Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

TICKETING POLICY

I think that posters are complicating what is a very simple issue. For the posters that say that success on the pitch comes at a price, no arguement from me, you are totally correct. For the posters that say that the club have been charging lower than they should over the seasons, based on what McNally says I would say you are probaly correct.

The above points now need to be put to one side, taken as being 100% cast iron correct.

The issue is a simple one, if the club gets its pricing policy wrong then people will not attend, to recoup the investment the club needs "bums on seats".... Maybe the days of 15000 attendances and average priced season tickets of £500 are just around the corner, it may help us in the short term, but what will it do in the long term?.....

Sons of B, while i agree if prices go higher some fans will not re-new i do believe their seats in favourable parts of the stadium are likely to be taken on by others

NCFC clearly not going to do away with some concessions, probably just reduce the reduction they get, but i think Mcnally has shown enough savvy to date to trust he''ll strike the balance between increasing revenues (neccessary) and still making it value for money

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="Davo"]

Thanks for the updat eon what McNally said last night.

I honestly don''t think that there is much wrong with the prices of particular grades. It''s more a question of what games have been classed as what grades. Ipswich and by the sounds of it Leeds will almost certainly be above average attendances even at £30. Swansea was an error though in my opinion.

It''s good that McNally had some tough questions to face about prices but it''s equally as good to see that we worked through his reasons for it.

I do see a price jump coming with season tickets however I think this will be easier to swallow for most people as the club does offer the monthly interest free direct debit. I honestly can see 18-21 season tickets jumping to about £230. It still represents great value at £10 a game and it still reasonably affordable coming in at less than £20 a month. This is a large increase at 30% but when you pay by direct debit it''s an extra £5 a month which isn''t too much (about 1-2 pints).

Davo

[/quote]

Point 1 is difficult to call and to be honest I felt he was saying that the income needed had been exceeded this season to date so he is vindicated in upsetting a few in the interests of the survival of this club. I stand to be corrected if others did not draw that cnclusion.

I have mentioned I think on this thread that if the club made a mistake it was not to be more open at the end of last season about how close we were to administration and what would need to be done to keep the banks support, but after saying that it seems from what he was saying that the banks have only just agreed the restrureing of the debt now McNally has shown he has a business plan that works.

Again not really mentioned in the press but there was a quick one liner when he garunteed price increases with season tickets. I am actually on the forum next week as I beleive a couple more on here are as well. Although I have my own views I will open a thread on Sunday to gauge genuinely what rise season ticket holders are expecting where I wll put my personal thoughts but will look at all opinions hopefully getting a good picture as I really beleive McNally has saved this club and within reason we now need to give as much support back as possible to get back to where this great club should be.    

[/quote]

Thank you LiK.

I''m sure he will feel vindicated. It won''t be for another year before we get a feel of just how far McNally and Bowkett too have turned this club around.

My point about the season tickets going up was I think the concession prices are going to be targeted and they will see a bigger percentage increase than the normal priced ones. It also shows how this large increase (30%) can still be affordable.

Davo

I understand why Mcnally did it but in the real world 16-21 year olds, most of whom won''t be earning much having to pay £30 to watch what is basically stripped down to the bones, 2nd Division football is way overpriced. Exactly the same as under 16''s having to pay £20!

But it looks as though these overpriced tickets are here to stay but other initiatives could be brought in alongside them help those who can''t commit to season tickets and don''t want to pay over the top prices -

Elderly concessions to start at 65.

Casual 16-21 year olds could buy in bulk and save money - 3 games for £30 for any games but the Ipswich and Leeds home games which would still be more expensive than a season ticket. Any amount of games 3 or over could be bought this way but not for 2 or 1 game only. EG, someone working out they would like to go to 8 handpicked games would pay £80.

This scheme could also be implemented for adults, U16''s and 65 and overs!

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I think that posters are complicating what is a very simple issue. For the posters that say that success on the pitch comes at a price, no arguement from me, you are totally correct. For the posters that say that the club have been charging lower than they should over the seasons, based on what McNally says I would say you are probaly correct. The above points now need to be put to one side, taken as being 100% cast iron correct. The issue is a simple one, if the club gets its pricing policy wrong then people will not attend, to recoup the investment the club needs "bums on seats".... Maybe the days of 15000 attendances and average priced season tickets of £500 are just around the corner, it may help us in the short term, but what will it do in the long term?.....[/quote]

Interesting point but imo what he was saying was he made no apologies for supporting the majority, not fearing upseting the minority as the most important thing was to balance the books. We will of course see but I suspect he was saying season ticket increases would be kept to as minimum as possible increase. I beleive he is more interested in keeping the number of season tickets up but  at the same time stating we as fans need to help him or there will be no club. The banks must have real beleif in McNally at the helm and as fans I think we can trust what he says his goals are. What he is saying is that if he offered cheap football to everyone just to fill theground there would be no ground to fill.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

I understand why Mcnally did it but in the real world 16-21 year olds, most of whom won''t be earning much having to pay £30 to watch what is basically stripped down to the bones, 2nd Division football is way overpriced. Exactly the same as under 16''s having to pay £20!

