Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

who would you rather have

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Ive not seen much of Wickham, can you enlighten me as to what makes him so good? Im not having a go, just interested. I see he only has 4 goals in 29 games.....is that worthy of a move to Arsenal/Spurs?

Is he better than C.Martin?

[/quote]Probably not at present but he has got 4 years on him to develop, to be playing regular Championship football at 16 and impressing suggests you''re more than just a prospect. The star player in his England age group as well, may be wrong but he was Player of the Tournament at the European U17 Championships.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Ive not seen much of Wickham, can you enlighten me as to what makes him so good? Im not having a go, just interested. I see he only has 4 goals in 29 games.....is that worthy of a move to Arsenal/Spurs?

Is he better than C.Martin?

[/quote]

He looks a good prospect at 17, is built like a brick house, has confidence on the ball and from what I''ve heard has a good attitude and has his feet firmly on the ground.

He hasn''t started this season due to injury but my Ipswich friend is convinced that him and Scotland will link up well and get a hatfull of goals. I hope shes wrong [:)]

I know he''s from down the way but he really looks a talent, I think a move to Arsenal etc would be the wrong move for him at the moment as he''s not be played enough and it could hold him back a year or two (a bit like Walcott). Having seem Wickham play he is an exceptional player, comparable to Rooney, he just seems to have the chlichéd football brain, he''s big, strong, got a mean shot and can spot a good ball, he reminds me of Ashton and that is high praise indeed

Even the most biased Norwich fan would have to say Wickham at this moment in time. The guy is absolute class and judging from some of his performances he could really go right to the top. Even though he is 2 years younger he must already be worth a hell of lot more than Smith because top strikers are always at a premium. Those in the know believe that he could partner Rooney up front for England in years to come. But obviously he has a long way to go yet. Dean Bowditch anyone?

But I am delighted we have Korey Smith. He is essential to us doing well this season. Without him in midfield we look a little bit lightweight. But with him and Crofty in midfield I doubt there are many games in which we will lose the battle to play our football. I reckon the guy will at the very least get a crack at Premier League football. After all the money that has been ploughed into the academy it is nice to see us getting some rewards at long last with Chrissy Martin having broken through as well.

we might well get a look at him at carrow road before the derby if he is in the england under 21 side

Would have to be Wickham.

As has been said, again and again, on the thread, he has come in, done it and proved himself at a really early age. There are plenty of footballers about, aged 21, 22, who people speak of "having potential" and impressing, he has done all that already!

Be interesting to see what sort of reception he gets, if he plays for England U-21''s at Carra. Good, I would hope-its England there, not Ipswich-but I doubt it!!!!

They may well get a lot of money for him, but, as long as they are in with a chance of promotion/play offs, he won''t go anywhere, and if they do go up, the very best thing for him would be a season in the Prem with them.

Wickham because clubs are willing to pay silly money for a big lump with good feet, then sell the scum for £8/10m & buy another 2 or 3 players with Korey''s work rate, talent & potential.

"but, as long as they are in with a chance of promotion/play offs, he won''t go anywhere"

Given they are potless, £40m plus in debt with little means to meet the payments - and had to fund incoming players with a massive clear out and sell off this summer I would take Keanes words about selling again in January to mean that they could be selling anyone to bail them out.

Perhaps they could melt down the two statues or flog off some of the 10,000 unused seats at poorman rd instead.

I can''t believe that this is even up for debate...

If your guy is anywhere near as good as Wickham he must be one hell of a player...

As for the references to Bowditch, you can''t compare the two. Wickham is a far more complete player than Bowditch who was just very good on the ball although very lightweight.

Wickham isn''t a finisher yet, but im sure with time he certainly will be...But he has all the other attributes needed...and there is no chance he will be sold in january, despite what sh!ty1st might think...

You can''t compare him to Martin as Wickham has not played at a lower level...Martin managed 17 goals in 42 League one games for a side who was top of the league at the time...He will certainly be tested far more this season and his return of 1 goal from 7 games suggests he''s not finding it quite so easy...

Whilst it''s still early in Wickhams development, the fact that he''s causing so many problems for defence''s at such an early age can only be encouraging...

