Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Which opposition player have you given the most grief to...

One of my earliest memories of actually attending Carrow Road, was when a lone voice shouted out ''Even your mother hates you, Muscat''...

That pretty much sums it up.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]My mate threw a pie from Row Q (i believe) and it hit Kieran Richardson. Definitely my favourite story of player grief.[/quote]

I saw that, fantastic, please convey my congratulations to your mate. KR then went on to miss a last minute chance to level the game I seem to remember, Great player, but what a twat.

I enjoyed slagging Hughes off cos he got so wound up... felt like he was always playing for the opposition as he gave the ball to them so often

[quote user="Salford"]My favourite has to be the entire barclay singing "lets all do a marshall"[/quote]

Player of the season.

None, but I would enjoy having a small go at Alan Brazil if ever I were to meet him socially.

His anti-City bias whenever he gets the chance has always annoyed me a lot.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]My mate threw a pie from Row Q (i believe) and it hit Kieran Richardson. Definitely my favourite story of player grief.[/quote]

west brom at home when we were both premming it...tell your mate great shot. I cant remember if it hit his shoulder or hit the turf...bloody good distance from row Q all the same. a funny day all round.

I remember giving it to Pat Van Den Hauwe along with most of the home support v Spurs or Everton in the late 80''s...he''d just munched Fox?/Gordon?/? Really badly..."what’s it like to shag at stick"? (Refering to him currently seeing the bulimic mandy smith) nasty stuff. I know a few people who knew him and thank fook there was barrier inbetween us as apparently he is one double aaard b''stard. He proper got it that day though.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

A. Johnson at the Crystal Palace game near the end of the Prem season, when his outrageous dive earned them a point they didn''t deserve.

[/quote]

Yep, I remember that one too...7k away fans helped with the volume that day.

David Norris when we beat Ipswich 2-0.  The whole Barclay end repeatedly sang "your mate''s a murderer" and he visibly went to pieces and could barely kick the ball straight.  This might not be unusual though.

Muscat trumps even Ip***ch derby day grief imo.  The guy was a thug in football strip.I remember Ian Wright getting some serious stick from yesteryear.  ''Ian Shiite Shiite Shiite'', then he scored and ran along in front of the Barclay with his hand behind his ear making that ''I can''t hear you now gesture''.  Bloody git.

You only have to look at Kevin Muscats ''reputation'' on Wikipedia and that tells you everything....''the most hated man in football''..you get wind-ups like dickov and savage....then you have muscat, a thug

I remember when we played Millwall in the Championship, Hucks missed a pen in a 1-1 draw. Some Matey next to me sat right behind the goal got right in Andy Marshall''s face and called him a "shit c u n t" before a load of other verbal when he came to collect the ball. The look on Andy''s face was amusing.

I remember Jonjo Shelvey getting a decent amount of banter aimed at him last season. After he scored he celebrated in front of the Barclay.....and then when we equalized in the final minute a chant of ''Shelvey what''s the score?'' erupted to his dismay :)

I can clearly be seen on the footage of the Gillingham v Norwich game last year giving grief to Simeon Jackson (my mates love that he now plays for us). My beef wasn''t with him, it was with Curtis (the massive diving sh*t) Weston, not my finest hour at all...my Dad was mortified when I showed him.Having said that, if I were to see him it would be Muscat...C*nt.

Basically Muscat and any Scum player from Ray Crawford to the present day.  However, my favourite of all time was when the whole of the Barclay to a man/woman chanted as loud as any rendition ever of On the Ball City "Paul Ince is a whingeing s**t, Paul Ince is a whingeing s**t, Paul Ince is a whingeing s**t, Paul Ince ...is a whingeing s**t!!!".  Marvellous!

15. Question from Steven Anderson. Iwan if you could re-live the ''incident'' with Kevin Muscat again, would you do anything differently? And how did you feel when the FA decided to ban you for some games after you revealed in your book what you done?

Iwan - No I wouldn''t, as a footballer you know if

someone tries to hurt you on purpose, you know your going to get the

chance later down the line to get him back. The chance came and I took

it, maybe I was a little bit stupid admitting it in my book...

Hucks - Muscat deserved it, he was a hatchett man. Just a thug!

Iwan - Yeah he hurt a lot of people, there was no point me doing the book without telling the truth.

Says it all really.

I seem to remember Andy Marshalls return to Carrow Road with Ipswich being shere hatred. I seem to remember that it had to be engineered that Ipswich defended N and P in the first half and the abuse hereceived throughout that half from the normally quiet was shere hatred. Muscat ran a close second for me but I can never remember thewhole ground abusing him in the same way.

Of course us oldies will also remember hating a player called Trevor Hockey ( god rest his soul ) when he played against us with Sheff Utd, but of course he became a Carrow Rd hero when he pulled on the Yellow and Green. For his size he was hard and his beard just made him look a sheer thug.