But it looks as though these overpriced tickets are here to stay but other initiatives could be brought in alongside them help those who can''t commit to season tickets and don''t want to pay over the top prices -

Elderly concessions to start at 65.

Casual 16-21 year olds could buy in bulk and save money - 3 games for £30 for any games but the Ipswich and Leeds home games which would still be more expensive than a season ticket. Any amount of games 3 or over could be bought this way but not for 2 or 1 game only. EG, someone working out they would like to go to 8 handpicked games would pay £80.

This scheme could also be implemented for adults, U16''s and 65 and overs!

[/quote]

Points taken but again what he is argueing ( if thats the right word ) is that if you purchase a season ticket at early bird stage an under 16 season ticket is £62 less than £3 per game. If you attend 10 games it is still only £6 per game. Under 21 catergory he was stateing that this is £7.50 per game. Putting his points together with yours he pointed out that with a season ticket if you attended half the games it would work out at £15 per game but you would garuntee your seat for games such as Ipswich.  

If students want to come to games they will have to budget for it and go without other things. Welcome to the real world, it''s what the rest of us have been doing for years. It gets right up my nose when 16-21 ''s say they haven''t got any money. Ok, those that don''t have a job at all will suffer, and in that case I do feel for them, but a lot of them work, and live at home. In real terms they are better off than someone with a mortgage and 2.4 kids. The price rises will affect all of us, thats why I have a season ticket as its the best way to spread the cost. Rant over [:)]

Here''s a bit of advice for those who have financial concerns regarding purchase of season or casual tickets.

Top tips.....

Start saving now for next season, sacrifice a few comforts and non-necessities.....

Then come February/March 2011 and season ticket renewal time, you''ll then hopefully will have sufficient funds to cover or break the back of the costs of renewing.

When family or friends ask what you would like for Birthday/Christmas? "Please may I have cash to put toward my season-ticket renewal, or money for casual football tickets?"

Have a garage or a car-boot sale, go on ebay and get rid of your unwanted tack and junk.....

Cut down on the ale, fags, takeaways, Starbucks etc - and other treats like lapdancers, nightclubs and down-size your annual holiday....

QD or Primark instead of trendy designer gear....

Simples....Care and control of disposable income.....

There''s actually no real excuse if you''re really that keen to attend games.....

See, and I''m not even an accountant or financial advisor.....

"If you can''t afford it, you''re therefore, not meant to have it".....

I''ll be holding a financial surgery in the Coach and Horses after the game.....For the price of a pint - I''ll give you more ''Top Tips'' on ''care and control of disposable income''.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I understand McNally mentioned Stephen Fry Smithy.... Was it a case of having Fry appointed without his support or was he supportive of having Fry on the board?

I understand he also mentioned Smith, Jones and Foulger. Was that to say he had reigned them in to stop them sending the club into oblivion or had they been supportive and all working on the same side?

[/quote]

Yes, Nutty, Stephen Fry did get some air-time as did the three other Board members you mentioned.

I agree with LIK that there did seem to be an underlying message in that the Chief Exec and one or two of the Board members had not been singing from the same hymn sheet when he was first appointed. Different points of view are to be expected in any organisation and I suspect that Mr McNally, as discussed on here many times previously, had his work cut out to win over the romantics at Director level. He is certainly no '' touchy feely '' type and this is what NCFC has needed for some time even if his style has put a few noses out of joint in the process.

Regarding Stephen Fry, on a personal level the Chief Exec and Mr Fry are chalk and cheese. Without this unexpected alliance I very much doubt if either would feature as a '' friend '' on a Facebook page. That said I think the attraction of having another high profile celebrity on board is a no-lose bet. There can''t be many people in the whole nation who haven''t heard of Stephen Fry, and even if Mr McNally isn''t a fan of his luvvie style he knows full well that his contacts are far and away well in excess of any other Board member including perhaps even Delia herself. Love him or loathe him - and Twitter for that matter -  anyone with a '' friends '' list of some 1.8 million and a passion for NCFC has got to be worth knowing in the never ending search for fresh finance.

