed as well as dumping double quick the trout''s appointed manager who she rewarded for relegation with a new contract.Interesting how we never heard from her last season but now she is on the radar again. Hopefull she''s learned that she is incompetent at running a  football club and will continue to leave it to McNally and Bowkett.

[quote user="crafty canary"]t there and i''ll operate the flush[quote user="Superflash"][quote] You were obviously looking at yourself in the mirror.[/quote]

Playground humour? This message board is rapidly going down the toilet.
[/quote]

You wait there and I''ll operate the flush.
[/quote]

With your experience in what you personally generate, Crafty, I nominate you as Chief Flusher. Can we have a seconder?

You only sing when your winning!

Tangie, Carrow, crafty etc where were you when Preston''s lower cost base was shown to be from not paying their taxes? c.f. the winding up order they got served with.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Not sure I want to dip my toe in this pond with all the anti-American sentiment here, but can someone explain something to me here?

A while back, TFA had said, among other things, that the club''s overhead was too big. One of the many things McNally has done upon taking control was, in fact, cut the overhead. Is it me, or is TFA patting himself on the back by being "right" merely by having pointed out that our club with excessive debt needed to cut overhead?  Isn''t that akin to claiming credit for Norwich''s on-field success by having said "we need to score more goals than our opponents?"
[/quote]

Re the cutting of the overhead - please note that some time ago I pointed out that what I call the rump of the overheads needing cutting as Preston ran their club for £10m less than us at the time.  I wasn''t going to say anything about McNally proving me right until the usual suspects (T, Yankee Canary) tried to have a go at me on this and another thread.  Therefore defending oneself is not an unreasonable act and in doing so referring to McNally actions is justified. 

In the words of Lord Sugar, if you think the cutting of the overheads was bleeding obvious then why didn''t the club do it many seasons ago?

As for anti American sentiment, would you want Sarah refudiate Palin elected to the Presidency?

[quote user="7rew"]You only sing when your winning! Tangie, Carrow, crafty etc where were you when Preston''s lower cost base was shown to be from not paying their taxes? c.f. the winding up order they got served with.[/quote]

Come back when you have an understanding of the Accounts...........

Comeback when you have developed a clue about how to meaningfully compare two objects.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Not sure I want to dip my toe in this pond with all the anti-American sentiment here, but can someone explain something to me here?A while back, TFA had said, among other things, that the club''s overhead was too big. One of the many things McNally has done upon taking control was, in fact, cut the overhead. Is it me, or is TFA patting himself on the back by being "right" merely by having pointed out that our club with excessive debt needed to cut overhead?  Isn''t that akin to claiming credit for Norwich''s on-field success by having said "we need to score more goals than our opponents?"[/quote]

Re the cutting of the overhead - please note that some time ago I pointed out that what I call the rump of the overheads needing cutting as Preston ran their club for £10m less than us at the time.  I wasn''t going to say anything about McNally proving me right until the usual suspects (T, Yankee Canary) tried to have a go at me on this and another thread.  Therefore defending oneself is not an unreasonable act and in doing so referring to McNally actions is justified. 

In the words of Lord Sugar, if you think the cutting of the overheads was bleeding obvious then why didn''t the club do it many seasons ago?

As for anti American sentiment, would you want Sarah refudiate Palin elected to the Presidency?

[/quote]But at the risk of stating another bleeding obvious, until the accounts come out we have no idea whether the overheads have been significantly cut. So far that is just an assumption based on promises.Even non-nerds[<:o)] may find the accounts vaguely interesting this year. All sorts of things to look for:Profit/loss, of course.The figures for turnover, and operating expenses. Also the number of staff at Carrow Road. Is that significantly lower?Has the debt increased? Particularly, have there been more loans from Smith and Jones and Foulger?Have any of the outstanding shares been snapped up?Have the three new directors bought any shares?

