Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Simon Lappin

Don''t know if there is a post already designated to the ''King of Spain'', but i have to admit for someone that sits on the wrong side of the Lapin fence, today i am WRONG.  The guy played brilliantly, well done Lapin.Sorry if he''s been mentioned already.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]He should have started on Tuesday. Great attitude and 100 per cent always.[/quote]copy that, we''d ''ve had a better chance!

Lappin? There''s a reason why he ended up playing in more games than anyone last season. I''d pick him every time ahead of McNamee - two quite different players. I like McNamee and the two own goals he''s forced recently shows his usefulness - but he cannot defend as Lappin can and he''s lightweight in comparison. Lappin doesn''t have McNamee''s speed but starting McNamee while defences are still fresh is always a risk in my opinion. Lappin''s corner kicks are every bit as good as McNamee''s and his physical commitment should not be overlooked IMO - after all, we need to prevent the opposition scoring as much as scoring ourselves.It will be a sad day when he finally accepts that "his future lies elsewhere" (as Mr Roeder assured us all).

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]He should have started on Tuesday. Great attitude and 100 per cent always.[/quote]

Here here!

I know hindsights a great thing, but if we''d of played Lappin instead of Mcnamee at Doncaster we''d of been tighter in midfield and defence and therefore would of stood more chance!

Mcnamees better coming on after 70 minutes when the oppositions tiring!

Lappin is a great pro.

When Roeder attempted to bomb him out, he got his head down, worked hard, didn''t make a sound and just waited for his chance.

He isn''t a fancy or flash player, he''s does what he has to do, and does it very well; good left foot, grat at set pieces, committment and a physical presence. Even when Surman arrived, clearly putting his place in the side at risk, he just got on with his job and now looks set for a good run in the side, certainly I would think, over MacNamee. Good on you KOS.

Yes but there is also a reason why he didn''t play. Simon lappin had a brilliant game- he always does after he''s been dropped but then has a few bad games as he gets complacent. There''s no doubt that he gives 100% but his delivery can be terrible after a string of games, but he did brill 2day

The tackle he did in the first half that saw him require treatment was exactly what we need! Best game I''ve ever seen him have 10/10

[quote user="Standard"]The tackle he did in the first half that saw him require treatment was exactly what we need! Best game I''ve ever seen him have 10/10[/quote]Couldn''t agree more. Quality tackle.I think today he was massive for us. He won the ball in the air, his crossing was fantastic. Look forward to the highlights later (if we manage to get more than the goal....) to see all those scrambless off the corners. I think nearly every corner, if not all, we had a Norwich head on it.Lappin was quality today.

Lappin was sensational. Awesome tackling, awesome drive, awesome set-pieces, awesome everything.

As for Russell, didn''t notice he was playing until he started getting stick. Did very little, gave the ball away, fell over a few times, and had a couple of woeful shots - a good performance by his standards in my opinion.

Loved watching player after player go crunching into him during the 2nd half. Put him right in his place!

Crofts is 10 times the player Russell is.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Lappin was sensational. Awesome tackling, awesome drive, awesome set-pieces, awesome everything.

As for Russell, didn''t notice he was playing until he started getting stick. Did very little, gave the ball away, fell over a few times, and had a couple of woeful shots - a good performance by his standards in my opinion.

Loved watching player after player go crunching into him during the 2nd half. Put him right in his place!

Crofts is 10 times the player Russell is.[/quote]Exactly what I said after yesterday. Watching Crofts, compared to Russell, the difference was huge. Crofts was chasing everything, winning headers, good passing, creating, defending... Everything. I had never heard of Crofts before we signed him, but so glad Lambert had!

[quote user="nevermind"]Yes but there is also a reason why he didn''t play. Simon lappin had a brilliant game- he always does after he''s been dropped but then has a few bad games as he gets complacent. There''s no doubt that he gives 100% but his delivery can be terrible after a string of games, but he did brill 2day[/quote]

Yeah cos McNamee''s deliverys are always top quality. I struggle to see how people fail to see McNamee''s failings as a wide player.

haha oh dear get over yourselves.He won two or three headers and one tackle after Drury had already won the last ditch one cleanly in the box before the 50/50 fell to Lappin and the other player who injured themselves in the process on the edge of the box.  Elliot Ward was giving both Drury and Lappin a blast a few times during the first half for their poor defending and picking up the spare men on that side of the pitch.  Yes he also put one or two ok balls in to the box, but to suggest that Lappin was any more than average on Saturday is hysterical nonsense - perhaps brought about in many cases by some of his critics, because he raised his standard from a poor display to an average one?Russell Martin who gets slated however had yet another solid game.As for man of the match, don''t make me laugh.  Without the hard work and quality of Chris Martin, Crofts and Korey then we would''ve been lucky to come away from Deepdale with a point on Saturday.

