Sign in to follow this  
Lambert is King

Hull Tickets Adult £26 child free

Dan Druff.....Have you not looked at the various stats for how much income comes from selling less tickets (because by less, i mean a maximum of 2000/2500 less really) at a higher price, rather than selling out at a cheaper price?

And the fact that most other clubs at our level are charging the same?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Dan Druff.....Have you not looked at the various stats for how much income comes from selling less tickets (because by less, i mean a maximum of 2000/2500 less really) at a higher price, rather than selling out at a cheaper price? And the fact that most other clubs at our level are charging the same?[/quote]

I don''t see how the club can be getting more revenue at the high prices, bearing in mind that we are only talking about casual tickets here which I believe would be about 5,000 , when you consider the rest are season-ticket holders.  You are thus saying that selling 3,000 tickets is better than selling 5,000 at a slightly lower price.  3,000 at 25 quid = 75,000, whereas 5,000 at 20 quid = 100,000. Over 23 home games that is an increase in revenue of  575,000 pounds. No measly sum at all, plus also there is the benefit of more satisfied fans and a better atmosphere as we push for promotion.   

It is simple supply and demand really, out of those casual supporters the club has probably researched highly the trend set by spending across many frontiers and come to the conclusion that this is the best course of action. The calculations put forward in this section are blindingly obvious so I am sure that people in the companies marketing and accounts teams are probably aware of it.

I am sure that the club has sat down with a team of people that understand the economy far better than myself (I hold a BA in economics) and thought about the options for the club to make a profit and this is the way forward.

When market trends have changed and other factors taken into consideration this the businesses rebuttal. It is not a fly by night analysis thrown out at a whim to simply attract people on the day. It is a marketing tactic in place to attract key demographics and attract a certain type of fan.

It''s all good sitting here throwing out painfully obvious statistics but do you really think saying something that simple your going to make anyone at Norwich HQ say, oh yea, wow lower the price and get more in will gain higher revenue..... No, of course not.

"Pop" psychology may make people look like a well rounded individual with sound experience but "Pop" economics doesn''t work. The board and team have made a decision and until the day they revise their marketing strategy due to it being ineffectual I support the new ticketing policy.

P.S my season ticket has gone up over £200 this year!

Fantastic idea to fill the stadiumBUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!I rang up to get mine and the offer has now sold out, infact they went yesterday morning.out of interest I tried to book normally and still a few hundred available at normal prices.

[quote user="Refs are sometimes blind"]Fantastic idea to fill the stadium

BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rang up to get mine and the offer has now sold out, infact they went yesterday morning.

out of interest I tried to book normally and still a few hundred available at normal prices.
[/quote]

Plus the offer was only open to kids that had previously registered with FITC - which Ive now done in case there are any future offers....

Good idea to get bums on seats I think. I would rather the fill the remaining seats and make a bit of money from reduced tickets prices and potential food sales/merchandise than have empty seats.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Might come across as a grumpy old man but why should the kids get in free? It''s then us singletons that have to make up the shortfall[/quote]Ah, yes Chunky, but if people didn''t have kids before too long NCFC wouldn''t exist.That''d put the ticket pricing argument well and truly to bed.......

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Might come across as a grumpy old man but why should the kids get in free? It''s then us singletons that have to make up the shortfall[/quote]

In this case a real grumpy git as if you read the ad it applies to kids that have involvement with FITC and are trying one day to play for this club. A lot of these kids pay about £600 per year to the club plus pdc kits at £70 per time travelling plusteir £10 membership ect. Do you really begrudge these particular kids or is this just a wind up

I think ''begrudge'' is a very strong word but I forget how uptight this messageboard can be at times.

Maybe it''s just every weekend seeing all these activities free for kids but adults have to pay full whack. Would hate to see it spread to football!