Sign in to follow this  
Raymond De Waard

Worst ever Norwich players

I was trying to think of a worst ever Norwich XI based on from when i first started watching Norwich and based purely on players who i have seen play live.  Can anybody else think of anybody else to fit into this Worst XI steming from the 1994-1995 relegation season in the premiership until now.

GK: Simon Tracey

LB: Fernando Derveld

CB: Steve Walsh

CB: ?

RB: Jon Otsemobor

LW: Raymond De Waard

CM: Julien Brellier

CM: Pape Diop

RW: Matthias Jonson

ST: Peter Thorne

ST: Elvis Hammond

Other rubbish players i could think of include: -

De Blasis, Strihavaka (who never got a chance), Whaley, Abbey, Ryan Jarvis, Theo, Keith Scott, Olf Otosson, Kevin Scott, Jurgen Colin.

I''m sure there are hundreds more.  Any idea''s people?

Why have you put Strihavka....and then said he never got a chance, therefore he can''t be in a rubbish Norwich team can he? he was actually half decent in the games he played.... and Jurgen Colin? you sure, he wasn''t brilliant, but he defiantly wasn''t that bad....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why have you put Strihavka....and then said he never got a chance, therefore he can''t be in a rubbish Norwich team can he? he was actually half decent in the games he played.... and Jurgen Colin? you sure, he wasn''t brilliant, but he defiantly wasn''t that bad....[/quote]

If he was good enough he would have played more and stayed longer

A lot of those players were a success elsewhere. They may have been "rubbish" for us on the day but otherwise had been useful. Egs. Johnson was an established Swedish international, Walsh had been very good at Leicester and even Peter Thorne is popping them in again nowadays,

Not quite fitting in somewhere is not the same as rubbish. Even Brellier came with a good reputation.

I agree with you about Keith Scott though and I only saw him live twice. That was enough, even though one of those occasions was when he headed an equaliser away at Birmingham.

How can you say that Butterbean? he was forced out, by the man who forced out anyone he didn''t like....anytime Strihavka got more than 2 minuets (which was only 2/3 times), he looked very useful....

Kevin Scott at centre back. every so often you come accross a player and wonder how the hell they ever became a professional footballer. did they buy their way in? are they doing a favour for someone they owe money too? did they just get very lucky...the bloke was awful... he was at the club about 1997-98... i''m better than him.. and im sh*t!

[quote user="Raymond De Waard"]

I was trying to think of a worst ever Norwich XI based on from when i first started watching Norwich and based purely on players who i have seen play live.  Can anybody else think of anybody else to fit into this Worst XI steming from the 1994-1995 relegation season in the premiership until now.

De Blasis, Strihavaka (who never got a chance), Whaley, Abbey, Ryan Jarvis, Theo, Keith Scott, Olf Otosson, Kevin Scott, Jurgen Colin.

[/quote]I wouldn''t put Jonson or Ostemobor in there.  There would have to be a few of the loan players - like Garry Brady or Andy Roberts for Midfield.  Brian McGovern could be either the missing CB or take Ostemobor''s position at RB, but for RB the top spot would probably have to go to Valesco.  Paul Peschisolido has to be a contender for ST. You could also include ''Victor Segura, Victor Segura, la la la la la laaaa'' in there of CB.

Mark Fotheringham. A jumped up, self important tool. I shudder when I think of him with the armband. If he was one tenth as good as he thought he was, he''d have been playing at the very highest level. My least favourite Norwich player of all time.

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Raymond De Waard"]

[/quote]I wouldn''t put Jonson or Ostemobor in there.  There would have to be a few of the loan players - like Garry Brady or Andy Roberts for Midfield.  Brian McGovern could be either the missing CB or take Ostemobor''s position at RB, but for RB the top spot would probably have to go to Valesco.  Paul Peschisolido has to be a contender for ST. You could also include ''Victor Segura, Victor Segura, la la la la la laaaa'' in there of CB.[/quote]Segura wasnt bad.

I remember him, seem to remember he scored some pathetic OG in a game once and I never liked him since.

What about Des Hamilton and Gary Brady - who Hamilton signed on loan from Newcastle (Brady might have been from Spurs?) I believe? Also Jim Whitley and Ged Brannon who were from Man City?

One I felt sorry for was Gaetano Giallanza I think he was class if it weren''t for his injuries.

errm I''ve just noticed Pape Diop in the original team - what is this absolute legend doing in there!

You either weren''t around back then or didn''t appreciate his subtle qualities!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]What about the team that got us relegated to Division 3? more than one or 2 of them need to be on the list. And Theoklitis.[/quote]

[Y]

Etuhu.A few people have said that this guy was a good player,and he has gone on to better things,but i only ever saw his poor performances,so he''s in for me.

I''d have to put Carl Robinson in at CM, with Mike Milligan. And Peter Grant. And Shaun Carey. So we''d play 4 in central midfield, but we''d have to because they were all awful.

I can''t think of any players on loan, as I don''t remember anything about loanees who weren''t signed on a permanent deal. I can also only think of players from my time and mainly ones who were either first team regulars or are talked about a lot.Goalkeeper - Theo, though he wasn''t to blame for all the goals in the 7-1 defeat and maybe he just needed a bit more time to settle in Defence:
  • Derveld
  • McGovern
  • Scott
  • De Blasiis
Midfield:
  • Fotheringham
  • Robinson
  • Carey
  • Pattison
  • Grant
  • Hughes (though I could put him in defence as well)
Attack:
  • Thorne
  • Peschisolido
  • Notman
  • Brown
  • Dalglish

[quote user="Razzmatazz"]Etuhu was quality for us, how anyone could ever put him in a city worst ever side is beyond me.[/quote]

Etuhu was dog shit, had no anticipation at all jsut watched the ball and box to box player my arse, would be in my worst XI easily probably as captain.

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why have you put Strihavka....and then said he never got a chance, therefore he can''t be in a rubbish Norwich team can he? he was actually half decent in the games he played.... and Jurgen Colin? you sure, he wasn''t brilliant, but he defiantly wasn''t that bad....[/quote]

If he was good enough he would have played more and stayed longer

[/quote]

the club would have had to pay extra bonuses if he played more thats why we sold him!"!!

Noway can you say Alex Notman as one of our worst ever players!  That''s ridiculous!  The guy was a qulity little player and was very unlucky to pick up the injury he got against the scum!