Incidentally the Chief Exec did say he was impressed when the new Board member reeled of an almost complete list of the current playing squad. There must be plenty of celebrities attaching themselves to clubs who have no idea when the next match is coming up let alone the players names. In the rather detached world that Stephen Fry and other famous names inhabit that must make him a pretty serious fan in most peoples books.....

[quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Mello Yello"]

Have those extra season tickets that were made available - been snapped up yet? 

[/quote]

adam drury was trying to tempt me with one when i was in the ticket office phone queue this  tea time so i assume theresa few left [:D]

[/quote]

Well according to the club''s website less than 100 are now available - so it seems we''ve shifted another 250+ this month, given an extra 350 went on sale. Not to be sniffed at all. Pushing our ST base to the 21k mark, something every other team in this division - Derby aside - would kill for.

Could it be that Mr McNally''s aggressive pricing of casual tickets for the opening games helped encourage these new 250 season ticket holders to sign up? Maybe. And if so, it''s another pat on the back for the man who - along with Paul Lambert - has perfomed something close to a miracle at this club.

OTBC.

][quote user="Mello Yello"]

Here''s a bit of advice for those who have financial concerns regarding purchase of season or casual tickets.

Top tips.....

Start saving now for next season, sacrifice a few comforts and non-necessities.....

Then come February/March 2011 and season ticket renewal time, you''ll then hopefully will have sufficient funds to cover or break the back of the costs of renewing.

When family or friends ask what you would like for Birthday/Christmas? "Please may I have cash to put toward my season-ticket renewal, or money for casual football tickets?"

Have a garage or a car-boot sale, go on ebay and get rid of your unwanted tack and junk.....

Cut down on the ale, fags, takeaways, Starbucks etc - and other treats like lapdancers, nightclubs and down-size your annual holiday....

There''s actually no real excuse if you''re really that keen to attend games.....

I''ll be holding a financial surgery in the Coach and Horses after the game.....For the price of a pint - I''ll give you more ''Top Tips'' on ''care and control of disposable income''.....

i take it that patronising load of guff was meant to be tongue in cheek ? 

[/quote]

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="Felixfan"]If you remember from last years accounts the auditors could not certify the club/company as a going concern and the directors had to give certain undertakings to the creditors to remain in business and this probably depended upon promotion (which was achieved) and an increased cash flow -hence the increases to season tickets,beverages and casual tickets plus the increased capacity. The club''s financial situation is presumably still precarious and if we wish to push for promotion as well as keeping the creditors happy we all have to pay the price.[/quote]

Are you Mr McNally ? This was not far off exactly what he said at NCISA tonight. Firstly he pointed out that last Autumn we were on the brink of admiistration ( did well to shaft NOW I reckon ). He secondly conceded that we had 1 year to get promoted or all was probably lost. This resulted in us being allowed to give Lambert money we did not really have and apparently last years accounts will look horrendous. Based on our income now being more than our outgoings he is expecting a full restructure of our debts to be announced in the next 6 months. He made no apologies and stated that without these increases our outgoings outstripped our income. He also pointed out that our gates are 2% up to date and the home support is up 4.5% bucking the trend of the vast majority if not all clubs. He stated we have sold close on 25000 for our next 2 games increasing the trend further. He also stated ( and said he was happy to face questions on this if it did not happen ) that as the season moves on we will sell out most games. One last important point he made was that due to the way premier league money is spread we must get promoted within the next 2 - 3 years.

He also stated that on the one hand the family club tag seemed very good, but these policies meant us losing money hand over fist and our lack of income pushed us close to administration.

He then repeated that whatever the club were saying in public we had to get promoted from league 1 in one year.     

[/quote]That was why I attended last night to ask the question

It''s time to scrap concessions for the over 60s. These people are probably the wealthiest age group amongst the fans. The post-war days of OAPs living in poverty are long gone. Current over 60s are the baby boomers that enjoyed all the freedoms their parents fought and died for. Only now they expect the current youth to support them in old age. It has to end. Subbing the elderly is unaffordable to kids who earn nothing.

[quote user="pennywise "]][quote user="Mello Yello"]

Top tips.....

i take it that patronising load of guff was meant to be tongue in cheek ? 

[/quote][/quote]

Certainly not!

No it''s the real world.

