Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Huckerbys Boots - New Look Site

As someone who has a mild experience and understanding of creating websites (at best), i have to say, it looks quite fetching indeed.I hope interest and focus gathers pace, it''s the least you deserve for making the effort to do this.Nice one. [Y]

Looks god, good layout and it isn''t slow to load.However, I feel like a dick, but it really annoys me when people don''t use apostrophes when they''re needed. Especially on the front page of a new website when you want a good first impression. Apart from that good site good work keep it up.

nice and loads quickly for me. Not sure about the font though, whats wrong with good old reliable Helvetica? (Its so good they made a film about it!)

Or maybe a nice bit of Futura? If you want to go a bit crazy that is.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="morty"]Bearing in mind I am on shonky hotel wi-fi in Holland, is it really slow to load?[/quote]answered your own question Morty..[/quote]Not really, as every other website seems to be fine.Which is why I raised the point.

[quote user="John"]As someone who has a mild experience and understanding of creating websites (at best), i have to say, it looks quite fetching indeed.I hope interest and focus gathers pace, it''s the least you deserve for making the effort to do this.Nice one. [Y][/quote]Cheers John, i think it looks better than the original site, it is meant to be a collective effort tho so i need content provided by the fans, so pictures, videos, blogs etc. I am working on new content, we have the podcast every week and we now have people in the players lounge after the games so were hoping to get some interviews with people for the site.Would like to have a blogs page as well with everyones blogs that feature on here, a home for them all rather than lurking somewhere on the pinkun site.

[quote user="scrimmage"]Looks god, good layout and it isn''t slow to load.However, I feel like a dick, but it really annoys me when people don''t use apostrophes when they''re needed. Especially on the front page of a new website when you want a good first impression. Apart from that good site good work keep it up.[/quote]I will change it just for you Scrimmage...

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="scrimmage"]Looks god, good layout and it isn''t slow to load.However, I feel like a dick, but it really annoys me when people don''t use apostrophes when they''re needed. Especially on the front page of a new website when you want a good first impression. Apart from that good site good work keep it up.[/quote]I will change it just for you Scrimmage...[/quote]Ta [;)] I don''t mean to be the gramma police but I think it would make it seem more legit if it is correct.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="morty"]Bearing in mind I am on shonky hotel wi-fi in Holland, is it really slow to load?[/quote]answered your own question Morty..[/quote]Not really, as every other website seems to be fine.Which is why I raised the point.[/quote]Im sure you complained about the loading times with the first site Morty. Nothing i can do about it im afraid.