I would actually rate him ahead of Surman who is not so strong defensively and I notice after losing possession tends to ball watch. Lappin is probably one of the best team players we have and always gives 100%. Is quite a good crosser of the ball but I would agree that corner kicks need to be improved.

[quote user="vos"]I would actually rate him ahead of Surman who is not so strong defensively and I notice after losing possession tends to ball watch. Lappin is probably one of the best team players we have and always gives 100%. Is quite a good crosser of the ball but I would agree that corner kicks need to be improved.[/quote]hahaha I await the day that a club pays over £1 million to secure the services of Lappin... [:$]

Smudger, is your over the top criticism of Lappin just a ruse to deflect from your apparent affection for the man.

If so, it''s alright, you can let your honest expressions come out. Why torture yourself?

January 6th Glasgow Celtic, mark my words Smudger a big bid is on the tarot cards, for some reason every time I see your dear embrace with the KOS I break into a rendition of "just the two of us", well that and the theme tune to Family Ties.

[quote user="Smudger"]haha oh dear get over yourselves.He won two or three headers and one tackle after Drury had already won the last ditch one cleanly in the box before the 50/50 fell to Lappin and the other player who injured themselves in the process on the edge of the box.  Elliot Ward was giving both Drury and Lappin a blast a few times during the first half for their poor defending and picking up the spare men on that side of the pitch.  Yes he also put one or two ok balls in to the box, but to suggest that Lappin was any more than average on Saturday is hysterical nonsense - perhaps brought about in many cases by some of his critics, because he raised his standard from a poor display to an average one?Russell Martin who gets slated however had yet another solid game.As for man of the match, don''t make me laugh.  Without the hard work and quality of Chris Martin, Crofts and Korey then we would''ve been lucky to come away from Deepdale with a point on Saturday.[/quote]You love him Smudge, you know you do.The guy is absolute class. After being frozen out of the team he could''ve moved, but chose to fight on and he''s reaped the rewards ever since. I love the guy. Although I did put a fiver on him to score on the final day of the season, proudly professing to anyone in earshot that today was finally going to be the day he scored. Last day syndrome and all that. I was convinced for instance that if we got a penalty, he''d be encouraged to take it so he could finally get on the scoresheet. Eventually, he got subbed by Lambert. LAMBERT OUT!!Still, a gem. It''s no coincidence Drury plays better with Lappers ahead of him.

[quote user="Smudger"]haha oh dear get over yourselves.He won two or three headers and one tackle after Drury had already won the last ditch one cleanly in the box before the 50/50 fell to Lappin and the other player who injured themselves in the process on the edge of the box.  Elliot Ward was giving both Drury and Lappin a blast a few times during the first half for their poor defending and picking up the spare men on that side of the pitch.  Yes he also put one or two ok balls in to the box, but to suggest that Lappin was any more than average on Saturday is hysterical nonsense - perhaps brought about in many cases by some of his critics, because he raised his standard from a poor display to an average one?Russell Martin who gets slated however had yet another solid game.As for man of the match, don''t make me laugh.  Without the hard work and quality of Chris Martin, Crofts and Korey then we would''ve been lucky to come away from Deepdale with a point on Saturday.[/quote]Cheer up Smudger - your saviour Luke Daley played 45 minutes for the ressies last night [Y]

[quote user="Mr. Chops"][quote user="Smudger"]haha oh dear get over yourselves.He won two or three headers and one tackle after Drury had already won the last ditch one cleanly in the box before the 50/50 fell to Lappin and the other player who injured themselves in the process on the edge of the box.  Elliot Ward was giving both Drury and Lappin a blast a few times during the first half for their poor defending and picking up the spare men on that side of the pitch.  Yes he also put one or two ok balls in to the box, but to suggest that Lappin was any more than average on Saturday is hysterical nonsense - perhaps brought about in many cases by some of his critics, because he raised his standard from a poor display to an average one?Russell Martin who gets slated however had yet another solid game.As for man of the match, don''t make me laugh.  Without the hard work and quality of Chris Martin, Crofts and Korey then we would''ve been lucky to come away from Deepdale with a point on Saturday.[/quote]Cheer up Smudger - your saviour Luke Daley played 45 minutes for the ressies last night [Y][/quote]Yup... still doing better than that Cody McDonald fella hey???