Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

preston fans happy

Ask Tangie....he has a full grasp of the Preston economic picture and football achievements compared to Norwich. I wonder if he''s also noted the relative standing of the two clubs at the moment. He''s certainly been awfully quiet on the subject lately, whereas last season he regularly cited Preston as a more effective club than Norwich. 

Here we go, financial insight from a citizen of the country that has given us the credit crunch. Rather like being lectured about the sins of pollution by the world''s biggest polluter. You stick to soccer and leave us to debate football.

[quote user="crafty canary"]Here we go, financial insight from a citizen of the country that has given us the credit crunch. Rather like being lectured about the sins of pollution by the world''s biggest polluter. You stick to soccer and leave us to debate football.
[/quote]

Got hold of the wrong end of the stick again have you Crafty. Hardly surprising given your track record. The point made was not regarding my insight but rather Tangie''s. Now if you are inclined to respond why don''t you stay on point.

Simple maths suggests that assuming £5 x 18000 is £90,000, and when you take into account some of those tickets would be season tickets (lets say 3000, removing £15000), and kids, (lets say 500, removing £2000) suggests the matchday income is probably near to £70,000.That means Norwich, at £30 a ticket would need less that 3000 sales to easily pass their income today. (For an attendance of 23000), which we''ve made every time. In fact, the extra 2000 we normally get on top that would mean an matchday non season ticket income of around £120,000-150,000.And just as point of reference, Man U versus Liverpool is £51 tomorrow. Alex would need to sell less than 2000 tickets to pass his son''s gate.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="crafty canary"]Here we go, financial insight from a citizen of the country that has given us the credit crunch. Rather like being lectured about the sins of pollution by the world''s biggest polluter. You stick to soccer and leave us to debate football. [/quote]

Got hold of the wrong end of the stick again have you Crafty. Hardly surprising given your track record. The point made was not regarding my insight but rather Tangie''s. Now if you are inclined to respond why don''t you stay on point.

[/quote]I''m quite well aware of your attempt to have a snide go at Tangie. The fact that  Tangie was making about PNE was that they were performing better than City on a lower cost base. Th fact that Mr McNally has slashed the cost base at Carrow Road rather proves Tangies point and have you noticed how th club''s performances have improved alongside it. As I say you stick to soccer and leave us to the football!!

[quote user="crafty canary"]Here we go, financial insight from a citizen of the country that has given us the credit crunch. Rather like being lectured about the sins of pollution by the world''s biggest polluter. You stick to soccer and leave us to debate football. [/quote]

[/quote]I''m quite well aware of your attempt to have a snide go at Tangie. The fact that  Tangie was making about PNE was that they were performing better than City on a lower cost base. Th fact that Mr McNally has slashed the cost base at Carrow Road rather proves Tangies point and have you noticed how th club''s performances have improved alongside it. As I say you stick to soccer and leave us to the football!!

Preston knew they weren''t going to make any money yesterday, it was a case of getting people into the ground and then back again in future at the standard prices but a performance and result like that has probably done a bit of damage now.

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="crafty canary"]Here we go, financial insight from a citizen of the country that has given us the credit crunch. Rather like being lectured about the sins of pollution by the world''s biggest polluter. You stick to soccer and leave us to debate football.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m quite well aware of your attempt to have a snide go at Tangie. The fact that  Tangie was making about PNE was that they were performing better than City on a lower cost base. Th fact that Mr McNally has slashed the cost base at Carrow Road rather proves Tangies point and have you noticed how th club''s performances have improved alongside it.

As I say you stick to soccer and leave us to the football!!
[/quote]

....and Norwich are probably performing currently on a lower cost basis than either Hull or Portsmouth. That''s the merry-go-round of football, not financial insight. People like Tangie ( and you apparently ) need to learn that.

Tangie''s analysis was nonsense because he completely ignored a comparison of revenues and the fact that Preston were dependent on player sales and cash injections from the owners to support themselves. The extent to which costs have been reduced other than lower wages associated with league one will only become clear when the accounts are published. What is clear is that Preston, Hull or Preston do not have some miracle better financial model that NCFC overlooked as some were vehmently suggesting. They all spent money that they could not afford from their ongoing operations which has caught up with them. Some people still seem in denial of finacial reality though depite the recession and the number of football clubs in financial difficulty.

Firstly, Portsmouth were not mentioned in my posts about the cost base of football clubs in The Championship.

Secondly my discussion about the difference in the cost base between Preston North End and Norwich accepted that there would be some differences such as some of the catering ops at Carrow Rd that would explain part of the difference in the cost base.

It was the rump of the costs after the explained differences that needed the attention.

THE FACT that McNally and his team have been taking the knife to those costs proves that I am right on this issue.

