Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

Opera/Theatre

I sit in The Barclay, Block E.... Giving it the large one every home game, wanting the Ground to be a cauldron of noise, me and my friends (NHS) then have a lager after the game, then a curry after the Club!!

I sit in the upper Barclay Block A,  just for the view, and to hear the atmosphere, then after the match i go straight home, may have a take-away.. chinese if we have won, because im in a good mood!!

I sit in the Jarrold (South Stand) near the away supporters, dont take much notice of them lager louts, wearing Stone Island, lacoste etc, i just sit there because of the view!! i sing "On the ball city" at the start of the game, but then sit in my seat and Tut at anyone who gets up or blocks my view for 3 seconds, then i go straight home, where my wife has cooked me a fish supper, we then watch the X-Factor, but im secretly waiting for Match of the Day and The Football League Show!!

I sit in the N+P Stand, where i look like a cardboard cut out, after ive had my pack lunch, i look forward to my wifes home cooking, prefer a stew(Lamb) specially in the winter, it warms me through!! im normally in bed by 10pm, ready for my Bell ringing session for the local parrish church first thing sunday morning!!

I sit in the City Stand.. Just to be Near Delia and The Directors, i always leave 5mins before the game finish''s just to beat the traffic, i give Radio Norfolk a call, just to blabber a load of tripe that no one understands, Neil Adams does his best not to lose his temper with me, he just agrees to disagree, i then set off in my new car to the social club, for a swift one, hope the wife does not notice!!

I Sit in the Snake Pit because im Hard as Nails, not the stuff you get from the DIY centres, like mastic, but better!!

I usually sit halfway back in Stalls (ground floor) or the first few rows of the dress circle (first balcony). But these are the most expensive seats. The cheapest seats are normally in the topmost circle, furthest away from the stage – but you can usually see and hear everything. If the opera is not being sung in English, make sure you can see the surtitle screen. The Box Office will be able to tell you if this is the case. Surtitles are an electronic simultaneous translation, which appear above the stage - like subtitles at the cinema for a foreign language film.

Hope this helps[Y]

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

I sit in The Barclay, Block E.... Giving it the large one every home game, wanting the Ground to be a cauldron of noise, me and my friends (NHS) then have a lager after the game, then a curry after the Club!!

I sit in the upper Barclay Block A,  just for the view, and to hear the atmosphere, then after the match i go straight home, may have a take-away.. chinese if we have won, because im in a good mood!!

I sit in the Jarrold (South Stand) near the away supporters, dont take much notice of them lager louts, wearing Stone Island, lacoste etc, i just sit there because of the view!! i sing "On the ball city" at the start of the game, but then sit in my seat and Tut at anyone who gets up or blocks my view for 3 seconds, then i go straight home, where my wife has cooked me a fish supper, we then watch the X-Factor, but im secretly waiting for Match of the Day and The Football League Show!!

I sit in the N+P Stand, where i look like a cardboard cut out, after ive had my pack lunch, i look forward to my wifes home cooking, prefer a stew(Lamb) specially in the winter, it warms me through!! im normally in bed by 10pm, ready for my Bell ringing session for the local parrish church first thing sunday morning!!

I sit in the City Stand.. Just to be Near Delia and The Directors, i always leave 5mins before the game finish''s just to beat the traffic, i give Radio Norfolk a call, just to blabber a load of tripe that no one understands, Neil Adams does his best not to lose his temper with me, he just agrees to disagree, i then set off in my new car to the social club, for a swift one, hope the wife does not notice!!

I Sit in the Snake Pit because im Hard as Nails, not the stuff you get from the DIY centres, like mastic, but better!!

[/quote]I''ve heard of split personalities but sitting in 6 different areas of the ground is a bit much.I sit in the Snakepit because I like the atmosphere and like to shout, sing etc during the game, used to be in the Barclay when it was terracing but it''s not the same in there now, to many people who think they are it but would run at the first sign of trouble (before someone jumps in on that I''m not accusing everyone in the Barclay of being like that).I also go to the theatre when I get the chance, I worked backstage for over 20 years in various theatres throughout the country and can appreciate most types of theatre

Only been to the opera once and that was at the open air theatre in Rome.

