Sign in to follow this  
scrimmage

quality of posts

[quote user="scrimmage"]

Is it just my imagination, or has the quality of postings deteriorated in the last six months??

[/quote]It''s because City are doing well so the usual doom mongers are having to scrape the bottom of the barrel. "Whinge whinge whinge atmosphere whinge whinge whinge Whitbread whinge whinge whinge ticket prices whinge whinge whinge", etc.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Not sure if post quality has gone down (was there ever a golden age on here?) but it does seem the atmosphere has turned nastier of late.[/quote]I haven''t been on here much recently, but this place seems to be more of a club for old mates then it ever has been before.  When I first joined here there were basically 2 camps who argued the toss over everything.  If anything there seems to be more respect for other posters now than at any time I can remember.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="scrimmage"]

Is it just my imagination, or has the quality of postings deteriorated in the last six months??

[/quote]

It''s because City are doing well so the usual doom mongers are having to scrape the bottom of the barrel. "Whinge whinge whinge atmosphere whinge whinge whinge Whitbread whinge whinge whinge ticket prices whinge whinge whinge", etc.
[/quote]

Exactly! [Y]

I can see that there are certain allegiances within the forum but at the end of the day this site delivers on what it should do really... NCFC banter....

When you are at the pub with your mates half of it is tosh and there are two that will always stick together no matter what so this hits the nail on the head. I remember last year having to PROVE Valencia had scored goals and got assist because my mates thought he was S2pt ..... then again one of em said Drury never gets forward :(

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Not sure if post quality has gone down (was there ever a golden age on here?) but it does seem the atmosphere has turned nastier of late.[/quote]I haven''t been on here much recently, but this place seems to be more of a club for old mates then it ever has been before.  When I first joined here there were basically 2 camps who argued the toss over everything.  If anything there seems to be more respect for other posters now than at any time I can remember.[/quote]Indeed, but only if the posters are from the "inner circle" lol.

[quote user="Largey"]Them posts have held up the River End for 30 odd years so I would say they are of good quality.[/quote]

I got a new phone last week, the wildfire, might even make a phone call from it one day, when I can find out how to us the damn thing

[quote user="Mello Yello"] Yup.....[/quote]

Shocking posts indeed........A disgrace.

I think a big part of it may be because we''re pretty much at that melancholy stage of the season. We''re past the start of it now and traditionally most autumn games don''t always have the added spice that opening games and 2nd half of the season games do. It''ll pick up closer to Christmas once the league table has had time to pan out some more, for better or worse. It''ll also pick up once the visits of Leeds and Ipswich take place.

[quote user="archantadams"]I can see that there are certain allegiances within the forum but at the end of the day this site delivers on what it should do really... NCFC banter.... When you are at the pub with your mates half of it is tosh and there are two that will always stick together no matter what so this hits the nail on the head. I remember last year having to PROVE Valencia had scored goals and got assist because my mates thought he was S2pt ..... then again one of em said Drury never gets forward :([/quote]

It''s a bit like ''The Inbetweeners'' but less mature.....lol

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Mello Yello"] Yup.....[/quote]

Shocking posts indeed........A disgrace.[/quote]Yes that concrete water diviner''s effort looks a bit manky but I quite like that well seasoned wooden affair.Why, it''s even got three helpful signs attached so you know which end goes at the top.......

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Mello Yello"] Yup.....[/quote]

Shocking posts indeed........A disgrace.[/quote]Yes that concrete water diviner''s effort looks a bit manky but I quite like that well seasoned wooden affair.Why, it''s even got three helpful signs attached so you know which end goes at the top.......[/quote]You make a very valid point asms......I retract my comments regarding the wooden posts having had the clever signage pointed out to me, so will concentrate my ongoing disgust on the concrete version.Perhaps the NCISA might have a view on this matter?

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Mello Yello"] Yup.....[/quote]

Shocking posts indeed........

A disgrace.
[/quote]

Yes that concrete water diviner''s effort looks a bit manky but I quite like that well seasoned wooden affair.

Why, it''s even got three helpful signs attached so you know which end goes at the top.......
[/quote]

You make a very valid point asms......

I retract my comments regarding the wooden posts having had the clever signage pointed out to me, so will concentrate my ongoing disgust on the concrete version.

Perhaps the NCISA might have a view on this matter?
[/quote]

I''m rather curious as to what the crop is in the field? Is there any ''Norfolk Farmer Giles types'' on this forum, that could tell me what the crop is?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Mello Yello"] Yup.....[/quote]

Shocking posts indeed........A disgrace.[/quote]Yes that concrete water diviner''s effort looks a bit manky but I quite like that well seasoned wooden affair.Why, it''s even got three helpful signs attached so you know which end goes at the top.......[/quote]You make a very valid point asms......I retract my comments regarding the wooden posts having had the clever signage pointed out to me, so will concentrate my ongoing disgust on the concrete version.Perhaps the NCISA might have a view on this matter?[/quote]

I''m rather curious as to what the crop is in the field? Is there any ''Norfolk Farmer Giles types'' on this forum, that could tell me what the crop is?

[/quote]I would suggest a standing grass crop for silage......

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Not sure if post quality has gone down (was there ever a golden age on here?) but it does seem the atmosphere has turned nastier of late.[/quote]

I haven''t been on here much recently, but this place seems to be more of a club for old mates then it ever has been before.  When I first joined here there were basically 2 camps who argued the toss over everything.  If anything there seems to be more respect for other posters now than at any time I can remember.
[/quote]

great post mate [:D]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I''m rather curious as to what the crop is in the field? Is there any ''Norfolk Farmer Giles types'' on this forum, that could tell me what the crop is?[/quote]Thay be winter gooseberries thay be, ho harr.