Sign in to follow this  
Lennon7

Is there any latest...

On the Chrissy Martin situation. The only reason I asked is that i''m sure he had a court case on the Doncaster game but he played that night. Hope it''s all being sorted.

I would have thought that as he seems to be a "repeat offender" as Asbo may happen......

Common Assault carries either 6 months imprisonment or a £5,000 fine under the Criminal Justice act. As Chris Martin didn''t attend the trial, i presume that the no-show counts as a guilty plea... Just like Holt''s.

If this is the case, the best we can hope for is a fine of a weeks wages (or thereabouts) or a suspended sentence, with the hope that he''ll stop kicking off...

I doubt he just decided not to turn up....I think he was probably allowed....if he was going to be sent to prison, it would have been done then....hes a footballer, they don''t get real prison sentences....

[quote user="Adam_2010"]Common Assault carries either 6 months imprisonment or a £5,000 fine under the Criminal Justice act. As Chris Martin didn''t attend the trial, i presume that the no-show counts as a guilty plea... Just like Holt''s. If this is the case, the best we can hope for is a fine of a weeks wages (or thereabouts) or a suspended sentence, with the hope that he''ll stop kicking off...[/quote]

I''m sure I read somewhere he pleaded not guillty

From the EDP last week

Norwich City striker Chris Martin is to stand trial after pleading not guilty to assault.

The 21-year-old footballer, who lives in Beccles, was excused from a hearing at Swaffham Magistrates'' Court this morning because of his commitments to the team, which is due to take on Doncaster tonight.

Martin was arrested and charged with common assault in the early hours of Sunday, August 29 following an incident in Wymondham.

His solictor, Dave Foulkes, said Martin denied the allegation and prosecutor Philip Alcock asked for a three-week adjournment.

Martin was bailed on the condition he does not contact the four primary prosecution witnesses and is due to appear before the Swaffham court again on Tuesday, October 5, when a trial date is expected to be fixed.

The footballer struck his first league goal of the season ten minutes from time to seal a 2-1 victory over Barnsley at Carrow Road on Saturday.

Last season he netted 21 goals for the Canaries, finishing second top scorer behind Grant Holt.

Speaking before the hearing, Mr Foulkes said Martin had been excused from appearing "because of this commitments to the football team."

Ah, three week adjournment meaning no guilty plea. My mistake!

Those were just the guidelines that have to be followed. Not sure if it''ll be a slap on the wrist this time though.

We''ll see. Hopefully just a nice fine and the court costs on top.