I gave up my season ticket 4 years ago as I felt it was more important to spend time with my young family, now they are four years older, I am able to start taking them. Others peoples money is like my time. They need to decide what matters most.

[quote user="Gromitt"]

No it''s the real world.

I gave up my season ticket 4 years ago as I felt it was more important to spend time with my young family, now they are four years older, I am able to start taking them. Others peoples money is like my time. They need to decide what matters most.

[/quote]

Oops quote button failure, this was meant to be a response to Pennywise''s assertion that Mello Yello had written patronising guff.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I understand McNally mentioned Stephen Fry Smithy.... Was it a case of having Fry appointed without his support or was he supportive of having Fry on the board?

I understand he also mentioned Smith, Jones and Foulger. Was that to say he had reigned them in to stop them sending the club into oblivion or had they been supportive and all working on the same side?

[/quote]

Yes, Nutty, Stephen Fry did get some air-time as did the three other Board members you mentioned.

I agree with LIK that there did seem to be an underlying message in that the Chief Exec and one or two of the Board members had not been singing from the same hymn sheet when he was first appointed. Different points of view are to be expected in any organisation and I suspect that Mr McNally, as discussed on here many times previously, had his work cut out to win over the romantics at Director level. He is certainly no '' touchy feely '' type and this is what NCFC has needed for some time even if his style has put a few noses out of joint in the process.

Regarding Stephen Fry, on a personal level the Chief Exec and Mr Fry are chalk and cheese. Without this unexpected alliance I very much doubt if either would feature as a '' friend '' on a Facebook page. That said I think the attraction of having another high profile celebrity on board is a no-lose bet. There can''t be many people in the whole nation who haven''t heard of Stephen Fry, and even if Mr McNally isn''t a fan of his luvvie style he knows full well that his contacts are far and away well in excess of any other Board member including perhaps even Delia herself. Love him or loathe him - and Twitter for that matter -  anyone with a '' friends '' list of some 1.8 million and a passion for NCFC has got to be worth knowing in the never ending search for fresh finance.

Incidentally the Chief Exec did say he was impressed when the new Board member reeled of an almost complete list of the current playing squad. There must be plenty of celebrities attaching themselves to clubs who have no idea when the next match is coming up let alone the players names. In the rather detached world that Stephen Fry and other famous names inhabit that must make him a pretty serious fan in most peoples books.....

[/quote]

Blimey Smithy, they call me the waffle meister!! Did seem to be an underlying message? And loads about what you think. And I do respect your opinion my friend. But this time I wanted to know what McNally''s opinion was. Either he very cleverly out waffle meistered you and managed to talk at length without giving his opinion or he did give an opinion which doesn''t suit so an underlying message is more comfortable.

Much has been made on this messageboard about McNally and Bowkett being unsupportive of Fry''s appointment, even to the extent that some claim it was done without their knowledge.

Much has been made on this messageboard about how Delia Smith is once again calling the shots now we are in the Championship having taken a back seat in League One.

I don''t believe either of those scenarios and wanted to know what McNally had to say.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Blimey Smithy, they call me the waffle meister!! Did seem to be an underlying message? And loads about what you think. And I do respect your opinion my friend. But this time I wanted to know what McNally''s opinion was. Either he very cleverly out waffle meistered you and managed to talk at length without giving his opinion or he did give an opinion which doesn''t suit so an underlying message is more comfortable.

Much has been made on this messageboard about McNally and Bowkett being unsupportive of Fry''s appointment, even to the extent that some claim it was done without their knowledge.

Much has been made on this messageboard about how Delia Smith is once again calling the shots now we are in the Championship having taken a back seat in League One.

I don''t believe either of those scenarios and wanted to know what McNally had to say.

[/quote]

OK Nutty, hands up, you''ve got me bang to rights........I can waffle for England.

In my defence and as you well know the trouble with most Chief Executives is their capacity for spin and waffle. Neil Doncaster was probably the '' best '' at this but they all seem to be aspiring politicians. It''s very difficult to fathom out what exactly what had been said but if Mr McNally doesn''t like certain individuals he certainly didn''t say so at the meeting which was after all a public meeting with the Press in attendance. Had any politicians been present they would probably have been impressed by what was said but not said ( if you know what I mean !! ).

Even attendance at these meetings is no guarantee of learning much as everyone is left with several different interpretations of what went on.

That''s what I thought Smithy. It''s that really clever politician way that means everyone leaves the room with an interpretation that comfortably fits what they thought when they entered it[:)]