The thing that struck me was how everyday Italians went along and enjoyed it dressing casually, some taking their own food, cheering when things went well and had a good time. Just like a football match indeed so maybe the point is relevant.

Good idea Zema we will all go to more opera!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I''m not really that keen on Opera......In fact, I''m not really that keen....on any of those American chat show hosts.....[/quote]

Talk Show Host''s are cool though right?

[/quote]I sit at home in my underpants listening to Chris Goreham''s commentary though I usually fall asleep through the second half because the meds have kicked in.  Then I phone up Canary Call, ask Neil if he''s alright and what''s happening at Colney.  I then spend most of my evening fingering my inner circle.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I usually sit halfway back in Stalls (ground floor) or the first few rows of the dress circle (first balcony). But these are the most expensive seats. The cheapest seats are normally in the topmost circle, furthest away from the stage – but you can usually see and hear everything. If the opera is not being sung in English, make sure you can see the surtitle screen. The Box Office will be able to tell you if this is the case. Surtitles are an electronic simultaneous translation, which appear above the stage - like subtitles at the cinema for a foreign language film.

Hope this helps[Y]

[/quote]

At UCI in Norwich Riverside, you can buy "Gallery" seats which cost more but you can have free tortillas and access to the bar during the film.  However at Ster Century you can only have slightly bigger seats and there is no in-film bar experience.  Also once the film starts you can always move to a more expensive seat if you want to.

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Do most of you go to Football Games, like you do when you go to the Opera/Theatre!!![/quote]You''ve actually asked a very valid question.....Yes.... I think alot of the ''new-age'' Delia inspired spectators do..... and like all West End shows, it won''t run forever.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="zemas tendon"]Do most of you go to Football Games, like you do when you go to the Opera/Theatre!!![/quote]You''ve actually asked a very valid question.....Yes.... I think alot of the ''new-age'' Delia inspired spectators do..... and like all West End shows, it won''t run forever.[/quote]

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="zemas tendon"]Do most of you go to Football Games, like you do when you go to the Opera/Theatre!!![/quote]You''ve actually asked a very valid question.....Yes.... I think alot of the ''new-age'' Delia inspired spectators do..... and like all West End shows, it won''t run forever.[/quote]

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.[;)][/quote]I''d get that if I were you..... sounds like a Corpse Fly to me.

[/quote]

I took my son to see Toy Story 3 the other week.  He spent most of the film changing seats and guzzling fruit shoots - but then he''s 3.  Are you 3?  Cos it sounds like you act like it.....[:$]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="zemas tendon"]Do most of you go to Football Games, like you do when you go to the Opera/Theatre!!![/quote]

You''ve actually asked a very valid question.....

Yes.... I think alot of the ''new-age'' Delia inspired spectators do..... and like all West End shows, it won''t run forever.
[/quote]

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

[;)]
[/quote]

I''d get that if I were you..... sounds like a Corpse Fly to me.
[/quote]

Nah - sounds like a demented canary avatar that wears glasses.  Needs a good swat either way....[;)]

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Do most of you go to Football Games, like you do when you go to the Opera/Theatre!!![/quote]

Yeah valid point actually. Still too many happy clappies and their like at the Carra''. Oh its a throw-in lets all clap!

I will see you in the Snakepit, Zemas!  Bet you''re a Fila man? [;)]

[quote user="Mainline"]

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Do most of you go to Football Games, like you do when you go to the Opera/Theatre!!![/quote]

Yeah valid point actually. Still too many happy clappies and their like at the Carra''. Oh its a throw-in lets all clap!

[/quote]

Whereas I am more of a Filo man - as in the pastry..... [:P]

[quote user="Mainline"]

[/quote]Nice..... [Y]

[quote user="Mainline"]

[/quote]

You will see me in there, Shame not a fila man!!!

[quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="zemas tendon"]

[/quote]

I took my son to see Toy Story 3 the other week.  He spent most of the film changing seats and guzzling fruit shoots - but then he''s 3.  Are you 3?  Cos it sounds like you act like it.....[:$]

[/quote]

I am 3, Barclay Hero, what sort of Barclay Hero are you then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!