[quote user="T"]Tangie''s analysis was nonsense because he completely ignored a comparison of revenues and the fact that Preston were dependent on player sales and cash injections from the owners to support themselves. The extent to which costs have been reduced other than lower wages associated with league one will only become clear when the accounts are published. What is clear is that Preston, Hull or Preston do not have some miracle better financial model that NCFC overlooked as some were vehmently suggesting. They all spent money that they could not afford from their ongoing operations which has caught up with them. Some people still seem in denial of finacial reality though depite the recession and the number of football clubs in financial difficulty.[/quote]

And the fact you can spout such utter garbage just shows how lost you were in the debate.  NOBODY said that, they simply pointed out the fact that Preston had been far more successful than us on a far lower cost base.  It is also a fact that cutbacks have been ongoing since the new board took over- as supported by several of their comments such as "loss-making activities won`t be tolerated".  And funnily enough we now don`t seem to need to rely on big player sales to support the playing budget and just look at the progress made on the pitch because of it.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Preston had been far more successful than us on a far lower cost base.

[/quote]I agree our club in the past was run very poorly and costs had spiralled to an unacceptable level but a lot of people have used Preston as an example of a club that is run well and performs well on the pitch but thats not the case. Obviously they had lower costs than us but they''re a far smaller club than us with fewer revenue streams. They had some minor success punching above their weight in recent years but thats because their costs were considerably more than they could afford and they only got by year on year through selling players, there is only so long you can keep selling players like Nugent, McKenna, Agyemang, Hill, Nash, Cresswell and Healy to cover losses and then replace them to continue the cycle.Scunthorpe, Doncaster and Blackpool are clubs that are run properly, they''re not spending beyond their means and with good management are punching above their weight on the pitch, if only more clubs were run like this. Just look at Blackpool this season, they could have gone out and spent £7,8,9 million on players but they''re not prepared to jeopardise the clubs long term future because if they''re then relegated they''ll be unable to cut the additional costs sufficiently enough to prevent spending beyond their means

[/quote]

Now I wonder who would be guilty of such hypocrisy and cant?

Talking of Preston fans, i bumped into a few on the train after the game.

I said to them it was so so quiet from the home fans. To which one said its always like that!! He said Preston fans at home are known to be quiet and low key so for them on Saturday it was ''normal'' to be like that.

One also said that back in the day that if Preston fans knew Finney was not playing, they would simply turn around and not go!

Also poor attendances are to blame on poor results and location.

The likes of Bolton, Blackpool, Blackburn all so very close to PNE.

Puts into perspective in how lucky we are in East Anglia!

[quote user="crafty canary"]Here we go, financial insight from a citizen of the country that has given us the credit crunch. Rather like being lectured about the sins of pollution by the world''s biggest polluter. You stick to soccer and leave us to debate football. [/quote]What the? You insolent little toad.

Tangie''s Signature:

"T: I''ve always said that Tangie has a valid question"

There''s no doubt that, like all of us, once in a while Tangie can ask a valid question. It''s when he attempts to come up with the answers that he gets himself into such difficulties. Why don''t you tell us how well Preston are doing currently Tangie? That should keep your little grey cells occupied for a day or two. Or is this years love affair Blackpool, who will probably be below us next season.

Tangie''s Signature:

There''s no doubt that, like all of us, once in a while Tangie can ask a valid question. It''s when he attempts to come up with the answers that he gets himself into such difficulties. Why don''t you tell us how well Preston are doing currently Tangie? That should keep your little grey cells occupied for a day or two. Or is this years love affair Blackpool, who will probably be below us next season.

[/quote]

How is the Tea Party and Sarah refudiate Palin?

Have a nice day!

Tangie''s Signature:

[/quote]

Hey Cranky Yankee,

I bet Preston still run a tight ship regarding those rump costs I mentioned.

The fact that McNally has taken a knife to our cost base shows that I am right on the

issue.

Enjoy Obama!

[quote]"Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?"Superflash,

You are in denial.

Have a nice day![/quote]

Thanks for that. I''d be inclined to agree, except for the fact that post wasn''t even aimed at you. Cretin.Back to the topic, it''s all very well Preston lowering their ticket prices but it''s still not drawing enough fans inside the ground. This is something we as a club have done very well over the last few years despite our precarious Championship years. Preston have fared much better, yet still can''t attract full houses. This may in part have something to do with their geographical location and the other teams which populate the North West and take most of the potential support, but it''s still surprising that the first ever football league champions struggle with such ax thing as this.

[quote user="Superflash"][quote]"Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?"Superflash,

You are in denial.

Have a nice day![/quote]

Thanks for that. I''d be inclined to agree, except for the fact that post wasn''t even aimed at you. Cretin[/quote]

Superflash,

You were obviously looking at yourself in the mirror. Cretin!

I know that post was aimed at Crafty Canary but my reply was aimed at you.

Have a nice day.

Those people who used Preston and Hull as a stick to beat the club with would like you to replace those two clubs with Blackpool for the time being. Other changes will be announced as and when neccessary.

Thank you.

Not sure I want to dip my toe in this pond with all the anti-American sentiment here, but can someone explain something to me here?A while back, TFA had said, among other things, that the club''s overhead was too big. One of the many things McNally has done upon taking control was, in fact, cut the overhead. Is it me, or is TFA patting himself on the back by being "right" merely by having pointed out that our club with excessive debt needed to cut overhead?  Isn''t that akin to claiming credit for Norwich''s on-field success by having said "we need to score more goals than our opponents?"