Ignore this clown, as he reckons we have no proven championship players (genius LOL!), Wes won''t cut it in this Division (two MOTM awards so far), Martin won''t cut it (getting plaudits from all sides) and Holty won''t score (excellent at Preston) and we''re relegation material (sitting nicely at fourth). He''s always on here as he''s obsessed with our views..... funny as I could give two hoots about his :o)

As for this argument, it''s kind of pointless as old fashion cente forwards always go for more than midfielders. I wouldn''t swap Korey for the new Heskey!

[quote user="King Keano"]I can''t believe that this is even up for debate... If your guy is anywhere near as good as Wickham he must be one hell of a player... As for the references to Bowditch, you can''t compare the two. Wickham is a far more complete player than Bowditch who was just very good on the ball although very lightweight. Wickham isn''t a finisher yet, but im sure with time he certainly will be...But he has all the other attributes needed...and there is no chance he will be sold in january, despite what sh!ty1st might think... You can''t compare him to Martin as Wickham has not played at a lower level...Martin managed 17 goals in 42 League one games for a side who was top of the league at the time...He will certainly be tested far more this season and his return of 1 goal from 7 games suggests he''s not finding it quite so easy... Whilst it''s still early in Wickhams development, the fact that he''s causing so many problems for defence''s at such an early age can only be encouraging...[/quote]

I brought up Bowditch. I think it is perfectly the legitimate to compare the two. They are both centre forwards who scored goals in the Ipswich first team at an extremely young age and were subsquently tipped for massive things. I used Bowditch because it just shows the pitfalls which can face a young footballer such as fitness and form. For what it''s worth I have already said Wickham will be a top player.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Boyo"]

Korey though, I think has the potential to be captain of a top, top club.

[/quote]

Out of interest, could you give some examples of the kind of clubs you mean?

[/quote]

Well, when I say ''top, top club'' I mean top, top club and by that I mean Manchester United, Arsenal.  He could either go straight from Norwich to one of these clubs if, we are lucky enough to win promotion some time soon, or if not he could build his way up but, I think he will eventually get there.  I honestly think he will be great.

I know you probably won''t agree with me but I have my own opinion and it''s a very good one of Korey Smith.

[quote user="boyo"]

Well, when I say ''top, top club'' I mean top, top club and by that I mean Manchester United, Arsenal.  He could either go straight from Norwich to one of these clubs if, we are lucky enough to win promotion some time soon, or if not he could build his way up but, I think he will eventually get there.  I honestly think he will be great.

I know you probably won''t agree with me but I have my own opinion and it''s a very good one of Korey Smith.

[/quote]Are you on a wind up?A club like Man Utd would want a world class player to be playing in their midfield, you seriously believe they''d want Korey Smith? I''m yet to see him take control and dictate a game, he''s got a lot of great attributes but running the show from midfield certainly isn''t one.

[quote user="Boyo"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Boyo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well in a way I think it''s good that you do think so highly of him. Our youth players are often overrated (e.g. Spillane) but at least Korey has got something about him.

But, realistically, when you look at it... Cesc Fabregas captains Arsenal, Steven Gerrard at Liverpool, Rio/Vidic/Giggs etc at Utd... I mean these guys are some of the outstanding players in world football in their positions. Surely you can see that Korey Smith isn''t on that level?

It''s not even as if there''s lots of speculation linking him with bigger clubs. Usually if you were to have an exciting teenage midfield prospect he''d be getting linked with moves to bigger clubs but that hasn''t happened with Korey. And I do think that is because he''s a good young player with a bit of potential but not an exceptional talent destined for the top.

Hopefully I''m wrong and he is going to net us £20m when he moves to Old Trafford.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Boyo"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Boyo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well in a way I think it''s good that you do think so highly of him. Our youth players are often overrated (e.g. Spillane) but at least Korey has got something about him.

But, realistically, when you look at it... Cesc Fabregas captains Arsenal, Steven Gerrard at Liverpool, Rio/Vidic/Giggs etc at Utd... I mean these guys are some of the outstanding players in world football in their positions. Surely you can see that Korey Smith isn''t on that level?

It''s not even as if there''s lots of speculation linking him with bigger clubs. Usually if you were to have an exciting teenage midfield prospect he''d be getting linked with moves to bigger clubs but that hasn''t happened with Korey. And I do think that is because he''s a good young player with a bit of potential but not an exceptional talent destined for the top.

Hopefully I''m wrong and he is going to net us £20m when he moves to Old Trafford.

[/quote]

Well said [Y]