Sign in to follow this  
Old Shuck

Gill Off To Peterborough

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/peterborough_united/9022545.stm

One month but perhaps the beginning of the end for him as a Norwich player?

Another Gunn signing gone!

Good luck to him[Y]

Actually i thought he put in a couple of solid performances towards the end of the season but his chances are limited this year.

have no problem with this... good luck to the lad is not going to get a chance here and from what I have seen not to bothered about losing his services.

Not too happy on the Posh messageboards. Gill used to play for Posh before he went to Exeter and was average/poor at best. Always thought he did OK for the few times he has played for us though.

Top lad, he''s got a professional attitude whether he''s playing or not.

Not quite got that top notch quality for the championship even if he does look stable in some games so I wish him the best in the championship. Hopefully he can make his mark in a regular first team spot for a league one team.

Saw him play at Bristol Rovers, looked poised, calm, in control and gave good distribution. Hasn''t really had a chance under Lambert, understandably, but perhaps he is a bit lightweight physically to hold his own in the Championship so maybe his level is League 1

I''m not surprised, given our plethora of midfielders, but I think the lad did ok when given a chance last season, and I hope he does well at Posh.

I quite liked him. Never let us down really when he had a chance, and was outstanding against Bristol Rovers.

Still, he''s one of the players we need to shift if we''re going to bring in new players.

Good luck to him. Also seems to suggest Hughes has a future here which I''m happy about.

its a good move, gives him a chance to play and get match fit, just in case he''s needed by us.

PL did talk about Steer going out on loan too, that''s not happened yet has it?

Always did a solid job when called upon last season, particularly in the Millwall home game, I recall we were missing Smith whilst Russell & Hughes both went off injured but he came in and looked, calm & composed, the side looked no weaker.

got full faith in every decision Lambert makes but with Tudor Jones and Adeyemi out on loan and Surman injure, now with Gill going I make it only Fox and McNamee left should we get any more midfield injuries.

Lets hope the golden quartet dont get injured.

Good luck to him.

Seems like he''s a good lad but doesn''t look more than a decent League 1 player.

My first memory, and actually Paul Lambert''s first memory (sitting in the stands), of Gill was at Brentford away. Where we got a Gill & Tudor-Jones masterclass in central midfield....

Showing just how bad we were at the beginning of last season (no control of the central midfield, no ability to turn on the ball, limited chance creation, "tank" pace). The first thing Lambert did when he fully took charge was relegate them to the reserves. And that pretty much sums up his contrabution to our current squad. Good luck to him though.

[quote user="Robornio"]

My first memory, and actually Paul Lambert''s first memory (sitting in the stands), of Gill was at Brentford away. Where we got a Gill & Tudor-Jones masterclass in central midfield....

Showing just how bad we were at the beginning of last season (no control of the central midfield, no ability to turn on the ball, limited chance creation, "tank" pace). The first thing Lambert did when he fully took charge was relegate them to the reserves. And that pretty much sums up his contrabution to our current squad. Good luck to him though.

[/quote]

Lambert''s first memory of Gill would probably have been standing in the visitors dugout as Colchester sliced through our midfield on the opening game of the season !!!

[quote user="Beauseant"]I''m not surprised, given our plethora of midfielders, but I think the lad did ok when given a chance last season, and I hope he does well at Posh.[/quote]

Once again Beau.. you sum up exactly what I was going to say.

To Gill''s credit he was very competant and efficient whenever he got the chance to play under Lambert. However he was never going to get in our starting 11 due to how we were tearing league one apart. Good luck to him and i hope he comes back a better player.