Sign in to follow this  
Raymond De Waard

Worst ever Norwich players

[quote user="Raymond De Waard"]

I was trying to think of a worst ever Norwich XI based on from when i first started watching Norwich and based purely on players who i have seen play live.  Can anybody else think of anybody else to fit into this Worst XI steming from the 1994-1995 relegation season in the premiership until now.

GK: Simon Tracey

LB: Fernando Derveld

CB: Steve Walsh

CB: ?

RB: Jon Otsemobor

LW: Raymond De Waard

CM: Julien Brellier

CM: Pape Diop

RW: Matthias Jonson

ST: Peter Thorne

ST: Elvis Hammond

Other rubbish players i could think of include: -

De Blasis, Strihavaka (who never got a chance), Whaley, Abbey, Ryan Jarvis, Theo, Keith Scott, Olf Otosson, Kevin Scott, Jurgen Colin.

I''m sure there are hundreds more.  Any idea''s people?

[/quote]

What?

He was very good defender from what I recall, I don''t see how he can be in a list of worst ever players!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]How can you say that Butterbean? he was forced out, by the man who forced out anyone he didn''t like....anytime Strihavka got more than 2 minuets (which was only 2/3 times), he looked very useful....[/quote]

Wasnt aware he was into medieval dancing? [:D]

How about the talents of Jason Jarrett, Juan Velasco and that Roeder classic, Troy Archibald-Henville!

[quote user="Raymond De Waard"]

I was trying to think of a worst ever Norwich XI based on from when i first started watching Norwich and based purely on players who i have seen play live.  Can anybody else think of anybody else to fit into this Worst XI steming from the 1994-1995 relegation season in the premiership until now.

GK: Simon Tracey

LB: Fernando Derveld

CB: Steve Walsh

CB: ?

RB: Jon Otsemobor

LW: Raymond De Waard

CM: Julien Brellier

CM: Pape Diop

RW: Matthias Jonson

ST: Peter Thorne

ST: Elvis Hammond

Other rubbish players i could think of include: -

De Blasis, Strihavaka (who never got a chance), Whaley, Abbey, Ryan Jarvis, Theo, Keith Scott, Olf Otosson, Kevin Scott, Jurgen Colin.

I''m sure there are hundreds more.  Any idea''s people?

[/quote]

I think your other Centre Back is Kevin Bond. Can''t see how you have Jonson in a worst ever team - gave one or two pretty decent performances imo, and that was in the Premiership. Also, does noone else think that Adrian Coote was awful?! [:O]

Jurgen Colin has to be in there.  I''m suprised a few people have actually praised him.

Andy Hughes, Archibold-Henville, Theoklitos, actually I have no one new to post.

And as for this Etuhu debate, he was complete and utterly useless.  God knows how he keeps a regular place at Fulham!

Jurgen Colin wasn''t bad...he just hated going past the half way line. Andy Hughes was not bad either....is he not now a stalwart within the Leeds side?

And for anyone who says Etuhu should be in our worst XI...Seriously?! Seriously?! I''d say he was probably one of our BEST central midfielders of the past 5 seasons!

Boyo, how can you say Archibold-Henville? He never played....(he didn''t play at all did he?)

I have decided i really don''t like these worst players threads.....I disagree with so much (fozzy...although thats just me....Andy Hughes, although not the most technically gifted, he always put in maximum effort, and has since showed himself to be a better full back, which we saw glimpses of when we had him, Colin, i didn''t think he was that bad at all, wouldn''t have him ahead of R. Martin, but he wasn''t too bad, had tought acts to follow though.....then players like Theoklitos, Koroma, Archibald-Henville, who played so little, or not at all, its not really fair on them......)

This isn''t about other clubs...otherwise Etuhu definatly can''t be in their, he has played in the World cup and a UAFA cup (or europa league, whatever its called nowadays...)...

And Theo, in his total of 3/4 English league games, is really being judged? Because i presume you haven''t been flying over to Oz to watch him....

Because reading reports on his form in Oz, he doesn''t sound like he has done too badly....

it is about other clubs...some have used it as a way of judging if a player was unlucky, **** or just didnt fit the club. players such as etuhu that was crap for us but good elsewhere. if a player is geuinely crap then it wont matter where he is. And i only saw 1 game of his time in england. and several of him in Oz (good ol internet and late night coffee) haha.

Well I have seen quite positive reviews of Theo playing in OZ.......

But if were mean''t to be looking at other clubs, then Etuhu and Hughes (i think he has been better at Leeds, than he had here....) should defiantly not be in a worst X1....

Does the fact that Dickson Etuhu is playing regularly in the Premiership and was in the Fulham team that reached the Europa League final not suggest to some of you that possibly, just possibly, you might have been wrong about him while he was here?

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Does the fact that Dickson Etuhu is playing regularly in the Premiership and was in the Fulham team that reached the Europa League final not suggest to some of you that possibly, just possibly, you might have been wrong about him while he was here?[/quote]

Bingo.

Infact, didn''t Hucks even indicate his disappointment that Dickson had left?

I suspect Dickson''s problem was that he arrived in the post-Premiership era, after a time where we''d had some seriously good midfielders - Holt at his best, Safri, Damien Francis, Bentley, etc. Compare him with some of them, and he comes off a little poorly.

But the following season our central midfield was once Rossi Jarvis and Michael Spillane.

Gary Docherty has to be in as the missing CB.

He was a shocking excuse of a professional footballer.

Clumsy. Slow. Simply a poor footballer.

Never rated him and nor did Lambert.

Pape Diop? No way. Just for his efforts in one game - QPR at home Boxing day. He ran the show.

Garry Brady can take his place.

Derveld is the worst player I have ever seen in a City shirt.

Any one who watched Danny Mill''s performances before his move to Charlton might think him suitable for listing here.

I''ve never seen him play but I heard Paul Dalglish was as useful as a chocolate kettle! Can anyone confirm/deny this?

[quote user="Largey"]I''ve never seen him play but I heard Paul Dalglish was as useful as a chocolate kettle! Can anyone confirm/deny this?[/quote]I can confirm he was absolute headless chicken rubbish.  He made Lee Croft look like Pelé.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]YES CHRIS BROWN :P hes useless......well he wasn''t as useless for Preston...whats he up too these days?[/quote]

Serious or wind-up? He came on for Preston last week.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]I suspect Dickson''s problem was that he arrived in the post-Premiership era, after a time where we''d had some seriously good midfielders - Holt at his best, Safri, Damien Francis, Bentley, etc. Compare him with some of them, and he comes off a little poorly. But the following season our central midfield was once Rossi Jarvis and Michael Spillane.[/quote]

Exactly.

Etuhu might have been inconsistent but he was a loss, his departure weakened us and we didn''t sign a better replacement.

And Chris Brown was a pretty good player for us just didn''t get going on the goalscoring side of things.

But generally the guy worked hard and played some good football. Unfortunately there were some fans who were far too quick to get on his back.

Perhaps a little more encouragement and a little less "5 GAMES WITHOUT A GOAL, BROWN" and then "6 GAMES NOW WITHOUT A GOAL, BROWN" etc etc, would have helped.