Is it just me or is it now more difficult to compare each years accounts with the previous one. They seem to be set out differently and it seems to the untrained eye that it''s possible to move costs around to they''re not directly comparable.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Is it just me or is it now more difficult to compare each years accounts with the previous one. They seem to be set out differently and it seems to the untrained eye that it''s possible to move costs around to they''re not directly comparable.

[/quote]

It''s called creative accounting!!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or evasive accounting??

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or evasive accounting??

[/quote]

Nutty - in last years Annual Report,  the post Balance Sheet events note, netted off the transfer fees paid against those received.  In prior years they had showed a total for the transfer fees paid and a total for the transfer fees received.

Many years ago they use to show what the employees (players) of the club earned above a certain amount and in various bands of pay. A change in the Companies Act stopped all that disclosure.

[quote user="Tangie"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or evasive accounting??

[/quote]

Nutty - in last years Annual Report,  the post Balance Sheet events note, netted off the transfer fees paid against those received.  In prior years they had showed a total for the transfer fees paid and a total for the transfer fees received.

Many years ago they use to show what the employees (players) of the club earned above a certain amount and in various bands of pay. A change in the Companies Act stopped all that disclosure.

[/quote]

Indeed Tangie, and I''m not suggesting any wrong doing. Over the years things change, costs are moved to more relevant places, less detail is used for reasons like you posted. All this to the untrained eye (like mine) makes it difficult to make comparisons.

It''s like you telling Fosters[B] and Taddy[B] apart[;)]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?"]

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Not sure I want to dip my toe in this pond with all the anti-American sentiment here, but can someone explain something to me here?

[/quote]Sarah Palin scares the crap out of me as do the rest of her "Tea Party" cronies.  Most people feel this way but an ineffective Congress under Obama isn''t giving him anything to work with and Obama himself hasn''t wrapped himself in glory this 1st term, much to my chagrin.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

A while back, TFA had said, among other things, that the club''s overhead was too big. One of the many things McNally has done upon taking control was, in fact, cut the overhead. Is it me, or is TFA patting himself on the back by being "right" merely by having pointed out that our club with excessive debt needed to cut overhead?  Isn''t that akin to claiming credit for Norwich''s on-field success by having said "we need to score more goals than our opponents?"
[/quote]

[/quote]

But at the risk of stating another bleeding obvious, until the accounts come out we have no idea whether the overheads have been significantly cut. So far that is just an assumption based on promises.

Even non-nerds[<:o)] may find the accounts vaguely interesting this year. All sorts of things to look for:

Profit/loss, of course.
The figures for turnover, and operating expenses. Also the number of staff at Carrow Road. Is that significantly lower?
Has the debt increased? Particularly, have there been more loans from Smith and Jones and Foulger?
Have any of the outstanding shares been snapped up?
Have the three new directors bought any shares?
[/quote]

Any sign of a ''Black Hole''?......Or, has it since been filled in - since the departure of our previous CE? 

[quote user="7rew"]

Tangie, Carrow, crafty etc where were you when Preston''s lower cost base was shown to be from not paying their taxes? c.f. the winding up order they got served with.[/quote]

Unfortunately you show your lack of knowledge by not understanding the difference between the cost base and how those costs are funded.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But at the risk of stating another bleeding obvious, until the accounts come out we have no idea whether the overheads have been significantly cut. So far that is just an assumption based on promises.

Even non-nerds[<:o)] may find the accounts vaguely interesting this year. All sorts of things to look for:

Profit/loss, of course.
The figures for turnover, and operating expenses. Also the number of staff at Carrow Road. Is that significantly lower?
Has the debt increased? Particularly, have there been more loans from Smith and Jones and Foulger?
Have any of the outstanding shares been snapped up?
Have the three new directors bought any shares?
[/quote]

Any sign of a ''Black Hole''?......Or, has it since been filled in - since the departure of our previous CE? 

[/quote]

Thanks to Bowkett and McNally we managed to negotiate a holiday last season from paying £2.5m in servicing the debt.