Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

who would you rather have

got into a bit of a heated discussion last night with a ipswich fan in the boozer, he was a complete tool but anyway,

korey or wickham????

koreys gonna be a star in years to come, and will go further than wickham in my eyes, even tho i like the looks of wickham,

Err... It''s a tough one because both are great talents and prospects but both are different players so it''s hard to compare.  For us Korey would probably be better because the diamond position suits him down to the ground and he is probably our best midfielder IMO.  We have four good strikers so I don''t think we need another one.  When you then look at Ipswich they have players like Leadbitter and Norris who are both good players who are similar to Korey Smith but then they are a bit short of strikers so they need Wickham.  I think both clubs have the right players if you know what I mean.  Wickham will win you more matches though.

I think both will end up at the same level.  Both England regulars.  Korey though, I think has the potential to be captain of a top, top club.

Another thing I meant to say is that Wickham will leave Ipswich before Korey leaves us.

Sorry it would have to be Wickham, the boy is quality and will pocket the Scum lots of money, shame.

Korey is quality though and he is vital for us and our success.

Has to be Wickham (unfortunately).

Korey is a good prospect but Wickham is a great prospect.

[quote user="Boyo"]

Korey though, I think has the potential to be captain of a top, top club.

[/quote]

Out of interest, could you give some examples of the kind of clubs you mean?

Unfortuanately, it would have to be Wickham. The thing you have to remember, is that Wickham is only 17, and Korey Smith is 19. Two years is a HUGE difference at that age. I mean, when Korey was 17, no one had heard of him, yet Wickham is already playing most games in the championship, and tearing apart defences. Watching the highlights last night though, his composure and finishing could do with some work, but that will surely come by the time he''s 21.

This is nothing against Korey, as, in my opinion, he will become a great player (not that he isn''t one already). However, I think he also needs to work on his finishing, he''s already had a couple of great chances this year that he hasn''t put away. If he adds that to his game, and grabs maybe a goal every 4 or 5 games, he would suddenly become a really top player.

in the brief clips i''ve seen of wickham there seems to be a lot of  the wayne rooneys about him.. if he shares waynes liking for prossies he''ll probably stay at ipswich for life  [:D]

I''d prefer Wickham, unfortunately. Korey is 2 years his senior, and at the age of 16 he made a lasting impression at Ipswich at what was quite a high level to kick off at. On the international stage he''s been one of the highest performing players in his age group in the past year or so, and for someone so young in the game he is unusually strong and mature. I have to admit that i''d be in heaven if this kid played for us. He''s going to go far, and trying my best to disregard my blatant bias, further than Korey in all probability. He has the world at his feet, and as an England fan i bloody well hope he makes the most of that potential, and as a Norwich fan, i hope it''s somewhere far away from here.However Korey is a damn good player, and as an individual he''ll go a long way in the game. This level certainly isn''t beyond him, and if by the age of 23 or 24 he''s played in the Premier League and managed to hold his own, he could one day play for England. I more than welcome his presence here as one of the finest prospects we''ve had come from our academy in awhile.

On a side note Adam Barton of Preston is being tracked by Premier League clubs, boasting a price tag of approximately £2 million. This is only having made 5 appearances, scoring 1 goal in the process.I do realise Barton looked a relatively dangerous player yesterday (probably their best player even), but i''m not convinced he''s half as dynamic, and nor is he nearly as proven as Korey at a very similar age.

It''d have to be Wickham. Binner or not, he''s a superb talent, and has real potential to go onto big things, at the highest level.

Take nothing away from Korey though, he''s a class act and has a big future ahead of him.

"and will pocket the Scum lots of money, shame "

That''s no way to talk of Mr Evans - someone who maybe looking to claw back a bit more money if the nice Mr Clegg (that''s Nick, not Simon) has his way with tax exiles.

ps what happened to that other ''wunderkinder'' Bowditch ?

Wickham - If looking from a completely neutral point of view, the lad looks an awesome prospect and looked about 27 not 17 vs. cardiff...Smith is a great player for us but I see his maximum potential being a mid premierside (e.g. blackburn / fulham / sunderland) where as wickham if he continues could go on to a top 10 premier side (e.g everton, villa, spurs) maybe even right to the top, but it''s to early to tell that

Wickham is carrying far too much weight for a player of his age and will always struggle with injuries throughout his career.

It will be interesting to see if he is capable of making that benchmark 20 goals in a season and if he does whether they can afford to hang on to him.

Wickham is the short answer to your question, but short of a couple of goals for the U21''s he hasn''t really achieved of significanace irrespective of the massively hyped local media attention surrounding him.

"if he shares waynes liking for prossies he''ll probably stay at ipswich for life"

Surely he''d go somewhere else - you know - where they aren''t all dead...?

Excuse me, I''ll just be getting my coat...

Ive not seen much of Wickham, can you enlighten me as to what makes him so good? Im not having a go, just interested. I see he only has 4 goals in 29 games.....is that worthy of a move to Arsenal/Spurs?

Is he better than C.Martin?